Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

9 minutes ago, Rocko20 said:

I'm the American petitioner. I've visited the portal, set up the timeline, checked all processing times for CSV on VJ, checked the status updated through the immigration website,  gathered a checklist, checked the adjustment of status requirements, Advanced parole, employment authorization, researched CR1 visa , researched marriage licenses for the state of hawaii, checked which question might be asked during the interviews,  etc.

Not much else I can do at this point but wait.

That's a good start. What you've learned will be put to use soon.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Im not pleased. I contacted my congressman three days ago and no reply. I'm emailing my senator now and tomorrow im calling uscis to speak to a tier 2 officer. Im happy to see other people getting their petition, but im in complete anguish not knowing what the h*** is going on with mine. Maybe i'll get somewhere with the senator.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Meggan P said:

Im not pleased. I contacted my congressman three days ago and no reply. I'm emailing my senator now and tomorrow im calling uscis to speak to a tier 2 officer. Im happy to see other people getting their petition, but im in complete anguish not knowing what the h*** is going on with mine. Maybe i'll get somewhere with the senator.

You're frustrated? 

My NOA 1 was Nov. 8th so there's still plenty of us out there who submitted earlier than yourself that are in the same boat. 

I'm am outside of normal processing time according to the USCIS website guidelines and yet it still won't even allow me to file an inquiry. I tried calling and got the runaround. Wrote to my Congressman today hoping that might help. 

But in all honesty, I don't really think any of that will really make a difference as the order in which others are getting approved is completely random. 

So it's probably best to just to sit back and wait rather than push the issue too hard. It'll only make it the disappointment worse as the days of no updates tick by. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Alekezam said:

You're frustrated? 

My NOA 1 was Nov. 8th so there's still plenty of us out there who submitted earlier than yourself that are in the same boat. 

I'm am outside of normal processing time according to the USCIS website guidelines and yet it still won't even allow me to file an inquiry. I tried calling and got the runaround. Wrote to my Congressman today hoping that might help. 

But in all honesty, I don't really think any of that will really make a difference as the order in which others are getting approved is completely random. 

So it's probably best to just to sit back and wait rather than push the issue too hard. It'll only make it the disappointment worse as the days of no updates tick by. 

Yeah and everyone has a right to be frustrated and its completely understandable. Including those who filed before me. Don't mistake my frustration. I am not special or better than anyone here. If you go back and read my post you will understand that the most frustration comes from the fact my congressman's office has not emailed me back regarding this issue. There is such a thing as 48 hour professional courtesy. I served in the US military even an admiral will return an email. I have also found that this congressman did not have a form for privacy act release upon further investigation. When I went to my senator's website he does have the privacy release and directly speaks about USCIS so it is better that I contact the senator for my state. Im not pushing the issue too hard. Lots of people here have responded in the exact same manner I am. I am already disappointed the only way i could be anymore than I currently am is if our petition is denied.....members should be free to feel frustrated and speak their mind on this forum.  

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Alekezam said:

You're frustrated? 

I read a comment on here that someone said the online inquiry system was turned off recently... might be better to try calling or emailing.

Not sure how true it is, but if it wouldn't let you submit that could be one reason.

They are pretty active on twitter too, I considering tweeting at them :) lol

Edited by x_driven_x

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

4 minutes ago, Meggan P said:

Yeah and everyone has a right to be frustrated and its completely understandable. Including those who filed before me. Don't mistake my frustration. I am not special or better than anyone here. If you go back and read my post you will understand that the most frustration comes from the fact my congressman's office has not emailed me back regarding this issue. There is such a thing as 48 hour professional courtesy. I served in the US military even an admiral will return an email. I have also found that this congressman did not have a form for privacy act release upon further investigation. When I went to my senator's website he does have the privacy release and directly speaks about USCIS so it is better that I contact the senator for my state. Im not pushing the issue too hard. Lots of people here have responded in the exact same manner I am. I am already disappointed the only way i could be anymore than I currently am is if our petition is denied.....members should be free to feel frustrated and speak their mind on this forum.  

Maybe contact the other one then. There are usually two congressman/congresswomen in one area. One senior and one junior.  You can also try to call them if writing an email is not helpful.

I751:

Mailed: 3th May 2021

Delivered: 5th May 2021

Rejected due to missing signature: 26th May 2021

Resend: 26th May 2021

Delivered: 28th May 2021

Timeline
4 minutes ago, CCCCCF said:

Maybe contact the other one then. There are usually two congressman/congresswomen in one area. One senior and one junior.  You can also try to call them if writing an email is not helpful.

2 Senators. 1 Representative

You will have 1 representative (congressman) that represents your district where you live, and then 2 senators that represent your entire state and you can use either one of them.

Edited by x_driven_x

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
38 minutes ago, x_driven_x said:

November Full Scan 6/7  8:15pm CST

Not a great day today. 39 Updates and NO Approvals

I am wondering if after the weekend's maintenance they are starting to use the new system more, or if the system got screwed up.. Hard to say.

All we can do is be patient. Hang in there guys! At some point, we will find some relief.

Tomorrow has to be a better day! 

Virgins Remaining: 1889, or 1303 if 30% are silent

I was wondering that too. It's strange that it's been two days of no approvals... Anybody here have any idea on what could be happening over at USCIS? Major holiday? Everybody called in sick? Rapture? LOL. 

5 hours ago, Emily & Elton said:

Thank you for the insight, I am very glad to hear they are joining the electronic world! :dancing: I wanted to clarify, though.  I am not at all attacking individuals, or even departments of petition adjudicators, or even USCIS. I currently work in a confidential records department that is understaffed by 50%. I understand burn-out, deadlines, and absolutely impossible amounts of work and the pressure to get it done within time constraints. I've also seen first-hand refugees of war waiting over two years to hear back about their own visa petitions. 

I was referring to the lack of support our government lends as a whole to this process. It is such a hot button topic in this political climate, and it deserves more resources and staff than it currently has. Regardless of party affiliation, we should ALL want this process to work better and more efficiently for everyone who is impacted.

...also, you will never hear me respond with 'it is what it is' in regards to our government... 'it is' what we make it. We should never forget that. ;) 

I'm stepping off my soapbox now...

Thank you for your reply. I understand totally your position. I too wish it would get better. It's about where it was 5 years ago when we were processing for a K-1 visa but believe me it doesn't get any better after the K-1. It's the same for the AOS and the ROC. We waited 14 months to get an approval on ROC, which was through the Vermont location, but those in California were getting approval within 6 months of filing. :girlwerewolf2xn:

When I used the statement "it is what it is" was a statement of the condition now not an overall statement that it is acceptable. Anyone now processing that thinks it's going to change in time to get their case "rushed" through is a dreaming. That is what I was leading to.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, JTC11117 said:

I was wondering that too. It's strange that it's been two days of no approvals... Anybody here have any idea on what could be happening over at USCIS? Major holiday? Everybody called in sick? Rapture? LOL. 

Maybe they had a lot of inquiries coming from the filers and they get tried and mad. Lol punishing us to wait more. I hope not though. 

We are still waiting for our approval :( 205 days now. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/7/2018 at 4:20 AM, LenaT said:

I hope it'll really help once I'm in the US, but I still don't know what job I can apply for..  You're travelling quite a lot! Do you speak Russian? 

It's so kind and thoughtful of you to support your fiancée! She is a lucky girl :) 

Thank you! I will keep you posted.

The job market in the US is huge, the bigger the city the more opportunities..  As for speaking the language, I probably have 100 or more Russian words in my vocabulary, not much, I like to think I'm better reading Cyrillic than speaking, which really helped when using the Metro. :)  You are currently waiting for the NVC to process your petition? I'm curious to know how long yours takes. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.