July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Bunbunbunny said:

So yesterday my girlfriend called the nvc, she has received two numbers

AMS2018701001

None of which i can check the visa case status with on the ceac site

The lady on the phone supposedly told my girlfriend she cant do anything with a case number and gave her the numbers above

Did we get the wrong numbers or is there something else going on? 

Nope, those are the right numbers. You need the AMS number to check on the CEAC site. https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Dont forget to put in an immigrant visa, not non imigrant (I know, confusing)

The other number is the invoice number, we K1 applicants/beneficiaries dont need that.

With the AMS number you can go ahead and schedule the medical (I did). You can't schedule your interview until the case reaches the consulate. Theyll send you P3; then you have to send the form to request an appointment back together with the confirmation page of the DS160 and a copy of your passport. After that you will get an email from them which gives you access to the digital appointment system where you can schedule (and pay) your appointment

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Little_Vixen said:

Nope, those are the right numbers. You need the AMS number to check on the CEAC site. https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Dont forget to put in an immigrant visa, not non imigrant (I know, confusing)

The other number is the invoice number, we K1 applicants/beneficiaries dont need that.

With the AMS number you can go ahead and schedule the medical (I did). You can't schedule your interview until the case reaches the consulate. Theyll send you P3; then you have to send the form to request an appointment back together with the confirmation page of the DS160 and a copy of your passport. After that you will get an email from them which gives you access to the digital appointment system where you can schedule (and pay) your appointment

I saw something about an x-ray scan and a medical at

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Netherlands&cty=Amsterdam#

Do you happen to know if those two will happen at the same day or is the x-ray not even required? The medical and x-ray thing are both at two different addresses so that's why i wonder

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Bunbunbunny said:

I saw something about an x-ray scan and a medical at

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Netherlands&cty=Amsterdam#

Do you happen to know if those two will happen at the same day or is the x-ray not even required? The medical and x-ray thing are both at two different addresses so that's why i wonder

Yes they have to happen at the same time. You schedule the medical with dr Schulte and they will schedule you for the X-ray. Youre supposed to go to the medical first and then go straight to the X-ray clinic.

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

08.02.2018 medical

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

01.28.2019 AOS approved

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

2 hours ago, Bunbunbunny said:

Actually nevermind, apparently i can check the visa status

i kept selecting non immigrant visa instead of immigrant visa (though im pretty positive that k1 visa is a NIV 🤔)

Its still at the nvc, its been 2 weeks after noa2

The K-1 process is quite strange. For a time, it is both a non immigrant and immigrant visa type. That is why the links send you the process for immigrant which would be the I-864 even though it truly is a non immigrant visa requiring I-134. As you go through the stages, within the NVC system you look up your file under immigrant. It stays that way until after approval and ready for issue. At that point, it changes over to non -immigrant. It truly is a non immigrant visa with immigrant intent

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Hi all. So yesterday we finally got our case # from the NVC, and I wanted to ask a couple things about what comes next.

My fiance will be interviewing in Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City Consulate), and from reading this thread it seems that it's possible to get a bit of a head start there once you have the NVC number. My main question is that, even though our case is currently "At NVC" according to the case tracking website, is it still the right time to ask for the K3 packet (here: https://vn.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/ ) and start on the DS-160, or do we need to wait for the case status to be "Ready"?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
59 minutes ago, ESZiarko said:

Hi all. So yesterday we finally got our case # from the NVC, and I wanted to ask a couple things about what comes next.

My fiance will be interviewing in Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City Consulate), and from reading this thread it seems that it's possible to get a bit of a head start there once you have the NVC number. My main question is that, even though our case is currently "At NVC" according to the case tracking website, is it still the right time to ask for the K3 packet (here: https://vn.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/ ) and start on the DS-160, or do we need to wait for the case status to be "Ready"?

Good to know someone else is also interviewing at HCMC. It only took 8 days until we received our case number until the embassy received our package. I filled it out the ds160 before it was at Ready at the advice from fellow members on here but don't do it if you don't feel comfortable. We had everything ready except scheduling the interview and booking the medical. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
15 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

They use DHL or more recently they are converting to electronic submittal of case files. Someone in another thread stated that it took one day to arrive to her Embassy which means it was sent electronically.

More good news. The Embassy in Indonesia is receiving the packets from NVC electronically, and our case is now in Ready status after only 2 days. One step closer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ayeshacharles said:

Hello everyone I have a rather silly question can the beneficiary contact the NVC or must it be the petitioner. 

Thanks🌷

Sure the beneficiary can contact them too 😊

49 minutes ago, Little_Vixen said:

Ours changed this morning to 'Ready' ^_^

This is going to cause me to check every few hours since we have the same NVC left date. Another day of no motivation to work and status checking only :P

My fiance doesn't have his medical scheduled yet as he is waiting on his police record to come back. He does have everything else prepped so he can fly through everything once his police record and P3 are in his hands. We are hoping for a mid to late September POE and then an October wedding.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, rrobin0609 said:

This is going to cause me to check every few hours since we have the same NVC left date. Another day of no motivation to work and status checking only :P

My fiance doesn't have his medical scheduled yet as he is waiting on his police record to come back. He does have everything else prepped so he can fly through everything once his police record and P3 are in his hands. We are hoping for a mid to late September POE and then an October wedding.

I'm still holding out for my August 25 wedding... :hehe:

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

08.02.2018 medical

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

01.28.2019 AOS approved

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I’m the beneficiary and I attempted to call today to get my NVC number and they said it will take up to six weeks for their system to update and receive the case number. Is this response quite common/standard?  

I guess there are just just lucky ones who get them on the phone.  We will have to wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Just now, Jlomartin said:

I’m the beneficiary and I attempted to call today to get my NVC number and they said it will take up to six weeks for their system to update and receive the case number. Is this response quite common/standard?  

I guess there are just just lucky ones who get them on the phone.  We will have to wait.

That is their standard generic message. It looks like it is taking about a week to 10 days to generate the case number. My case number was available 24 hours after it was received at the NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.