Erol G

Unstated Consular Requirements for Fiance Visa

68 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Erol G said:

We did not get a 221g. That is why I am now working with an attorney to withdraw the application. They indicated they found fraud, so that is even more serious.  I just don't see how I committed any explicit fraud based on an approved USCIS petition and having met the articulated guidelines to qualify for the visa. I understand that issuance of a visa is a privilege the way driving is a privilege. But it is also fact that almost anyone will be able to drive if they meet the basic guidelines. Apparently, it has become a strenuous legal process in some situations. No--they did not interview my fiancée. They took her documents and turned her away. She was not given the questioning routine that typically exists. I did not receive any funds in excess of assistance with the traveling for which I could not find a prohibition. I would say the relationship met the stated requirements. But as the title of this thread indicates, there are so many unstated requirements that one may consider getting an attorney to begin with, contrary to what is heard or said elsewhere. 

We did not receive a 221g at our interview and were also accused of fraud (well my husband was).   They made many accusations in which we stayed calm an argued every one.  When our case was returned and we received our NOIR there was no mention of fraud.   I think it's a tactic used to scare you or get one to admit wrong doing.  

Unfortunately if the consular offer does not believe you there is not much you can do at that time.     If you in fact have not done anything wrong then reapply (since you are a k-1 you won't receive a NOIR) gather more evidence so the next interview you have more proof of a bona fide relationship.  

I know its difficult but the truth is these embassy weed through so many cases and have seen so much fraud.  I'm not sure if its lack of resources, funds, employees or time but unfortunately innocent people get hurt as they attempt to do there best efforts to keep our country safe and the USC from harm.  

So who exactly are the PI relatives in the US that paid for the trip? Sister, brother, mother? 

How many days did you spend in PI and when did you decide to get engaged? Length of time? 

How did you meet your fiancée? Relatives said we have a perfect girl for you or you first met her online and then found out about her relatives in the US? 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

How much was the gift?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
21 minutes ago, milimelo said:

So who exactly are the PI relatives in the US that paid for the trip? Sister, brother, mother? 

How many days did you spend in PI and when did you decide to get engaged? Length of time? 

How did you meet your fiancée? Relatives said we have a perfect girl for you or you first met her online and then found out about her relatives in the US? 

14 minutes ago, Boiler said:

How much was the gift?

i asked these and more but didnt get a direct response  ...

Edited by debbiedoo

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
8 minutes ago, debbiedoo said:

i asked these and more but didnt get a direct response  ...

Probably an oversight.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

6 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

Who gave you a gift and how much? 

Sorry, but the answer is there. You keep saying you got assistance... How much? Who gave it?

That's the answer to your denial.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, Lemonslice said:

Sorry, but the answer is there. You keep saying you got assistance... How much? Who gave it?

That's the answer to your denial.

I would add how do they know about it, since apparently there was NO INTERVIEW. 

3 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

That's interesting PI is on there. I've never heard mention of it as being a high fraud country, though it's not surprising. It's certainly not to the level of some of those on that list, though.

2 hours ago, Shiran said:

I strongly suspect this is not any sort of "official" list.  Philippines is by FAR a country that issues the most K1/K2 visas. In 2017 they issued 8432 K visas for Philippines, for comparison, there were only 8272 K visas issued for entire North America (including Mexico and Central America countries) continent.

They actually handled 19% of all K-1 visas last fiscal year, I believe (or maybe the FY before that). By far, PI is not known for refusals of K-1 and spousal visas.

Tourist and other NIVs are another matter...plenty of status violations and fraud there that made getting those visas much more difficult. Pi is one of those odd countries that is high fraud for NIVs, but not so much for IVs.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
46 minutes ago, geowrian said:

They actually handled 19% of all K-1 visas last fiscal year, I believe (or maybe the FY before that). By far, PI is not known for refusals of K-1 and spousal visas.

Tourist and other NIVs are another matter...plenty of status violations and fraud there that made getting those visas much more difficult. Pi is one of those odd countries that is high fraud for NIVs, but not so much for IVs.

I agree 100%. Thailand is the same way. They will not cough up a Tourist visa without jumping thru serious hoops( I tried to get one for my now Fiancee, and they just walked her thru the embassy and handed her the denial form no questions asked, she didn't even get to sit down), but have a very high K1 and CR1 approval rate. Over 98% I believe. And I had no problem with my K1 Approval.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Shiran said:

He claims she went and handed paperwork and was turned away.  Most likely more conversation happened to be accused of fraud and the money transfers to be an issue.

9 hours ago, Paul & Marina said:

I am accepting bribes from my fiancé's relatives. A gift to help with travel expense cannot be construed as a "bribe." "

Just food for thought, If you can't afford to travel to see her, maybe they think you you don't have the money to take her

A gift to help with travel expense cannot be construed as a "bribe." I think one can make the case that was a bribe.

During those 3 posts that seriously need paragraphs I missed that part. I can see where they thought that then. 

3 hours ago, Shiran said:

If you had read the long drawn out and convoluted tale that he has spun here you would see that his fiance did in fact have a interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.