TBoneTX

November 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,327 posts in this topic

Timeline
45 minutes ago, x_driven_x said:

The positive side is RFEs usually turn into approvals as long as you can answer their question. Stay positive! 

Sometimes it's as simple as resubmitting something you already did. Feel free to post up what it is if you want advice, once you know! Good luck to you! 

Am i able to call USCIS and see what it’s for or do i have to wait for it to come in the mail?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, Rackle10187 said:

Am i able to call USCIS and see what it’s for or do i have to wait for it to come in the mail?

I am not certain, but pretty sure you have to wait for the mail. Should only take a few days. I know it's nerve-racking.

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, x_driven_x said:

IT HAPPENED!!!! 205 days

Checked the new website... Approved!!!

No email. No text. No update on "old" website.

I contacted my senator... a few days ago, maybe it helped!!!

image.png.1306cb81aa01e3296ea9a52547bd6f60.png

Yeeeehaaaa. Congratulations. I'm so happy for you!

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Mike & Tanja said:

To all, who got an approval without an email notification. Did you check your spam mail? Our notification was in my spam folder

I did, nothing.

K1 / K2 Visa

On 6/7/2018 at 7:04 AM, Emm2018 said:

Our mailed evidence in response to our RFE got to USCIS on June 4. Do you guys know how many days does it take for our case status to change to “response to RFE has been received”?

Hi Emm. My RFE response received was a day after they received it in the PO Box Laguna Niguel CA. I did express and signature which arrived on time and updated the case the next day at around 10pm PST. 

Email, text and app alerted of the update. 

Anybody know how long it takes before there is movement after RFE is received? 

Stay strong everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
6 hours ago, nykolos said:

The job market in the US is huge, the bigger the city the more opportunities..  As for speaking the language, I probably have 100 or more Russian words in my vocabulary, not much, I like to think I'm better reading Cyrillic than speaking, which really helped when using the Metro. :)  You are currently waiting for the NVC to process your petition? I'm curious to know how long yours takes. 

We actually just got I-797 (NOA2) and the date there is June 1st, so we already have less days waiting, which is great.  But the fact that it took a week for the letter to travel to Ohio is rather disappointing. We are still doing the same thing we have been doing for 7 month..patiently waiting. We decided that we'll start calling NVC on the 18th, after more than 2 weeks. The date of the wedding is approaching freakishly fast, so I am really hoping to get everything done as soon as possible. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, Yogui90 said:

Hi guys! I have been following silently and today I finally received great news. Yesterday we got approved so I decided to post our dates!!!

NOA1: Nov 14th (new website) Nov 16th (old website)

NOA2: June 7th (old website)

We are Nov. 16 filers (old website). Let's hope it's a trend! And congratulations to you!

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Carlo G said:

Anybody know how long it takes before there is movement after RFE is received? 

It depends on the RFE type, can be anywhere from a couple of days to a few weeks... hard to say

What was the RFE for? 

K1 / K2 Visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hello guys! Happy for all who finally got approved. 

We received a RFE today. No letter with what is missing yet. NOA 1 date NOV 14.

All of you who had a RFE or received one these days.... can you PLEASE HELP me with any information.

1. How this is going to be processed?

2. How much time does it usually take?

If you share your own experience , it will be really helpful. I will do the same.

Thank you all!

Timeline
3 hours ago, x_driven_x said:

IT HAPPENED!!!! 205 days

Checked the new website... Approved!!!

No email. No text. No update on "old" website.

I contacted my senator... a few days ago, maybe it helped!!!

image.png.1306cb81aa01e3296ea9a52547bd6f60.png

Congratulations!!! :))

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
29 minutes ago, LenaT said:

We actually just got I-797 (NOA2) and the date there is June 1st, so we already have less days waiting, which is great.  But the fact that it took a week for the letter to travel to Ohio is rather disappointing. We are still doing the same thing we have been doing for 7 month..patiently waiting. We decided that we'll start calling NVC on the 18th, after more than 2 weeks. The date of the wedding is approaching freakishly fast, so I am really hoping to get everything done as soon as possible. 

Mike just called NVC (a week after the approval). I asked him to do it. The guy at the phone said, he should call again in SIX!!!!! weeks 🤤

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mike & Tanja said:

Mike just called NVC (a week after the approval). I asked him to do it. The guy at the phone said, he should call again in SIX!!!!! weeks 🤤

Maybe they are annoyed with all the people calling them these days, so they tell them to wait. On the paper it actually says that we can only contact them after 30 days..

Really happy to see some movement and REALLY happy to see Nov 2nd get an approval!! :jest:  That's our date too.

218 days waiting today... SO ready to hear something.  

Congrats to everyone approved! Praying for a smooth process for us all. 

Jela (USC, Missouri) & Ben (East Indian in Dubai)  :wub:

Adjusting Status from Conditional Green Card after K1 Visa:
4-20-21 Sent 751 packet (via USPS overnight)

4-21-21 Received by USCIS (Signed by T. Wright)

5-7-21   Receipt date on our 797 (extending GC for 18 months) {we included G-1145, got a text, but no email - for those curious.}

5-8-21   Received Text message from USCIS with receipt number, Assigning service center SRC. (@12:35pm) 

5-10-21  Check cashed/cleared our bank

5-13-21  Hard copy of 797 Received in postal mail

5-17-21 Received email notice update from USCIS account that on 17th they used his previous biometrics for 751.

5-21-21 Biometrics letter received in postal mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, x_driven_x said:

I am not certain, but pretty sure you have to wait for the mail. Should only take a few days. I know it's nerve-racking.

I got an RFE last Friday 6-1-18. started looking in my mail box for couple days nothing! I mean nothing not even my regular junk mail. I haven't gone 2 day without junk mail in 20 years so I don't check mail regularly. I had returned April 17 from a month in the Philippines (my 3rd trip in a year), I always forward to my daughter, didn't get mail for a couple of days, called USPS, they said I forwarded my mail thru Oct 17 NOT NOT, so said they fixed it. Didn't check my mail for 10 or so days and I got an RFE 6-1. Well, (that was Friday) Monday came thought I'd just check the mail make sure - EMPTY- (like I said had not checked for about 10 days) called the USPS Monday 6-4 they say no you forwarded your mail thru Oct 17 NOT NOT - I say please cancel the forwarding!!! Again! My daughter didn't get it, I didn't get it! 6- 6 mail box still empty - Oh No, so I called they said you are forwarded to Oct 17 REALLY NOT NOT(I'm about to call 911 for my 2nd heart attack) and they say we will change that for you but it takes about 6 days to go into effect. But, But, But!!! (Argue with USPS - I didn't think it a good idea) - I did check in 6/7 & my change is in process, so another 6 days of I'm not sure what but I know some anxiety and sleeplessness will be in the mix:whistle:  So I called USCIS today after talking to a Tier 1 and finally a Tier 2 after 20 or 25 minutes and some(minimal nice "discussion") conversation, I agreed(can't argue with USCIS either) that they will only send out (no emails, no texts just snail mail) 1 (yes one) RFE letter until July 1 under any condition. And Period.:unsure::jest: (I'm sorry I've got to ask - We pay $525 to file this petition and they can't send a 2nd letter, Okay can't argue just a question but I would have gladly paid for overnight FedEx). Anyway, as I have been dealt a tad of extra time, I'm a bit bored so thought I'd put my problems out there as I wait until 1 of the 2 Government Agencies we are dealing with is able to assist me with proceeding on with my Life:wub:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.