Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello All,

Your assistance needed again. 

When should the visa fees be paid?

I have received my case number & invoice number from NVC. Also, I received an email from NVC yesterday, stating that my case is in transit to the US Embassy in Nigeria.

My confusion is that, I haven't paid any visa fees.

I plan on getting my police report and medical exam done this week.

Am I on the right track? Or have I missed a step?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline
4 hours ago, Little_Vixen said:

You should definitely be able to get that date, no problems!

Things are looking great right now. The only thing I'm worried about is when to schedule the interview. My medical is on dec 2 and they say you need 10 days between medical and interview. After the interview the embassy takes about  to 10 days to send you the visa back. If I keep that timeframe I'm not going to make it. So am I going to gamble and get my interview sooner?

It is the norm. Once NVC is done with your case they send it on to the embassy and send the petitioner this email. Only the data at the bottom changes.

I'm pretty sure you need to wait till the system says ready, but keep trying. It could be that there's no interview dates available right now.

What does they mean that the interview date was provided by the NVC?

Is this the same picture when you check your visa status? 

I called US embassy here in bahrain and they said to check with NVC...

787C7F10-0A9C-4458-AE21-59FE6E464474.jpeg

Edited by Phillip & Jingkie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Phillip & Jingkie said:

I don't think it means anything for us. I searched about this and people say it is just a generic statement and doesn't relate to the k Visa. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Phillip & Jingkie said:

Conarroest is right, it has nothing to do with the K1. It's apparently an 'old' text that they haven't updated yet? You have to schedule your interview yourself.

Your case is now in transit to the embassy. Once the case status changed to ready you can schedule your interview. *

* this is general information accurate for most embassies. Please check your embassies P3 and regional portal if they do things differently.

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Good news. Got the NVC e-mail yesterday that our case was on the way to Jakarta. So NVC assigned the case number on 17 July and sent it on 24 July. So only one week at NVC.

DS-160 is submitted, fee paid, documents collected, and ready for the medical exam. Unfortunately, the Embassy told us to wait for the packet to arrive before doing the medical.

Anyone have any idea how long it takes to get the Embassy from NVC? Do they use the mail or the State Department Pouch?

Like many, we are "In transit" also, so I thought I'd check with the international center for migration (a place I can do my medical here) about scheduling it before it reaches embassy, and seeing what is the waiting time to have the medical. The guy told me they can do it tomorrow if I wanted haha, so I scheduled it for next Tuesday, and they also don't send anything to the embassy, I get all of it and bring it to my interview (that means I don't have to wait for the embassy to recieve the medical results). Anyway a big relief for us! 

Also apparently they don't even need my NVC case number, just my pasport + four pictures and the immunisation records if I have them.

Edited by NIkandDonnie

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline
1 hour ago, Little_Vixen said:

Conarroest is right, it has nothing to do with the K1. It's apparently an 'old' text that they haven't updated yet? You have to schedule your interview yourself.

Your case is now in transit to the embassy. Once the case status changed to ready you can schedule your interview. *

* this is general information accurate for most embassies. Please check your embassies P3 and regional portal if they do things differently.

Thank you...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
Hi guys,
Finally NOA2.:jest: Didn’t get an email but I found on the new website. 
NOA1: 12/22 (New website 12/29)
NOA2: 07/19

Is there any way to check the NVC status? Like when it’ll be received or when it’s left the NVC?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Keyki said:
Hi guys,
Finally NOA2.:jest: Didn’t get an email but I found on the new website. 
NOA1: 12/22 (New website 12/29)
NOA2: 07/19

Is there any way to check the NVC status? Like when it’ll be received or when it’s left the NVC?

You'll want to wait a few days and then begin calling NVC for your new case number. Once you have it, you can enter it into the following link and it will tell you where it's at with the NVC:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA

Some helpful tips on calling NVC:

https://sites.google.com/view/post-noa2/home

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, JennaL said:

You'll want to wait a few days and then begin calling NVC for your new case number. Once you have it, you can enter it into the following link and it will tell you where it's at with the NVC:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA

Some helpful tips on calling NVC:

https://sites.google.com/view/post-noa2/home

Thanks for the quick reply! The website is currently experiencing a server error, but I'll try checking it again later

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Keyki said:

Thanks for the quick reply! The website is currently experiencing a server error, but I'll try checking it again later

Oh strange - it gives me the same message when I click on the above link as well.

I just tried typing in "CEAC visa status" online, and the site popped right up - give that a try and see what happens.

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
4 minutes ago, JennaL said:

Oh strange - it gives me the same message when I click on the above link as well.

I just tried typing in "CEAC visa status" online, and the site popped right up - give that a try and see what happens.

It is working for me. Try again. 

Hello PPL

After calling NVC got the case number, later in the day received a letter from NVC stating that the case was going to be forwarded to the Embassy.  Today I checked on the CEAC website and the case has status "Ready". 

It also says "Case created: 18-Jul-2018" and "Case Last Updated: 25-Jul-2018".  Does this mean that the case has been sent to the embassy or not yet?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.