TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part IV

2,070 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

3 weeks they have had RFE in hand .. nothing ...... screw it .. Turkey hunting season starts Apr 30 so I will be busy Apr 30th to May 25th..

Edited by Jabberwocky1969
A
I-129F Sent : 2017-06-25

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F RFE GENERATED

I-129F RFE sent back

I-129F RFE RCVD by USCIS
I-129F NOA2:    2018-04-11

2017-06-29

2018-02-15 

2018-02-28

2018-03-01

NVC Received Date:               2018-04-20       

NVC Case No. assigned:       2018-04-30

NVC Depart Date:                    2018-05-16

Interview Date:                        2018-07-26

Interview Result:                     APPROVED

Visa Received:                         2018-08-03

Arrival Date:                             2018-08-27

AOS filed:                                 2019-02-28

Biometric Appt:                       2019-03-27

AOS Interview:                        2019-08-06

Result: Approved

Green Card Received             2019-08-21

9 minutes ago, Jabberwocky1969 said:

3 weeks they have had RFE in hand .. nothing ...... screw it .. Turkey hunting season starts Apr 30 so I will be busy Apr 30th to May 25th..

What was the RFE for?  Same old general stuff that you have already sent?

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

What was the RFE for?  Same old general stuff that you have already sent?

Something they already had .. an official Massachusetts Certificate of Divorce Absolute.  Had my lawyer and a new immigration lawyer confirm that that's all you get in Massachusetts.  The only other alternative is the custom one that is signed by the Secretary himself with a big ribbon on it that costs $125.  That is the next step ... I'm basically going to tell the Secretary of State of Massachusetts that his document is considered as worthless in the eyes of the Federal gov't.  I'll get the $125 special then .. and basically start screaming at Congressional staff that these bureaucrats are out of control.

I have a friend on here on here where the Chinese divorce certificate is in dispute but it is the same one I got from my fiancee' to send in .. the same one everyone gets from China ... (very formal and complete looking documents by the way.) The USCIS just makes stuff up.

I work in document control processing professionally .. I know what is going on.  The Service Centers are getting caught "with their shorts down" as far as processing times .. so they just issue RFEs to cover themselves and make the boss go away.  Then they just sit back on their 60day window, maybe it gets done , maybe it does not because now it is hot potato and will screw up their final average processing stats.  I see stuff like this at work all the time.

A

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F RFE GENERATED

I-129F RFE sent back

I-129F RFE RCVD by USCIS

2017-06-29

2018-02-15 

2018-02-28

2018-03-01

1 minute ago, Jabberwocky1969 said:

Something they already had .. an official Massachusetts Certificate of Divorce Absolute.  Had my lawyer and a new immigration lawyer confirm that that's all you get in Massachusetts.  The only other alternative is the custom one that is signed by the Secretary himself with a big ribbon on it that costs $125.  That is the next step ... I'm basically going to tell the Secretary of State of Massachusetts that his document is considered as worthless in the eyes of the Federal gov't.  I'll get the $125 special then .. and basically start screaming at Congressional staff that these bureaucrats are out of control.

I have a friend on here on here where the Chinese divorce certificate is in dispute but it is the same one I got from my fiancee' to send in .. the same one everyone gets from China ... (very formal and complete looking documents by the way.) The USCIS just makes stuff up.

I work in document control processing professionally .. I know what is going on.  The Service Centers are getting caught "with their shorts down" as far as processing times .. so they just issue RFEs to cover themselves and make the boss go away.  Then they just sit back on their 60day window, maybe it gets done , maybe it does not because now it is hot potato and will screw up their final average processing stats.  I see stuff like this at work all the time.

I do know that I needed to send in the judge signed Dissolution of Marriage paperwork as they would not accept anything without the judge's signature.  Our RFE was for the judge signed annulment court documents for Rose.  They seem to want the judge's signature.

I do agree that the RFEs are being used to restart the clock, so to speak.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

Judges don't sign these in Massachusetts. Not even the $150 special from the Secretary's Office in Boston has those signatures.  I sent in the original with the stamp from the Register of Probate from my county who issues the document.  The lawyers were in agreement ... that's it ... there is nothing else. Within 2 months of the verdict it is called "NISI" which means "decided but PENDING" after 2 months it is final and it says final at the top. My Certificate was issued 4 years after the judgement .. it's been final for 3 years and 8 months .. nobody is sure what they want.

They wanted yet another letter of intent, we added that with evidence of marriage preps.

I added a letter with a cancelled check to an ordained minister.

I added details of another visit to China with two sons in tow.

I am not sure what they heck they want and probably neither do they.

A

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F RFE GENERATED

I-129F RFE sent back

I-129F RFE RCVD by USCIS

2017-06-29

2018-02-15 

2018-02-28

2018-03-01

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

I feel like I've been missing so much because I wasn't able to retrieve my password for some reason! Congratulations @John & Rose and @Kari & Atti on your approvals!! I just called NVC and they finally received my case! I received and SUV# and Invoice#.  I feel like I've waited my whole life for this and researched so much that now my life is on hold and I can't remember a thing! Does this mean I can go ahead and have my fiancée schedule his medical? Or do I have to wait for the letter? PLEASE HELP! Thank you!

4 hours ago, AnxiousCitizen said:

I feel like I've been missing so much because I wasn't able to retrieve my password for some reason! Congratulations @John & Rose and @Kari & Atti on your approvals!! I just called NVC and they finally received my case! I received and SUV# and Invoice#.  I feel like I've waited my whole life for this and researched so much that now my life is on hold and I can't remember a thing! Does this mean I can go ahead and have my fiancée schedule his medical? Or do I have to wait for the letter? PLEASE HELP! Thank you!

Each country is a little different.  Some require you to wait for a letter from NVC while others allow you to schedule everything. In the Philippines once we get our NVC# we can pay the DS-160 fee and schedule the interview.  In the Philippines medical is walk in but you need proof that you have received the NVC#.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I'm at 2 weeks since they received my RFE. I sent in a full scan of my passport (they had noted that I sent in a short-form birth certificate and that I needed to establish that I am a USC).

Now I'm freaking out. Should I have sent in a long-form birth certificate? The letter said any of the listed items would prove it.

3 hours ago, LydiaP said:

I'm at 2 weeks since they received my RFE. I sent in a full scan of my passport (they had noted that I sent in a short-form birth certificate and that I needed to establish that I am a USC).

Now I'm freaking out. Should I have sent in a long-form birth certificate? The letter said any of the listed items would prove it.

Can I ask you 1 question. It maybe a little weird but like you are from England ? Not the UK. And they are different right ? Passport is different as well ? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Anyone in June still waiting or if there's a change in status please let me know

June 12

@MommaMiller  - RFE rec. (not active since 1/ 13)

@ChazNikki        - RFE Sent (no timeline) (not active since 2/14)

@garylenhall  -Received

June 13

@YingYen           - Received NOA1 6/13 (not active since 2/28)

June 14

@Enter and Kam -   -got voted off this stalker 👀 list!! 🍾🎊🎉

@Katemdedo     - Received 

@D & JL             - RFE sent. (1/21)

June 15

@LydiaP            - RFE rec. 3/12

June 22

@KBA               - Received

June 23

@Martin3517 -Received 

June 27

@Kari & Atti     -got voted off this stalker 👀 list!! 🍾🎊🎉

@KurtHigh     -RFE rec. (1/31) (no timeline) (not active since 3/6)

June 29

@Jabberwocky1969  - RFE  Sent

2/28

@Lisa123 -RFE rec. 2/12

Page 44 last post

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.