Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Lbto&Lbta said:

Hello PPL

After calling NVC got the case number, later in the day received a letter from NVC stating that the case was going to be forwarded to the Embassy.  Today I checked on the CEAC website and the case has status "Ready". 

It also says "Case created: 18-Jul-2018" and "Case Last Updated: 25-Jul-2018".  Does this mean that the case has been sent to the embassy or not yet?

I think you answered your own question. They said they issued a case number. They said they were forwarding your case file to your Embassy. And CEAC says "Ready" because you case is ready for adjudication. So YES, case is at your Embassy.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

9 hours ago, xJohnMx said:

Good news. Got the NVC e-mail yesterday that our case was on the way to Jakarta. So NVC assigned the case number on 17 July and sent it on 24 July. So only one week at NVC.

DS-160 is submitted, fee paid, documents collected, and ready for the medical exam. Unfortunately, the Embassy told us to wait for the packet to arrive before doing the medical.

Anyone have any idea how long it takes to get the Embassy from NVC? Do they use the mail or the State Department Pouch?

They use DHL or more recently they are converting to electronic submittal of case files. Someone in another thread stated that it took one day to arrive to her Embassy which means it was sent electronically.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

8 hours ago, NIkandDonnie said:

Like many, we are "In transit" also, so I thought I'd check with the international center for migration (a place I can do my medical here) about scheduling it before it reaches embassy, and seeing what is the waiting time to have the medical. The guy told me they can do it tomorrow if I wanted haha, so I scheduled it for next Tuesday, and they also don't send anything to the embassy, I get all of it and bring it to my interview (that means I don't have to wait for the embassy to recieve the medical results). Anyway a big relief for us! 

Also apparently they don't even need my NVC case number, just my pasport + four pictures and the immunisation records if I have them.

Not so fast buckaroo. This is recent information from your Embassy for your bedtime reading.

From the Serbia Embassy's website: Interviews are by appointment only! You will receive an appointment when you have submitted your notice of readiness confirming that you have all the required paperwork in your possession. Embassy Belgrade will notify you of your interview date and time and paying the MRV application fee by an appointment letter.

Required Documentation

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and eligible children applying for K-2 visas) will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:

• Completed Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. You (and any eligible children applying for K-2 visas) must: (1) complete Form DS-160 and (2) print the DS-160 confirmation page to bring to your interview. 
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions).
  • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
  • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for six months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
  • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
  • Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements
  • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
  • Payment of fees, as explained below

Note: The consular officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is genuine. Documents in foreign languages, other than the language of the country in which the application takes place, should be translated. Applicants should take to the visa interview clear, legible photocopies of civil documents and translations, such as birth and divorce certificates. Original documents and translations will be returned.

Serbia portal here on VJ http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Serbia&cty=Belgrade

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Not so fast buckaroo. This is recent information from your Embassy for your bedtime reading.

From the Serbia Embassy's website: Interviews are by appointment only! You will receive an appointment when you have submitted your notice of readiness confirming that you have all the required paperwork in your possession. Embassy Belgrade will notify you of your interview date and time and paying the MRV application fee by an appointment letter.

Required Documentation

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and eligible children applying for K-2 visas) will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:

• Completed Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. You (and any eligible children applying for K-2 visas) must: (1) complete Form DS-160 and (2) print the DS-160 confirmation page to bring to your interview. 
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions).
  • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
  • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for six months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
  • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
  • Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements
  • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
  • Payment of fees, as explained below

Note: The consular officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is genuine. Documents in foreign languages, other than the language of the country in which the application takes place, should be translated. Applicants should take to the visa interview clear, legible photocopies of civil documents and translations, such as birth and divorce certificates. Original documents and translations will be returned.

Serbia portal here on VJ http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Serbia&cty=Belgrade

Well yea I've seen that before, I have all the documentation part from the medical, but I cannot schedule my own interview?

event.png

event.png

event.png

Quick question - my fiancé is working on getting the evidence for the affidavit of support, and he's wondering whether it's ok to have the employer and bank letters dated before my case is "ready" at the interview. My gut feeling is that they don't care if it's dated before or after I schedule the interview, within reason...

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

2 hours ago, NIkandDonnie said:

Well yea I've seen that before, I have all the documentation part from the medical, but I cannot schedule my own interview?

Read the second paragraph.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

56 minutes ago, ITMFA said:

Quick question - my fiancé is working on getting the evidence for the affidavit of support, and he's wondering whether it's ok to have the employer and bank letters dated before my case is "ready" at the interview. My gut feeling is that they don't care if it's dated before or after I schedule the interview, within reason...

Your correct.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, ITMFA said:

As long as it is not extremely outdated it should be fine, but as a normal caution, this varies by embassy and I cannot speak to yours specifically.  Sending additional pay stubs dated after the letter is good evidence that the employment verified in the letter is continuing and more than likely permanent (which should be explicitly stated in the letter if that is the case). Although it could be argued that this may not be necessary depending on the time that has elapsed between the letter and the interview. 

Were you actually able to obtain a letter from the bank? Seems like the majority of people have issues with this and just include monthly statements from their bank. I would only concentrate heavily on banking items if you are relying on assets and not earned income to meet the requirements. But don't leave them out if you have them. 

Edited by jakejon

1 hour ago, jakejon said:

As long as it is not extremely outdated it should be fine, but as a normal caution, this varies by embassy and I cannot speak to yours specifically.  Sending additional pay stubs dated after the letter is good evidence that the employment verified in the letter is continuing and more than likely permanent (which should be explicitly stated in the letter if that is the case). Although it could be argued that this may not be necessary depending on the time that has elapsed between the letter and the interview. 

Were you actually able to obtain a letter from the bank? Seems like the majority of people have issues with this and just include monthly statements from their bank. I would only concentrate heavily on banking items if you are relying on assets and not earned income to meet the requirements. But don't leave them out if you have them. 

He's in the military so everything's pretty straight forward. He hasn't asked the bank anything yet, so we'll see what they tell him. Thanks for the reply :) 

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

Our case changed, to "Ready" status. Medicals next weeks and interview in 2 weeks after, so we can finally get this over with. :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello everyone, just an update to my timeline.  Today I received an email from AskNVC that they have assigned a case number.  I was going to call NVC after work but the email came while I was working.  On 07/18 I sent an email to AskNVC to include my fiances' email and they have also included this request in the email that they sent with the case number.  I hope this info helps.

N0A2 - 07/11

NVC - 07/25

14 days from NOA2 to case number.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Actually nevermind, apparently i can check the visa status

i kept selecting non immigrant visa instead of immigrant visa (though im pretty positive that k1 visa is a NIV 🤔)

Its still at the nvc, its been 2 weeks after noa2

Edited by Bunbunbunny
new situation

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.