Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Sav&Har said:

Yep. Same here "In Transit". I also received the NVC Letter which was the only thing left to get ready for the Medical exam.

How soon did you get the letter from the NVC? When did your case arrive  at the NVC? And when did you get your case number? 

Edited by TogoAfrica

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fils 

Timeline

I would like to know how fast everyone is getting their hard copy letter from the NVC after they see their case is in transit? Not the hard copy letter from the uscis, 797 notice of action, but the hard copy from the NVC with your new case number on it. Thanks! I’m doubting it will come in time for me before I fly to Togo, since we don’t have our case number yet. (8days waiting at the NVC) still time! Not worried. But I am curious if he hard copy will come before August 7. I’m doubting it. It seems we need this hard copy for the medical and the interview? But also seems like we can print what is emailed to us also. So I’m hoping this is true! I’m flying to Togo August 7 and waiting the rest of the time with him until we get the visa and he flying back to America with me 😁

Edited by TogoAfrica

1 hour ago, TogoAfrica said:

1. How soon did you get the letter from the NVC?
2. When did your case arrive 
 at the NVC?

3. And when did you get your case number? 

1. By letter, I mean their email. Probably the physical one is on the way. This was received just today when our case changed from "At NVC" to "In Transit". It might not have much value for some embassies/countries. However, in our embassy and some others. You need to show this letter to get started with the medical exam. 

2. We waited almost 3 weeks since NOA2 (Jun 29, 2018) to call for a case #. We called on Jun 18. And they said the package was already there. I assume maybe on Jun 17 or something around it.

3. Jun 18, 2018.

Edit: I also assume that is what the physical copy looks like too.

The Email I am referring to looks like this. You should receive it when your case changes to In Transit.

NVC.JPG

Edited by Sav&Har

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
4 hours ago, jakejon said:

Hey guys! 

In transit too. London here we come 😍

Everybody check!!! No email just update when I logged on. 

N0A2 07/02

NVC 07/18

Left NVC today 07/24

So 6 days at NVC

Jon 🍀

Ours is in transit too 😍😍😍

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Little_Vixen said:

Ours is in transit too 😍😍😍

Oh how awesome!! The Netherlands is getting hit with a bang!! Omg, you might just very well deservedly have your dream date wedding!! Because of work I’m hoping to book 3rd week of Sept and a POE soon after ❤️

Hi everyone! few questions for ds160

1) Passport details: Passport doc type? Should I choose REGULAR?

2) For the Work background. Do we really need to put the amount of monthly income?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sav&Har said:

1. By letter, I mean their email. Probably the physical one is on the way. This was received just today when our case changed from "At NVC" to "In Transit". It might not have much value for some embassies/countries. However, in our embassy and some others. You need to show this letter to get started with the medical exam. 

2. We waited almost 3 weeks since NOA2 (Jun 29, 2018) to call for a case #. We called on Jun 18. And they said the package was already there. I assume maybe on Jun 17 or something around it.

3. Jun 18, 2018.

The Email I am referring to looks like this. You should receive it when your case changes to In Transit.

NVC.JPG

I don't know if it's the norm but I received this letter 1 week (5 business days) after I got the case number. The letter came by email for me. 

Edited by conarroest

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 hours ago, Jlomartin said:

how many business days did some of you wait until you got your new case number?

I waited 2 weeks after NOA2 for the NVC to be received but only 24 hours later to receive the case number. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Sav&Har said:

3. Jun 18, 2018.

NVC.JPG

Thank you! This is helpful! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

For those who may be interested....

I called NVC tonight and was congratulated by the operator that my case was received by the NVC today, exactly 14 days after I received  confirmation of approval for the I-129F (NOA2).   But they have not yet  assigned us a case number.  

Now more waiting  :whistle: as I have completed just about everything that is possible at this point.   

Tasks remaining:

1) Beneficiary submits DS-160 visa application (waiting for NVC case number just because...)

2) Confirm case has been received by Embassy from the NVC

3) Pay Visa Fee

4) Submit completed Packet 3 to Embassy (Packet 3 complete pending DS-160 Confirmation Barcode and Visa Fee receipt)

5) Schedule and Attend Medical

6) Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline
11 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Are you going to have your K-1 adjudicated in the Philippines? If so, you should change your profile to reflect the correct country otherwise you could very well get the wrong information. Just saying.

No..i will have my interview in Bahrain its in the middle east... i am staying here for work..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline

I completed my DS160 and trying to schedule for an interview but it shows like this on the system

...i did some researched and they said i should tick the immigrant visa..but its only showing non immigrant visa option...and its stated on the system that if only one option is displayed below, it is the only option permitted at this time... 

what does it mean?! Im confuse right now...

or do i have to wait embassy ready before i can book for interview appointment?

Thank you 

03F2A5F5-00C1-43DE-9F19-259008E2E924.jpeg

Timeline
8 hours ago, jakejon said:

Oh how awesome!! The Netherlands is getting hit with a bang!! Omg, you might just very well deservedly have your dream date wedding!! Because of work I’m hoping to book 3rd week of Sept and a POE soon after ❤️

You should definitely be able to get that date, no problems!

Things are looking great right now. The only thing I'm worried about is when to schedule the interview. My medical is on dec 2 and they say you need 10 days between medical and interview. After the interview the embassy takes about  to 10 days to send you the visa back. If I keep that timeframe I'm not going to make it. So am I going to gamble and get my interview sooner?

7 hours ago, conarroest said:

I don't know if it's the norm but I received this letter 1 week (5 business days) after I got the case number. The letter came by email for me. 

It is the norm. Once NVC is done with your case they send it on to the embassy and send the petitioner this email. Only the data at the bottom changes.

57 minutes ago, Phillip & Jingkie said:

I completed my DS160 and trying to schedule for an interview but it shows like this on the system

...i did some researched and they said i should tick the immigrant visa..but its only showing non immigrant visa option...and its stated on the system that if only one option is displayed below, it is the only option permitted at this time... 

what does it mean?! Im confuse right now...

or do i have to wait embassy ready before i can book for interview appointment?

Thank you 

03F2A5F5-00C1-43DE-9F19-259008E2E924.jpeg

I'm pretty sure you need to wait till the system says ready, but keep trying. It could be that there's no interview dates available right now.

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

08.02.2018 medical

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

01.28.2019 AOS approved

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Little_Vixen said:

You should definitely be able to get that date, no problems!

Things are looking great right now. The only thing I'm worried about is when to schedule the interview. My medical is on dec 2 and they say you need 10 days between medical and interview. After the interview the embassy takes about  to 10 days to send you the visa back. If I keep that timeframe I'm not going to make it. So am I going to gamble and get my interview sooner?

See this is the exact conversation I had with Jake last night. Crazily i was thinking ok, so ‘what if’ I tried to see if there was a cancellation for the medical before he comes mid-August and in an ideal sense see if there’s an interview date for week he is here to avoid the cost of him flying back over again. Then I went against that, I know I’m keen (like us all) to be with our loved ones as soon as we can because of how long we have waited. I don’t want to put too much pressure on top of my own work. I’d rather take it easy step by step. 

Just a quick q-so obviously our petition is in transit. I’m pretty sure it’s a standard response but thought I’d ask. Does NVC schedule initial interview? I’d like to select my own as I’d prefer September sometime 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, jakejon said:

See this is the exact conversation I had with Jake last night. Crazily i was thinking ok, so ‘what if’ I tried to see if there was a cancellation for the medical before he comes mid-August and in an ideal sense see if there’s an interview date for week he is here to avoid the cost of him flying back over again. Then I went against that, I know I’m keen (like us all) to be with our loved ones as soon as we can because of how long we have waited. I don’t want to put too much pressure on top of my own work. I’d rather take it easy step by step. 

That's exactly what I was thinking!

I cant move up my medical much as its already next week. But maybe I can call them to see how long they take to transfer their data to the embassy.

5 minutes ago, jakejon said:

Just a quick q-so obviously our petition is in transit. I’m pretty sure it’s a standard response but thought I’d ask. Does NVC schedule initial interview? I’d like to select my own as I’d prefer September sometime

I don't know love. Your embassy works different from ours. The Amsterdam embassy sends me P3 which has a request for interview slip that I need to send back. Then they will open up the electronic system and I can schedule my interview.

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

08.02.2018 medical

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

01.28.2019 AOS approved

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.