2,323 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
7 hours ago, Yasemin & Rıdvan said:

Hi everyone

My NOA2 is May 8th. I am trying to prepare the documents to send to my fiance. I was wondering how soon should I start , I mean I need to get bank statement, pay stub and employment paper. I dont want the People in the consulate deny my documents because they are outdated 🙄.Anyone has any idea how old those papers can be? Or should I get them after I get my nvc case number?

Appreciate guys 😊

Mine are 2 months old. But I’m adding recent pay stubs (scanned and sent to me) just in case. 

2 months is not really considered too old in this :)  

Dont forget the tax returns!

addition: I don’t know why but our birth certificate is only valid for 3 months(at least the one I got from embassy) so don’t forget to check that!

Edited by Naes

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hey guys do you know if I can submit the ds-160 form and pay it without having the documents in the embassy?

I wanna get done with that now. I know i cant book the interview till it says ready.

31-08-2017 ---   I-129F SENT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 hours ago, AlexaF said:

@Sarac9 there you go ☺️. I got my NOA2 on 2nd May, and will be calling in two weeks time to check. 

When did you file? I mean your priority datdate. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
13 hours ago, Naes said:

Mine are 2 months old. But I’m adding recent pay stubs (scanned and sent to me) just in case. 

2 months is not really considered too old in this :)  

Dont forget the tax returns!

addition: I don’t know why but our birth certificate is only valid for 3 months(at least the one I got from embassy) so don’t forget to check that!

Thank you Naes, then I guess I can start putting them alı together. And like you said, if anything else is nerdesin I will e-mail them later.I am planning to wait one more week to call NVC , I hope My papers would have arrived by then. Thats exciting 😇🙂

Timeline
13 hours ago, jackyjimenez said:

Hey guys do you know if I can submit the ds-160 form and pay it without having the documents in the embassy?

I wanna get done with that now. I know i cant book the interview till it says ready.

Don't be in a hurry to submit. Just save it, you can submit when you want to schedule the Interview. Also, you will only pay the $265 MRVisa Fee when it states 'Ready'.

Timeline
16 hours ago, legatoblue18 said:

NOA2 today! So excited! On to the NVC!

14 hours ago, TDT06 said:

NOA2 today as well!! So excited!! 290 day wait over! On to the NVC!!!

14 hours ago, sumbunny said:

Jumping into the pool! NOA2 today... Day 196!

Wow! Congrats, Buds! Everything moves very fast from now on. 💥💥💯💯💯

6 minutes ago, Dijana99 said:

When does the  DS-160 need to be filled out?  I got my NO2 5/4/2018.

You can start now. Keep saving it, but don't submit yet.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/9/2018 at 10:25 PM, BnK said:

Hello All!

I did research, but I still need confirmation from anybody if I did everything right. :) 

Fiance will mail me hardcopies of the ff:

a. Intent to Marry

b. I-134 filled out form (2 copies? one for me and one for my son??)

b. 2017 Tax return

c. Employment Cert stating employment date,rate and status.

d. 6 mos paystubs

e. NOA2 approval letter (don't think its needed)

Soft copies from him:

a.  I-129F application (just in case needed)

b. NVC approval with case number (soft copy is ok, right?)

c. Copy of his birth cert? passport?

My docs to present:

a. Proof of relationship (pic, chat/call history, boarding passes)

b. Cenomar

c. Birth Certs

d. DS160 filled out form

e. USEM paid interview appointment

f. Medical at Slec

Clarification:

I only need to fill out one DS160, right? I have my son travelling with me.

Thanks All, appreciate your help <3

This is where it gets "interesting" :P  Everyone has pretty much the same I-129f process, but the little detail differences between embassies makes my head spin :jest: The craziest thing to me so far is just how fast and simple the interview in Manila is, once you finally get to it.  Everything I read so far indicates it is really rare for them to actually ask for any of the supporting material, but much better to have and not need than the other way round!  

My finance and I are preparing for her interview in Manila.  She doesn't have kids though so I'm not too certain on the DS160, but I am pretty sure there needs to be an I-134 for each.  Just in case clarification, you only need to present the single confirmation page hardcopy and not the whole form.

My reading of the specific requirement for the Manila embassy for the financial stuff is that it's an either/or.  I.E. latest tax return or pay stubs, but both are not needed. Same with letter from the employer.  I think the letter and pay stubs would be in a case where maybe the petitioner has a new job so and income has changed significantly since last tax filing.  My employment includes free housing which doesn't show as part of my salary so I did get a letter to indicate that extra benefit just inc case.

My understanding is also that hard copies are not needed. In fact, the instructions for everything are pretty open about saying you should be submitting copies only and never use originals.  He should be able to scan and upload everything and you can just print off hard copies? (that's what we are doing).  

Passport/birth certificate is also an either/or.  I would definitely go with his passport (and it only needs to be the photo and ID page) since it is a standardized federal document.  Birth Certificates can vary from state to state plus theres all that long/short, formal/informal variation. 

A couple things that i didn't notice on your list were the NBI clearance and the extra photos for the embassy plus the extra photos for the medical (so. many. photos!).

Are you looking to interview right away?  We're being especially optimistic and still hoping I can go pick her up last week of the Month so finger (plus toes, eyes, arms, and legs) crossed :P 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.