Mgwlkr

221g embassy problems

77 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

If the embassy is repeatedly giving us 221gs and we feel we have supplied adequate information and there is not additional information to supply who do I contact to escalate the situation.    congressman ?   I'm not sure the correct recourse but it certainly feels like we are being picked on and it's destroying our relationship we are moments from throwing in the towel .    Travel is NOT an option for financial and family reasons

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

the basic truth and sorry to sound harsh as we try to help

but if travel is not an option to go and marry,  then how do you plan to pay for AOS and other fees ?

this is not a cheap venture 

you need to check the proceedure and know all the expenses you will incur to do this K1 or any other visa

At this point a congressman can not do much to help / the approval of a K1 is exclusively up to the CO at the embassy after reviewing the documents (usually they review  all evidence before the interview)

looks like you need more face time to prove a relationship

I, personally, went thru this for 6 years / not saying you will but the process is hard on all of us even those that go less than a year and pass 1st invertiew /mne reqired 5 visits of 1 to 3 months and a cost of over $35000

we all feel for your situation but if you can not hold thru this,  then how do you expect a marriage to last / the real test is after marriage and sounds like financial issues would eventually tear you both apart

Really,  keep it together 

Support each other

Try to keep the romance in this part of your relationship as now you are offically in the courtship phase and at no time in the future will you bring romance back if you loose it now

You need to be strong and understand that with time you can work this out by supporting each other emotionally and romantically

Get a second job / save money / make the trip to marry 

and show embassy this is real because if you can't,  your chances are gone

Good luck from all of us

Edited by adil-rafa

Timeline
4 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

the basic truth and sorry to sound harsh as we try to help

but if travel is not an option to go and marry,  the how do you plan to pay for AOS and other fees ?

this is not a cheap venture 

you need to check the proceedure and know all the expenses you will incur to do this K1 

At this point a congressman can not do much to help / the approval of a K1 is exclusively up to the CO at the embassy after reviewing the documents (usually they review  evidence all evidence before the interview)

looks like you need more face time to prove a relationship

I, personally, went thru this for 6 years / not saying you will but the process is hard on all of us even those that go less than a year and pass 1st invertiew

we all feel for your situation but if you can not hold thru this,  then how do you expect a marriage to last / the real test is after marriage and sounds like financial issues would eventually tear you both apart

Really,  keep it together 

Support each other

Try to keep the romance in this part of your relationship as now you are offically in the courtship phase and at no time in the future will you bring romance back if you loose it now

You need to be strong and understand that with time you can work this out by supporting each other emotionally and romantically

Get a second job / save money / make the trip to marry 

and show embassy this is real because if you can't,  your chances are gone

Good luck from all of us

Well it does sound harsh since you don't know our story and you are making general assumptions.    If either of us travel to get additional photos for the approval neither of us will be able yo afford the aos etc.

We have spent 3 months together in person.   That should be more than enough for an approval

I am seeking advice on how to escalate the issue 

I am VERY aware of the costs involved in the process and how marriage works.    I am however not willing to put my life on hold for another year and a half to wait for approval after marriage 

2 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

What is the 221gs for? and what have you sent in to reply?

Proof of meeting.   Everything minus a photo together.  Very long story I will not publish here for fear of personal attacks 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you can't escalate it

your K1 is dead and will be allowed to return to the US and there is no appeal

i went thru this

i am telling you to help get you to understand 

the embassy is in charge and now you need to do more to prove this relationship to them not me

of course i  do not know your story but i do know  the K1 was denied

many of us go thru this

the truth is harsh not me

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mgwlkr said:

Well it does sound harsh since you don't know our story and you are making general assumptions.    If either of us travel to get additional photos for the approval neither of us will be able yo afford the aos etc.

We have spent 3 months together in person.   That should be more than enough for an approval

I am seeking advice on how to escalate the issue 

I am VERY aware of the costs involved in the process and how marriage works.    I am however not willing to put my life on hold for another year and a half to wait for approval after marriage 

Proof of meeting.   Everything minus a photo together.  Very long story I will not publish here for fear of personal attacks 

It's very simple if you don't make the travels to provide the embassy what they want then there won't be any AOS anyway.

If you don't provide us with information on your case then it's really really hard for anyone to try and help you.

What evidence have you provided on your meeting?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

you can't escalate it

your K1 is dead and will be allowed to return to the US and there is no appeal

i went thru this

i am telling you to help get you to understand 

the embassy is in charge and now you need to do more to prove this relationship to them not me

of course i  do not know your story but i do know  the K1 was denied

many of us go thru this

the truth is harsh not me

Iys not being returned it says we have a year to respond

The officer even told my fiance he believes us but needs something different on paper 

4 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

It's very simple if you don't make the travels to provide the embassy what they want then there won't be any AOS anyway.

If you don't provide us with information on your case then it's really really hard for anyone to try and help you.

What evidence have you provided on your meeting?

I am a single mom.  I can't go to Serbia 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mgwlkr said:

Iys not being returned it says we have a year to respond

The officer even told my fiance he believes us but needs something different on paper 

I am a single mom.  I can't go to Serbia 

Can you bring your child with you? (I was a single mom too)

What evidence of meeting have you provided the embassy?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

Can you bring your child with you? (I was a single mom too)

What evidence of meeting have you provided the embassy?

Concert tickets. Uber receipts.  Photos of us in the same place but not together which the co requested.    No traveling there with two kids isn't an option  and I wont leave them 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

If that is all the evidence you sent, yeah I can see why they want more. They need to see passport stamps, plane tickets, not just intineraries, entry cards to each other’s country stamped by immigration, that sort of thing. Maybe credit card statements showing that both of you made purchases in the same place during the same time. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mgwlkr said:

Concert tickets. Uber receipts.  Photos of us in the same place but not together which the co requested.    No traveling there with two kids isn't an option  and I wont leave them 

You don't have one single picture og you guys together after 3 months together? 

Can he travel to Mexico or Canada and you meet him there? I mean you really don't have an option other then provide them of what they want so they can approve the visa otherwise he just won't get it.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

If that is all the evidence you sent, yeah I can see why they want more. They need to see passport stamps, plane tickets, not just intineraries, entry cards to each other’s country stamped by immigration, that sort of thing. Maybe credit card statements showing that both of you made purchases in the same place during the same time. 

He was residing here near my home we sent all the passport info w2s etc.  Like I said. Literally every item listed as acceptable proof minus a photo together 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

You don't have one single picture og you guys together after 3 months together? 

Can he travel to Mexico or Canada and you meet him there? I mean you really don't have an option other then provide them of what they want so they can approve the visa otherwise he just won't get it.

He cant afford to travel to this continent.  We were just hanging out when he was here it wasn't serious and after he went home I found out he had a gf there wh8ch would explain why he didn't want to take pictures

Go ahead tell me I'm stupid for perusing this

Now he wants me to pay for him to travel so we can take photos

I refuse 

My point is the embassy is part of the us govt for us citizens correct?  So why aren't they working for me?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.