2,323 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, snyderjt said:

I haven't seen one yet, so thanks!

Just got NOA2 today, May 2. Oct 27 NOA1.

Fiance is in the Philippines so we've already been working on preparing her docs and it looks like it is one of the quickest turnaround embassies with as little as a week waiting time for interview appointments :)

lol im the petitioner and I dont know if the turnaround for me and my fiancee's embassy is that quick... I am going to check for nvc next week

@ChuAni and you sort of guide me on what i should do next? Since we have the same embassy

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ChuAni said:

No problem, Sis. I'm right at your service.

Anything you want.

Now, let's start counting days for USCIS to send your case to NVC. Give it 14 days to call NVC for the case #.

My case took 20 days to get to NVC. I gor the case # the same day (after 3 hrs) they received it.

After 3 days, it left NVC and after 2 dats, it was Ready (EMBASSY received it). 

So, it took my case 6 days (4 Business Days) from NVC Received (At NVC) to Ready (At Embassy).

Now, you can do the following as you wait for NVC #;

1) Download and start filling Affidavit of Support Form (I-134) and try to get the Supportimg Documents for it.

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-134.pdf?download=1

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-134instr.pdf?download=1

2) You can start filling the DS-160 Online Form, save it but don't sign &  submit it yet. 

https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

3) Start compiling Evidence of Relationship.

*Make Screenshots from the App (e.g., Whatsapp). Have 3-4 screenshots from each month and arrange them 6 screenshots per page of MS Word. Gather Screenshots of Chat, Call, Facetime showing your phone numbers (you and your Fiancé).

* Pictures, from 6-30 of you two together, including family. DON'T INCLUDE PICTURES OF TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE!!

*Boarding Passes (If you wish)

4) Your Fiancé should get ready with his Passport, Birth Certificate.

God bless you ooo!!!! Now Birth certificate... he has an affidavit because i believe it was burned in a fire (he was born in owerri). So I hope they dont need an original. He cant find out medical stuff until he gets the packet right? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 minutes ago, EllyNelly said:

God bless you ooo!!!! Now Birth certificate... he has an affidavit because i believe it was burned in a fire (he was born in owerri). So I hope they dont need an original. He cant find out medical stuff until he gets the packet right? 

This is the number to call after 14 days...

+1 603-334-0700

Call...Press 1...Press 7..

They will request for your Wac#. When they have your case, they will ask for your Name, Date of Birth, Fiancé's name and Date of Birth.

His Birth Certificate (Wow! I'm from Owerri too😀). He can get a new one. He should go to National Population Commission (I got a new one last year).

***The Birth Certificate MUST bear his Parents' Names.

Medical...It will be after Embassy has gotten your case, sent the Packet 3 and you've scheduled your Interview.

Medical would be done 2 weeks to your Interview Date.

Check out the Packet 3..👇

https://photos.state.gov/libraries/nigeria/487468/pdfs/Interview_Prep_Packet_K1-K3_SEP14.pdf

Edited by ChuAni

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ChuAni said:

This is the number to call after 14 days...

+1 603-334-0700

Call...Press 1...Press 7..

They will request for your Wac#. When they have your case, they will ask for your Name, Date of Birth, Fiancé's name and Date of Birth.

His Birth Certificate (Wow! I'm from Owerri too😀). He can get a new one. He should go to National Population Commission (I got a new one last year).

***The Birth Certificate MUST bear his Parents' Names.

Medical...It will be after Embassy has gotten your case, sent the Packet 3 and you've scheduled your Interview.

Medical would be done 2 weeks to your Interview Date.

Check out the Packet 3..👇

https://photos.state.gov/libraries/nigeria/487468/pdfs/Interview_Prep_Packet_K1-K3_SEP14.pdf

this is where i get lost.. lol what is packet 1 & 2?

Timeline
1 minute ago, EllyNelly said:

this is where i get lost.. lol what is packet 1 & 2?

Lol! Don't worry! We have no Packet 1 & 2. 

Just Packet 3 to have knowledge of the Documents required for the Interview.

Click on the link to download it.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ChuAni said:

Lol! Don't worry! We have no Packet 1 & 2. 

Just Packet 3 to have knowledge of the Documents required for the Interview.

Click on the link to download it.

lol kk i did.. i emailed it to fiancee too.. I will try and get all the pics of him and I from january and some other pics... sucks i cant put trad because EVERYONE was there sha . but i think i have fb posts of folks congratulating us on engagement. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, EllyNelly said:

lol kk i did.. i emailed it to fiancee too.. I will try and get all the pics of him and I from january and some other pics... sucks i cant put trad because EVERYONE was there sha . but i think i have fb posts of folks congratulating us on engagement. 

Lol! I feel you!

Leave the Facebook Posts. Go with the Pictures.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, ChuAni said:

Lol! I feel you!

Leave the Facebook Posts. Go with the Pictures.

ah noted!!! yeeeeee! I am thankful!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

CONGRATS girl!!
WHOOOOOO HOOO

Actually, Lagos is looking REAL good right now.
Late May interviews are availableeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thank you so much!!!

Lemme go and tell him sha.. I hope they hurry with giving are nvc number quickly

late may would even be perfect!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, emekus94 said:

CONGRATS girl!!
WHOOOOOO HOOO

Actually, Lagos is looking REAL good right now.
Late May interviews are availableeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yes they are...I must agree!

10 hours ago, ChuAni said:

No problem, Sis. I'm right at your service.

Anything you want.

Now, let's start counting days for USCIS to send your case to NVC. Give it 14 days to call NVC for the case #.

My case took 20 days to get to NVC. I got the case # the same day (after 3 hrs) they received it.

After 3 days, it left NVC and after 2 dats, it was Ready (EMBASSY received it). 

So, it took my case 6 days (4 Business Days) from NVC Received (At NVC) to Ready (At Embassy).

Now, you can do the following as you wait for NVC #;

1) Download and start filling Affidavit of Support Form (I-134) and try to get the Supportimg Documents for it.

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-134.pdf?download=1

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-134instr.pdf?download=1

2) You can start filling the DS-160 Online Form, save it but don't sign &  submit it yet. 

https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

3) Start compiling Evidence of Relationship.

*Make Screenshots from the App (e.g., Whatsapp). Have 3-4 screenshots from each month and arrange them 6 screenshots per page of MS Word. Gather Screenshots of Chat, Call, Facetime showing your phone numbers (you and your Fiancé).

* Pictures, from 6-30 of you two together, including family. DON'T INCLUDE PICTURES OF TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE!!

*Boarding Passes (If you wish)

4) Your Fiancé should get ready with his Passport, Birth Certificate.

so ... 25 April we got NOA 2.

question ---

once USCIS received our affidavit support and everything is good to go, will then the status change to NVC ready ? or do we wait for NVC number ?

maybe @Naes

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.