Ahmed&Freda

NOIR - help please!

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We received our NOIR today.  Those of you who have been through this before what are your thoughts of handling this on my own?  I have all the evidence for each point and have already wrote up my rebuttal letter.  

1.  Point number one makes no sense to me.

2.  This point is wrong.  I was only married once before and that was not his response.  He was asked why he was ok with me being married before but divorced her for talking to another man.  His response was I let him know everything upfront.  His ex hid a relationship from him.

3.  We have all the evidence that the NADRA is updated and I am listed on it not his ex.

4.  This is a complete lie as we front loaded side loaded and brought bags of evidence to which they all looked through.  I will attach what I sent before in addition to new chats, pictures and visits we had.

Any other advice/thoughts appreciated.  

Thank you!

Edited by TBoneTX
attachment with full name removed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
14 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

We received our NOIR today.  Those of you who have been through this before what are your thoughts of handling this on my own?  I have all the evidence for each point and have already wrote up my rebuttal letter.  

1.  Point number one makes no sense to me.

2.  This point is wrong.  I was only married once before and that was not his response.  He was asked why he was ok with me being married before but divorced her for talking to another man.  His response was I let him know everything upfront.  His ex hid a relationship from him.

3.  We have all the evidence that the NADRA is updated and I am listed on it not his ex.

4.  This is a complete lie as we front loaded side loaded and brought bags of evidence to which they all looked through.  I will attach what I sent before in addition to new chats, pictures and visits we had.

Any other advice/thoughts appreciated.  

Thank you!

Well..

I'm a bit confused.....

Who is still married to whom?

How often have you seen one another?

Who has visited whom?

What evidence of a "Bona fide" relationship did you present?

Edited by TBoneTX
attachment with full name removed from quote

Timeline
17 minutes ago, janet3 said:

Well..

I'm a bit confused.....

Who is still married to whom?

How often have you seen one another?

Who has visited whom?

What evidence of a "Bona fide" relationship did you present?

No-one.  We are married to each other...We are both previously divorced.  We submitted all divorce documents.  They rose an issue about the NADRA which is like a SS card not being updated which is commonly forgotten.  We now have evidence that she is not listed on his CNIC and I am.

We have had 4 visits in the past 1 yr and half.

I've been to Pakistan twice and we have vacationed in Dubai (UAE) twice.

Evidence:  Trips, Photos, chat, call detail, notarized statements from family, western union receipts, ceremony pics with all his family. Sent at USCIS state, NVC state and brought to the Embassy.

New evidence will be the same plus tax returns, insurance info, documents above that were verified from the foreign office.

Edited by Ahmed&Freda

Filed: IR-2 Country: Russia
Timeline

You said: "They rose an issue about the NADRA which is like a SS card not being updated which is commonly forgotten.  We now have evidence that she is not listed on his CNIC and I am."

The Immigration Visa interview has been completed ... and at that particular time .... and the worse part of the letter ... your husband was determined to be "still married to his claimed ex-wife."  That is the #1 reason for rejection.  All the other items are not as devastating to your case as your husband considered to be still married to a previous spouse.  

You say you "now" have evidence to contradict this information.  Your options are best found with an immigration attorney.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Juniser said:

You said: "They rose an issue about the NADRA which is like a SS card not being updated which is commonly forgotten.  We now have evidence that she is not listed on his CNIC and I am."

The Immigration Visa interview has been completed ... and at that particular time .... and the worse part of the letter ... your husband was determined to be "still married to his claimed ex-wife."  That is the #1 reason for rejection.  All the other items are not as devastating to your case as your husband considered to be still married to a previous spouse.  

You say you "now" have evidence to contradict this information.  Your options are best found with an immigration attorney.

No.  That statement is incorrect.  It was not determined he was still married.  We supplied all required documents for divorce.  During the interview they brought up his CNIC still had her listed on it which is a very common thing to not update your CNIC after a marriage or after a divorce and not a requirement.  In fact she is even listed in the NADRA as divorced.  So this statement on this letter makes no sense.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Russia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

No.  That statement is incorrect.  It was not determined he was still married.  We supplied all required documents for divorce.  During the interview they brought up his CNIC still had her listed on it which is a very common thing to not update your CNIC after a marriage or after a divorce and not a requirement.  In fact she is even listed in the NADRA as divorced.  So this statement on this letter makes no sense.

Here is the statement in your NOIR:

"Consular Post confirmed through the Pakistan's National Database Registration Authority (NADRA) that the beneficiary is still married to his claimed ex-wife ..."

In plain English your NOIR is saying that it was determined that he was still married.  That is the decision made by that Consular Officer.

You have to accept what has been decided by the Consular Officer and seek professional advice on how to proceed.  I am just trying help you understand the #1 problem in the NOIR.

Edited by Juniser

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think you're approaching it in the right way, you seem to understand each issue and have lots of evidence to contradict each one of their claims. You should write a cover letter that does the same and list it as "Here is the issue you presented and here is our rebuttal"

Some of those statements on the record are damning - ie "he would never accept a match of this kind in his own culture" so you need to specifically say what he meant by that or how he said what he said. 

I think a lawyer that you could pay $500 or so to review your response and evidence submitted would be worth it given the importance of the situation. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Juniser said:

Here is the statement in your NOIR:

"Consular Post confirmed through the Pakistan's National Database Registration Authority (NADRA) that the beneficiary is still married to his claimed ex-wife ..."

In plain English your NOIR is saying that it was determined that he was still married.  That is the decision made by that Consular Officer.

You have to accept what has been decided by the Consular Officer and seek professional advice on how to proceed.  I am just trying help you understand the #1 problem in the NOIR.

Thank you.  I'm full aware of what it says and what it means.  My question was could I fight this alone or need an attorney which you answered your opinion already.   The fact is they did not confirm anything as CNIC is not a requirement and we supplied both forms of divorce (religious and court papers registered with the Union council as required)  and attested.   

1 minute ago, Teemo said:

I think you're approaching it in the right way, you seem to understand each issue and have lots of evidence to contradict each one of their claims. You should write a cover letter that does the same and list it as "Here is the issue you presented and here is our rebuttal"

Some of those statements on the record are damning - ie "he would never accept a match of this kind in his own culture" so you need to specifically say what he meant by that or how he said what he said. 

I think a lawyer that you could pay $500 or so to review your response and evidence submitted would be worth it given the importance of the situation. 

Thank you!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Thank you.  I'm full aware of what it says and what it means.  My question was could I fight this alone or need an attorney which you answered your opinion already.   The fact is they did not confirm anything as CNIC is not a requirement and we supplied both forms of divorce (religious and court papers registered with the Union council as required)  and attested.   

Thank you!!

The questions are straight forward.. just send In your rebuttal

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Abies said:

The questions are straight forward.. just send In your rebuttal

An immigration attorney is important here for options on how to proceed and respond.

You have 30 days for a rebuttal.  Do not waste the opportunity to exercise all the brain power you can muster to send your message

Edited by Juniper

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The attachment had to be removed from the original post and a quote of it -- the full name was visible.

(OP, you may repost the attachment when all personal information has been masked.)

In addition, a noncontributory post has been removed.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Unfortunately with countries where some applicants  have committed fraudulent behavior many of us genuine applicants end up paying the price . I speak as someone who had no red flags but we were delayed by our lawyers incompetence w paperwork  (and just poor luck)

The  basic fact is for some reason there appears to be a suspicion as to whether there is a genuine relationship , or someone taking advantage of another. The paperwork snafu is common enough in developing countries , but has been flagged  as possible evidence of fraud.  The NADRA stuff has got to be sorted out and probably has been. I think the real challenge is providing a lot of evidence of a real relationship.  Being able to speak each others ( or at least a common) language should help.

IM not a big fan of lawyers but I think in this case they should be able to help you not make paperwork errors ( as has happened) and maybe guide you on evidence you may need to prove the truth

Good luck!

Edited by IF&SA
spelling, grammar

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

It sounds like you have the evidence you need.  Present it professionally.  Your "argument" to go with the evidence, needs to be professional, not accusatory or "argumentative".  Keep it explanatory.  Know that you have a good chance of USCIS reaffirming the petition approval but that is not an approved visa by any means.  A Senior Consular Officer and perhaps Senior Counsel at the Consulate will be making the final decision.  They tend to lean towards supporting their colleague's previous decision but they do need actual reasons to do so.  If you've provided evidence to indicate each and every reason they gave for denying the visa, they will need something MORE to deny the visa.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Is it possible for you to reupload the attachment with senstive information covered up? I'm just curious as to what it states and what the law says in Pakistan, since someone's comment states that someone is still considered married to their prior spouse.

Thank you in advance.

I-130 CR1 Timeline  Visa has been issued!!!!!! = ^.^= YAY!

Spoiler

Service Center - Texas

Sent Jan 2nd 2018  PD: Jan 3rd 2018

E-notification: Jan 8th 2018 NOA1 Hard copy: Jan 12th 2018

NOA2: June 28th 2018, new website. Old website: July 17th sent to DOS (finally appeared July 29th, after 206 days after petition sent and stating not found) Emails & texts: nothing. Hard Copy states NoA2 is June 27, 2018.

NOA2: Hard copy: July 2nd 2018

Sent to DOS: New Website: July 18th 2018. Old website July 17th (Case number was finally found after 206 days of submitting petition, appeared on July 29th.)

Received NVC: July 24th 2018, per calling NVC option 5. 

New Case number #: Via email August 21st 2018. While on the phone with the hubby. Case is PIVOT. 

Fees paid August 21st 2018. Marked as paid on August 23rd 2018.

DS-260 filled and submitted:  August 27th 2018

AOS documents filled and submitted: August 29th, 2018

IV Documents: Submitted August 31st, 2018

Case Complete: September 11th 2018 via website 
Received Interview data: From embassy Oct 13, from NVC: Oct 15th.
Interview: originally Nov 27th, rescheduled to Nov 29th.

AP

Spoiler

Nov 26th 2018 AP.
Interviewed on Nov 29th, was told everything is good, asked for CV / resume, kept passport.

Nov 29th Email submitted.

Nov 30th They sent us an email for a physical copy.

Dec 3rd Submitted. Dec 4th They received.

Dec 7th, 14th,18th, 19th, 20th case was touched.

Dec 21st ready for Pick up. Dec 23rd pick up passport with no visa.  Was told due to holidays they resent passport incase Husband needed it, and to return it back on Jan 9th.

Jan 15th, sent off passport back to Embassy, Jan 16th case updated and received passport. 
Jan 24th case touched. Feb 1st sent email asking if they needed anything from us, replied Feb 5th stating still going thru AP, no change on website. Feb 13th, case was touched. March 5th sent email (not by travel docs) asking what we are waiting on, received auto email, unsure if case touched was touch per auto email.
March 5th, 7th case was touched. Also UStraveldocs passport states "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted"

March 15 Sent message via ustraveldocs about what's going on etc etc.
March 19: reply from Embassy Stating we have been approved and should get visa in 1-2 business days! 

March 20th: Issued!!!!! ViH: March 21st.
POE: Aiming for April 26th. 

Our Visits

Spoiler

Him: J1 Visa (no 2 home requirement) May 2015-Nov 2016 Officially met: Late July 2015 Started relationship mid-Aug 2015

Business trip B1 (Him): May 2017 - Nov 2017

2nd Business trip (Him): Feb 2018 - May 31st 2018

2nd visit hopefully when he moves to the USA.

ROC (LA, CA Area): sent  April: 12th 2021, Case transferred June 17th. Bios Jan 4th 2022. Ready for schedule interview Jan 5th 2022. Interview scheduled on Jan 11th 2022 for Feb 18th 2022. Approved at interview. Green card sent Feb 23rd 2022. Green Card in hand Feb 28th 2022. 
Next N-400: Submitted May 27th 2023, bios being reused. 

IR-2 (Step daughter, Ukraine): Sent June 7th, 2021 via online. Case was actively being looked at since Nov 2nd 2021. Approval Feb 16. Case sent to NVC Feb 19th 2022. Interview Dec 17, VIH 18th, POE Dec 26th 2022.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.