Mgwlkr

221g embassy problems

77 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mgwlkr said:

I'm a woman.    He has financial problems and because I have reservations I'm not inclined to solve them for him.   As stated earlier I knew if I gave all the details I'd get attacked.    Yes emotions are running high.  I've wasted a year and half of my life to get here because he wouldnt listen when he was here.    Which I've told him But he won't leave me alone and insists I should pay toresolve this because he's a poor boy from serbia that i need. (Some more truth for everyone)

I don’t judge you at all in this, I judge him - he is a (filters won’t let me use the word).

You and your kids deserve so much more than this, wanting companionship is totally valid. Why don’t you take the money you would have spent on his aos and spend it on yourself - getting sitters for the kids or a club they can go to- and then going and learning a new hobby yourself something you enjoy and you never know you might meet someone? 

Being expected to foot the bill when it was his fault you didn’t get photos when he was spending time with you is dumb, you have told him he needs to work to fix that but he hasn’t so far, well bye bye. I saved up and paid for my trips to see my husband when he moved back to the states, I saved enough so that it covered the months after a fiancé visa where I knew I wouldn’t be able to work because it was the right thing to do and I certainly didn’t begrudge my husband for it.

If he cant see the need to put you and your kids first now then he never will be and you deserve someone who can do that not just for your kids sake but for yours

as well.

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Illiria said:

I don’t judge you at all in this, I judge him - he is a (filters won’t let me use the word).

You and your kids deserve so much more than this, wanting companionship is totally valid. Why don’t you take the money you would have spent on his aos and spend it on yourself - getting sitters for the kids or a club they can go to- and then going and learning a new hobby yourself something you enjoy and you never know you might meet someone? 

Being expected to foot the bill when it was his fault you didn’t get photos when he was spending time with you is dumb, you have told him he needs to work to fix that but he hasn’t so far, well bye bye. I saved up and paid for my trips to see my husband when he moved back to the states, I saved enough so that it covered the months after a fiancé visa where I knew I wouldn’t be able to work because it was the right thing to do and I certainly didn’t begrudge my husband for it.

If he cant see the need to put you and your kids first now then he never will be and you deserve someone who can do that not just for your kids sake but for yours

as well.

Thank you.  Trhat is exactly how I feel.  If I have to scrape and save that m7ch money at this point I will use it for myself and my kids.     He's a 25yr old able bodied educated man. He could have worked all this time.  It was bad enough I knew he wouldn't have much money when he got here for awhile but as time passed and he flat out refused to save what he had or go out and earn more a huge red flag.   He is harrising me non stop not to withdraw the petition.   I hate togive up something I've worked countless hours on but at the same time I can't imagine just leaving the case open (or the door for him to try and convince me I need him) for another year

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Mgwlkr said:

yeah last time I tried to protect him by making it my fault we didnt Have photos.    Oh well still get attacked either way.   I dont care about vj tos. I have a right to say dont attack me.   If you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. Isnt that what we teach our children?

I don't believe in god.  I believe religion is a crutch created by man to justify the things he doesn't understand

You're probably right.  About the crutch. 

But I think you know that this is not right and he's using you.  Follow your instinct.  That's not god, that's a hard wired survival trait.

Just now, Mgwlkr said:

Thank you.  Trhat is exactly how I feel.  If I have to scrape and save that m7ch money at this point I will use it for myself and my kids.     He's a 25yr old able bodied educated man. He could have worked all this time.  It was bad enough I knew he wouldn't have much money when he got here for awhile but as time passed and he flat out refused to save what he had or go out and earn more a huge red flag.   He is harrising me non stop not to withdraw the petition.   I hate togive up something I've worked countless hours on but at the same time I can't imagine just leaving the case open (or the door for him to try and convince me I need him) for another year

Wow, I am so sorry he is doing that to you. I would recommend taking these harassing communications and sending them to USCIS along with your letter stating you wish to withdraw the petition.

Something I usually suggest when the us citizen isn’t sure about the person they are petitioning is to suggest, it doesn’t have to be genuine you are just finding out his reaction, that you and the kids move to him instead and see how he reacts. 

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

8 minutes ago, Mgwlkr said:

yeah last time I tried to protect him by making it my fault we didnt Have photos.    Oh well still get attacked either way.   I dont care about vj tos. I have a right to say dont attack me.   If you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. Isnt that what we teach our children?

I don't believe in god.  I believe religion is a crutch created by man to justify the things he doesn't understand

We are all trying to help you see the light here. Some have come right out and said that this man is using you. I took a more subtle approach by giving you food for thought and letting you work it out for yourself. That is being nice to you. The truth hurts. I know you're hurting that you spent all this time on the process and now it appears he is just using you. That's a horrible feeling. I can tell you're exhausted by it. That's why I said the 221g is probably a blessing in disguise. I think you need to forget him and move on. There are people here who have had a very long and difficult road through this. We can all see that your relationship doesn't appear to be strong enough for this. Even the strongest couples are tested to the limit in this. 

Please don't misinterpret being told the harsh reality of the situation for people being nasty to you. This is not something we can sugar-coat. As you have discovered, embassies are very tough to deal with. They don't care about your feelings, wants, desires or financials. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

I have been there in diff circumstances maybe but I know what you are saying - hats off to not sending him money - I did that sort of thing too.

you can't make him into what he is not.  (This is a msg to OP only).  You are intelligent enough to see religion for what it is like most people with high IQ.  Unfortunately we do have our need of companionship which again is a reality and how human make up is.  Not this one though it won't last.  Let it go.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We can all give advice and thoughts (and some very good advice and thoughts were given here), but in the end it's your life, your process, your decision.

Trust your gut instinct....it rarely leads one down the wrong path.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You said you’re being destroyed, sounds like it’s of your own choosing. If you think all of these things why are you continuing with this process? You won’t have plenty of time to decide if you want to marry him. Once he enters on a K1, you will have 90 days. He’s 25. Does he want kids? Since you think 37 is too old, that will be a problem in itself. And you’re bringing kids into this foolishness. Sounds like the embassy isn’t saving you from him, it’s saving your from yourself. If you’re lonely, you don’t have to wait on someone halfway across the world. You can find a fool right here in the states to satisfy your loneliness...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

If you are ready to give up on the relationship that’s an easy fix. Physically, not emotionally of course. Because you’re giving up on something that you’ve believed in and worked so hard for. But if you want to truly part ways with this man all you have to do is contact USCIS and withdraw your petition. Cut all communication with him and move on with your life. If he can’t get to you, he can’t pester you. This is obviously easier said than done, but you gotta take the first step if you wanna really do it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

If you are ready to give up on the relationship that’s an easy fix. Physically, not emotionally of course. Because you’re giving up on something that you’ve believed in and worked so hard for. But if you want to truly part ways with this man all you have to do is contact USCIS and withdraw your petition. Cut all communication with him and move on with your life. If he can’t get to you, he can’t pester you. This is obviously easier said than done, but you gotta take the first step if you wanna really do it. 

It is my my honest opinion based on everything you mentioned, this man is only using you for a green card, and you can nip that in the bud easily if you choose to. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I think the forum is to help you. People are not attacking you, they are just giving you advice based on their personal experience. When I went with my now wife to the K1 interview in Madrid Spain , she was denied and giving the letter that said she "aint going" to America. She was sad, I hugged her, she cried, I wiped her tears with my hands, I thanked the CO, I told her to go to the bathroom, I thanked the CO again with a smile, the CO apologized for not approving the visa, then she asked me a question, "who wrote this...which language is that...do you speak that language...get her here, I want to see if you speak Russian .." I spoke in Russian to my now wife.  The CO smiled again and said, "well you look like a couple, let me see what I can do, I will talk to my supervisor." She asked me for my cell phone number. Next day as I was in a Taxi traveling to the bus station the CO called me, "Hi, are you in Madrid, Come to the embassy and bring her passport, the K! visa has been approved. "  Based on my experience and my 3 friends who I helped with their K! paperwork, you have to convinced the CO that the relatioship is real.  Pictures: at a restaurant showing other customers in the background  at a park showing a flag from the country, with other people, with family members, different clothes, day time, night time, the pictures should not look professional taken.                   The Consular section at the embassy is not there to help you, a really good evidence would have been showing up for the interview. If you have financial problems he won't be approved either.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.