Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, C&AH said:

Our NOA2 was July 10 and case sent to the Department of State on the 11th for processing. After about another week, I will call NVC to check if they have received our case. I know it can be a few weeks beyond that to receive a case number. So, the wait continues but we are remaining positive. 

So, are we able to file our paperwork when receiving the case number? Or is there a wait for that as well?

I don't have a P3 letter from DR so when you get one if you could be so kind and share it with me I then could share back to others who will come behind you. Also, check your portal page and your Embassy's webpage for information as to what is next.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Dominican%20Republic&cty=Santo%20Domingo

You may want to check out the sub forum for your country and ask your questions there. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/153-caribbean/

If this is little activity for the DR then start a thread using DR in the title and others will join and you can begin to share information on the K-1 process for DR. Haitian ppl here started one and it's proven invaluable. Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

A week ago, before calling NVC, I decided to make an online inquiery on their website, to see if the case has arrived, they emailed me a few days later saying that they still didn't have it (and yesterday they recieved it which I found out by having my fiance call)

Today I got another email from the AskNVC mail, stating:

AskNVC <asknvc@state.gov>

1:27 PM (1 hour ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: BLG2018_______ filed by _____________ on behalf of  __________.

We entered the immigrant visa petition mentioned in your letter into our computer system and assigned a case number BLG2018______. The petitioner, principal applicant, and/or attorney of record will receive instructions regarding further processing of this petition.

The correct case number is listed below.

Case Number:                  BLG2018_________

Petitioner's Name:            ______

Principal Applicant's Name:   ___________

Preference Category:          K1

Your Priority Date:           22Dec2017

Foreign State Chargeability:  REPUBLIC OF SERBIA

U.S. EMBASSY, CONSULAR SECTION

BULEVAR KNEZA ALEKSANDRA

KARADJORDJEVICA BR. 92

11040 BELGRADE, SERBIA

It was such a nice suprise getting a second email, even though in my original inquiery I only asked if the petition has reached them.

My case number was assigned the same day that they recieved my petition.

Edited by NIkandDonnie

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

For my Indonesia folks, I contacted the Consular Section of the Embassy in Jakarta, and they confirmed that "a clear scanned copy is sufficient" of the I-134 Affidavit of Support, signed, along with a copy of last year's tax returns and current pay stubs for 2018 is accepted. No need to mail an original signature copy to Indonesia.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

Noa1 old site Dec 20

Noa1 new site dec.26

Noa2 July 18th 

210 days waiting 

now onto the next waiting games 😜 and just finished reading all of this forum so I don’t ask the same questions again 😜! I imagine there won’t be much information out there on our country, Togo. I have reached out to the three before us that recently went through it. But if anyone has any other information about this country we would appreciate it. Thanks! 

this is wonderful news news to wake up too!!!

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fils 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
19 minutes ago, TogoAfrica said:

Noa1 old site Dec 20

Noa1 new site dec.26

Noa2 July 18th 

210 days waiting 

now onto the next waiting games 😜 and just finished reading all of this forum so I don’t ask the same questions again 😜! I imagine there won’t be much information out there on our country, Togo. I have reached out to the three before us that recently went through it. But if anyone has any other information about this country we would appreciate it. Thanks! 

this is wonderful news news to wake up too!!!

Congratulations!🍾 

Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Good News folks. I called NVC and got a case number today. May NOA2 date was 3 July, and according to the NVC numbering system, my case number was assigned on 17 July. This means that is was sent from USICS to NVC and already processed and assigned a case number within 14 days (2 weeks).

24 minutes ago, xJohnMx said:

Good News folks. I called NVC and got a case number today. May NOA2 date was 3 July, and according to the NVC numbering system, my case number was assigned on 17 July. This means that is was sent from USICS to NVC and already processed and assigned a case number within 14 days (2 weeks).

Nice! The date on my paper NOA2 is July 6th so I'll try calling on Friday, which will be 2 weeks (10 business days). I know I'm being optimistic but you never know! 

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I’ve got good news guys😁😁😁,my fiancé called NVC and got our case and invoice number today!!!...NOA2 was dated July 2nd....good luck to everyone and hope the rest goes smoothly. :jest::rolleyes:

Edited by sitta

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jessica Soares said:

Thank you so much to all of you who posted here. We got ou case number today from NVC!!!

I called on monday and they said it had just arrived. So I was really to wait another week to call again, but after seeing these comment here I decided to call again today: and BAM! We have a case number!!! 

WHAM BAM!!! ❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, ITMFA said:

Nice! The date on my paper NOA2 is July 6th so I'll try calling on Friday, which will be 2 weeks (10 business days). I know I'm being optimistic but you never know! 

I recieved my case number in 10 business days and that included 4th of july holiday, so it'spossible. Good luck. 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, jakejon said:

Hey guys!! 

We got our case number today. NOA2 07/02, so took approximately 16 calendar days!! Just booked the medical. For anyone in the UK, do expect the medical to be 4 weeks out. The earliest I got is mid August-perfect though as Jake is coming to London at the time for a NON VISA holiday!!! 🤣

Did you start looking up for interview dates ? I am wondering How long that one takes 🤔

Timeline
Just now, veeandzack said:

Did you start looking up for interview dates ? I am wondering How long that one takes 🤔

Oh I don’t know how to do that? Our case is still at NVC. Hoping I can get an interview for mid-end September! I’m leaving my job at end of September and going for an Oct POE! Revving for it. Don’t think the interviews would be as far out as medicals (not sure so scared to say in case I’m wrong). Are you UK too? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

4 minutes ago, veeandzack said:

How do we look up to see which interview dates are available? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.