pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
4 hours ago, PaulMac said:

I'd like to add that i think even officers in embassies might take days off around holidays, on top of upcoming holidays, so it might drag out the processing a bit. 
But if You were approved, it's just a matter of time when you'll see the "Issued". Job's done, sit back and enjoy a drink or two.
Congratulations!

Oh yes, many drinks to be had! Enjoying wine now nonetheless :) thank you for the positive vibes and congrats to you and your newly made wife!! 

Sent I-129F: March 13, 2018

NOA 1: March 15, 2018

NOA 2: October 3, 2018

Case Arrived at NVC: October 19, 2018

Case Number Received: October 22, 2018 

NVC Shipped Case to Embassy: October 30, 2018

Case Arrived at Embassy: November 2, 2018

Medical Exam: November 19, 2018

Interview: December 7, 2018

Interview Results: Approved! 

Visa Received: January 2, 2019

Point of Entry to US: January 15, 2019 

Married: March 11th, 2019

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131: April 30, 2019 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
15 hours ago, Abbey B said:

Oh yes, many drinks to be had! Enjoying wine now nonetheless :) thank you for the positive vibes and congrats to you and your newly made wife!! 

I see that you're NJ as well! 
We're waiting for Social Security card to arrive, go back there, change her namie and then file AoS, EAD, AP :)

I'm not sure which office You go to for SSC, but Union was awesome. 5min wait to be called in, and done in no time :)
Thank You! If you need any help along the way, feel free to contact! 4 thinking heads, are better than 2!

Edited by PaulMac

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Good evening guys!
I have came home today from the interview (FINALLY) and slept like a rock since i couldn't get any sleep the night before.

After getting my NOA2 in Sept, I could get my interview done earlier, but i delayed it since the documentations didn't get mailed on time and I personally had to get things done myself.

So anyway!

Today morning (12/20) I went to US Embassy in Seoul and took an interview.

She asked me a few questions regarding my fiancé's job, where I met, how he proposed and where he's living.

I was really worried that I might get rejected or a blue letter since AGAIN, the original i-134 form from my fiancé didn't get delivered on time.

But thankfully she said copy's not a problem (but I also brought original i-134 form he previously sent before he changed his work place)

and everything was good to go.

now all I have to wait is to get my passport to be delivered (said it'll take up to 5 days)

This K-1 visa journey has been TIRING, STRESSFUL, FULL OF WAIT, and all these things mixed, my fiancé and I got truly sensitive with all the process on the way. Now i think of it, hell I DO NOT want to walk this path ever again lol

Hope my timeline helps,

and hope to hear bunch of good news soon!

I know more things are waiting for me once I enter US, but for now, I'm so glad that now I can finally schedule my flight :)

Thank you guys so much for keeping me & each other so tight!

I have gotten so much help and positive vibes from you guys! :D

2 hours ago, Rani32 said:

hello

my visa approved but still nonimmigrant- AP since my interviow 17 

what happand  ???

What 17. January, February, March...? If you were to complete your timeline that would certainly help in able us to answer your question. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

5 hours ago, Rani32 said:

17 December 2018 ?

Nothing has happened as this is very normal. They are still processing your visa and if ceac.state.gov is reporting it to now to be a "non-immigrant" visa then you are not far from receiving your passport and visa. You need more patience.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Nothing has happened as this is very normal. They are still processing your visa and if ceac.state.gov is reporting it to now to be a "non-immigrant" visa then you are not far from receiving your passport and visa. You need more patience.

To add, i'd say that Embassies are employed by people. People have holidays. Christmas, New Year etc. It will add some time to processing. 
I'm still waiting for the god's forgotten Social Security Card from Nov 28th... Thanks Trump and Govt for not agreeing on budget.

Edited by PaulMac

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, everyone! It has been a month after my arrival in the US and we’re already married! Yay! 

May I ask where I can find threads regarding AOS Filing? Thank you. 😊

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Ray and Apple said:

Hello, everyone! It has been a month after my arrival in the US and we’re already married! Yay! 

May I ask where I can find threads regarding AOS Filing? Thank you. 😊

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/7-adjustment-of-status-green-card-from-k1-and-k3-family-based-visas/

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Our file was finally sent over to the embassy, and now our interview is scheduled! We might actually finish before the 1 year mark. :P

K-1 Visa

03/13/2018 - Submitted

02/12/2019 - Interview Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

hello everyone,

my fiance will have her interview in juarez on jan 18th. she is wondering what she needs to bring to the interview? and how many copies of each paper she needs.

thanks

9 hours ago, Hirotoyoto said:

hello everyone,

my fiance will have her interview in juarez on jan 18th. she is wondering what she needs to bring to the interview? and how many copies of each paper she needs.

thanks

Keep in mind that a forum like this one is for initial bonding with others who are along the same timeline as you for initial processing. The initial application is the same no matter where in the world you are. But, having said that, once you get your approval (NOA2 text message or email), you should also check in with your country's sub-forum to get a better understanding of the process for the Embassy that you will be interviewing with, and to get direct answers from those who have completed the steps you are about to at the US Embassy - Juarez Mexico.

Link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

Get the Juarez K1 Embassy instructions at http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf (Spanish) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cBWgGJr4a5ay3b4OV28_dC3pgf63ZUr-/view?usp=sharing (English) as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use this website as a checklist. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview.

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for you country so that you are up to speed.

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-Mx/iv

One last place to check for information would be the VJ Wiki found here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AllPages

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.