nadler Howard

Letter From Relative from US spouse

45 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You will have to have SOLID evidence of a MARRIAGE. chat logs and a couple of letters rom family members won't cut it, not for that country and consulate. and especially having only met once.

Deeds, titles, insurance policies, finances, credit accounts (actively used by both), bank accounts, wills, power of attorneys, the things that are typical in marriages that both parties SHARE (legally/financially) on a daily basis.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 hours ago, nadler Howard said:

Thanks allot. I have at the stage of USCIS gotten 2 affidavit of bona fide marriage including other documents before the petition was approved.  I have call logs, whats-app logs, wedding pictures and 10 receipt of which i send money to her with..  I hope those will do. Her last name  has changed to my name and her tax refund also show my name as married filling alone. All I need now is two affidavit of support from her friends. I hope all evidence I mentioned above can prove my case? 

If you two haven't even seen each other in 2 years, how can anyone else possibly attest in an affadavit that it's a bonafide marriage? That doesn't make any sense....

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
11 hours ago, nadler Howard said:

I have documents like, chat log, phone logs, receipt i sent her money with, pictures of our marriage, marriage cert and every other civil documents. But we met only ones because she is always afraid to fly. I was able to persuade her to fly again and she has agreed. We met only ones that was when we got married over 2 years ago. My case is already completed at the VNC and presently waiting for interview date.

This is going to be a hard one, reason being is the time gap between you two actually seeing each other, I would bring all the evidence you have for example if you can go back at least a year in phone calls or chats that would be great, if you can somehow go back as far as 2 years that would be amazing, warm hear felt messages would work as well, you have to prove that this relation is real if the reason why you haven't visited is due to funds I would include that reason and have proof to support it, provide enough evidence to where you leave no room for questions or doubts, I wish you the best of luck ad hopefully you and your wife can be reunited soon, Its been a couple months since I seen my fiancé and im already going crazy so I can't imagine how you feel. 

NEW Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

OLD  Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

USCIS - 800-375-5283.  NVC - (603)-334-0700

Contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283.

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY - https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

They are trying to prove a legimate marriage. Having met once, and then just to get married 2 years ago, doesn’t sound very legit or convincing to me.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's likely too late now but she should be able to get life Insurance in the USA relatively cheaply and then add you as beneficiary.

You said you sent her money a number of times.  That's interesting and something that if it comes up in the interview may be a detractor for you.  Her being the USC petitioning you from Ghana the assumption would be that she would be financially supporting you not the other way around.  From the COs perspective you sending her money could appear to be 'payment' for processing a greencard.  I'm not saying that is what you are doing but certainly the perception will be there.   The fact that it's been 2 years since you got married and you haven't seen each other in that time will make that perception much worse because if granted you would not get a conditional greencard on entry to the USA.  So... Added to the fact that you are in the possibly hardest embassy in the world you have to present some pretty solid evidence that you don't seem to have.  I would suggest the following:

She has not visited you in the two years because she's afraid of flying...  Suggest that she get a Dr. Note that confirms a diagnosis of fear of flying as well as documentation of seeking treatment to overcome a presumption that she didn't want to fly to see her husband in Ghana.  

Suggest that your chat logs include sections that discuss why you will be sending her money and that you bring proof of funds with you. 

Suggest that she obtain life insurance and list you as beneficiary

Suggest that she have a will and last testament drawn up naming you

Suggest that you be VERY selective in your choice of chat logs... Messages of sending hearts and kisses and I love you declarations are easy to 'fake' what you are looking for is meaningful conversations that the two of you have had that have resulted in true growth of your relationship.  These would be seen as problems from which you as a couple have grown.  Difficult topics such as religion, culture, and even money.  Frequency of communication is important but you are looking for evidence in chats of growth of relationship. 

None of this is likely to be sufficient but good luck.

Honestly? If I haven't seen my husband in two years, I'd get drunk or full or sleeping pills and I would get on a plane even if I'd have extreme fear or flying. 

I'm surprised the spouse visa doesn't have the same meeting in past 2 year requirements like k1 does. It would be fair. 

If you dont come up with better proofs than letters from friends or family, then you will be denied. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 hours ago, nadler Howard said:

I have documents like, chat log, phone logs, receipt i sent her money with, pictures of our marriage, marriage cert and every other civil documents. But we met only ones because she is always afraid to fly. I was able to persuade her to fly again and she has agreed. We met only ones that was when we got married over 2 years ago. My case is already completed at the VNC and presently waiting for interview date.

Here is my two cents, try to get her to fly over to see you and spend time together, meeting in person is key to prooving an existence of a bonafide relationship especially when you have only met in person once in 2 years.meeting in person just once in two years could be detrimental to your chances of getting approval at the interview ... 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
5 hours ago, Roel said:

Honestly? If I haven't seen my husband in two years, I'd get drunk or full or sleeping pills and I would get on a plane even if I'd have extreme fear or flying. 

I'm surprised the spouse visa doesn't have the same meeting in past 2 year requirements like k1 does. It would be fair. 

If you dont come up with better proofs than letters from friends or family, then you will be denied. 

The fiancee visa meeting requirement is that they actually HAVE met in person during the two years prior to filing the petition, not two years prior to visa interview.  Apples and crankshafts.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
4 hours ago, Baldy said:

Here is my two cents, try to get her to fly over to see you and spend time together, meeting in person is key to prooving an existence of a bonafide relationship especially when you have only met in person once in 2 years.meeting in person just once in two years could be detrimental to your chances of getting approval at the interview ... 

"Meeting" isn't the issue.  It's TIME spent together in person.  People in bona fide relationships find USUALLY find a way to spend time together more frequently that once and only once in a two year period.  Coming from Ghana, this is a HUGE red flag.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

"Meeting" isn't the issue.  It's TIME spent together in person.  People in bona fide relationships find USUALLY find a way to spend time together more frequently that once and only once in a two year period.  Coming from Ghana, this is a HUGE red flag.

I was able to convince her to overcome her fear of flying and try to fly one more time. She will be flying in about a month's time to meet with me. I hope this eliminate the red flag.

Timeline
6 hours ago, JE57 said:

You said you sent her money a number of times.  That's interesting and something that if it comes up in the interview may be a detractor for you.  Her being the USC petitioning you from Ghana the assumption would be that she would be financially supporting you not the other way around.  From the COs perspective you sending her money could appear to be 'payment' for processing a greencard

Not all African who are not well to do. I Have a good job here as a self employed and i manage my company. When i first met her, she was not having a good job and needed help which i rendered. The bulk i sent a time was $800. I send 200.300.400 500 and 600 just like that with two weeks and a month intervals.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Have you added her to all your accounts, Insurance etc etc.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Have you added her to all your accounts, Insurance etc etc.

I did not add her, they need resident permit for that and she can't stay for so long to get that. Anyway, she is about signing up for life insurance presently so she can add my name. Does it matter if the insurance is done few months before my interview?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, nadler Howard said:

Not all African who are not well to do. I Have a good job here as a self employed and i manage my company. When i first met her, she was not having a good job and needed help which i rendered. The bulk i sent a time was $800. I send 200.300.400 500 and 600 just like that with two weeks and a month intervals.

Indeed Sir, it was never my intent to imply that just because so many for Ghana are not well off that you were not.  My point was that by sending money from Ghana where it is presumed (rightly or not) that people are desperate to immigrate to the USA that your sending of money to a USC could be viewed as an attempt to pay her to marry you so that you would be essentially 'buying' a greencard.  You want to think about how you want to present this at the interview if asked about it to overcome that presumption.  Also, your chances of getting a tourist visa to the USA seem extremely remote from Ghana but... if you have a good solid job and strong ties to Ghana then perhaps you could apply for such Visa so that you could go visit her.  If you are denied the spousal visa then the only remedies to that would be to spend more time together or have her move to Ghana.   I would personally recommend spending as much time together as possible before your interview.  The flight from US to Ghana is long and difficult.  Have you considered meeting her and spending time with her? There are several countries in the Caribbean and a couple in Central America that you could visit visa free or with Visa on Arrival.   Belize has always been on my list of countries I'd love to visit.  These would still involve her getting on an Airplane but a much shorter flight for her and perhaps a lot less stress.  The trick for you would be getting to your destination without a connecting flight in the USA (which would require a US Visa).  Anyway, I wish you best of luck.  Bear in mind that the CO will likely see this marriage as nothing more than you you looking for a greencard.  It is good for you to consider the likely perspective of the interviewing officer so that you can think critically about how you respond to questions and what evidence you obtain.  

Timeline

I would completely ignore all references to the foreigner sending money to the US Citizen.  Do NOT present this as relationship evidence.  It will work against you.

Regardless of the country or financial or other circumstances, it is extremely rare for a person in the middle of an immigrant visa process to be issued a visitor (non-immigrant) visa.  It is actually illegal to do so except in very special/unusual circumstances.  

What would be great is for her to come a few weeks before the interview, be there during the interview, with the hopes of traveling back to the US together.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.