Carolina Dalton

November 2017 Filers K1 VISA I-129F (merged)

2,975 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Alekezam said:

How do you determine which Congressman to call? Do you call the general number to his/her office and speak to an assistant? I just want to make sure I go through the right channels and not waste my time going down the wrong path. Sounds like in order to get USCIS moving you almost have to resort to this kind of action unless you're lucky and they happen to get to your case within a reasonable amount of time. 

Honestly, my lawyer told me to contact a particular office because they had been very helpful, kind and responsive with her in the past. I just think if one office doesn't work out, call another!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mderder1 said:

Honestly, my lawyer told me to contact a particular office because they had been very helpful, kind and responsive with her in the past. I just think if one office doesn't work out, call another!!

You need to get in touch with your district congressman, it may work in some cases depending of the situation, All what your congressman does is: write a letter to USCIS with your information CASE NUMBER, NAME OF BENEFICIARY, etc, and request a expedite processing or inquiry about it, if your case fall in the category for expedite according to the guidelines they have, then you get your case to move faster., I did that 2 months ago and didn't worked for me as i requested expedite claiming hardship.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ashaaa said:

:jest: my fiance is a proud Chattanoogan. He got this lovely southern accent that match with my heavy Indonesian accent too... lol. 

I'm not too far away in Middle Georgia. My thick Southern accent goes with my fiance's Chinese accent, lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 hours ago, Morgan89 said:

Thank you for this! How quickly did you call NVC? You didnt wait the 4 weeks?? I'm from the UK too and my fiance got out NOA2 on the 21st of this month, I can call already?

Hey, I waited about 4 weeks but it had been at NVC for 2 weeks at that point and had already left the NVC, i went by my NOA2 date and not date I received the letter :) when was your NOA2 dated,  I’d wait 2 weeks until after that date then start calling. But they really don’t get annoyed if you call before they were really helpful and friendly :). 

The interview and medical waiting times are starting to creep up so as soon as you get your number start booking, just remember to leave at least 5 days between medical and interview:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 minutes ago, KyoKevin85 said:

NOA1: Nov 13th Old and 15th New. Decided to send an email to my district Congresswoman in Nevada, hopefully it does more good than harm

Let me know! I was holding off writing mine until the inquiry date passes my date (11/14), but if you have success I might try earlier.

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Just now, x_driven_x said:

Let me know! I was holding off writing mine until the inquiry date passes my date (11/14), but if you have success I might try earlier.

But why USCIS will get back to congressman with updates instead of tell us the details??

I751:

Mailed: 3th May 2021

Delivered: 5th May 2021

Rejected due to missing signature: 26th May 2021

Resend: 26th May 2021

Delivered: 28th May 2021

Timeline
1 minute ago, CCCCCF said:

But why USCIS will get back to congressman with updates instead of tell us the details??

Because congressmen have access to systems and channels that ordinary people do not.  Part of their job is to help their citizens deal with and navigate federal agencies (within reason).

They have connections and contacts they routinely reach out to.

They have the ability to escalate or turn things into news items for the really spectacular cases.

A congressman/woman calls up, it makes it seem more important, than just any average persion, of which there are 20,000+ cases pending for "average" people.

They still generally will not do much if it is within normal processing times though, which used to be 6 months, and now is pushing 7, hence the Case Inquiry date published online by USCIS.

K1 / K2 Visa

2 minutes ago, x_driven_x said:

Because congressmen have access to systems and channels that ordinary people do not.  Part of their job is to help their citizens deal with and navigate federal agencies (within reason).

They have connections and contacts they routinely reach out to.

They have the ability to escalate or turn things into news items for the really spectacular cases.

A congressman/woman calls up, it makes it seem more important, than just any average persion, of which there are 20,000+ cases pending for "average" people.

They still generally will not do much if it is within normal processing times though, which used to be 6 months, and now is pushing 7, hence the Case Inquiry date published online by USCIS.

I see. But if we reach out to them just several days before the inquiry date appear online (let's say mine is 3rd Nov), and if I contact them now, do you think if they will just ignore me ? 

I751:

Mailed: 3th May 2021

Delivered: 5th May 2021

Rejected due to missing signature: 26th May 2021

Resend: 26th May 2021

Delivered: 28th May 2021

Timeline
5 minutes ago, CCCCCF said:

I see. But if we reach out to them just several days before the inquiry date appear online (let's say mine is 3rd Nov), and if I contact them now, do you think if they will just ignore me ? 

I think every congressman/senator's staff will handle this differently, so it's hard to say.

K1 / K2 Visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I just scanned 20th november cases because it is my date also. And I saw that USCIS today already approved 10 cases! 

Good start for the day!

IMG_20180524_190604.jpg

Timeline
17 minutes ago, dannybeans123 said:

Hi Everyone, I wanted to share some hope for those November filers still waiting. Today we also received approval! Thank you for all those that have been running scans and supporting each other, your time is coming! 

NOA 1 - NOV 10TH (OLD SITE)/ NOV 14TH (NEW SITE)

NOA 2- 5/24 (received text, no email, case tracker app also notified me)

Congrats!! I’m nov 9. Hope my approval is coming soon!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, dannybeans123 said:

Hi Everyone, I wanted to share some hope for those November filers still waiting. Today we also received approval! Thank you for all those that have been running scans and supporting each other, your time is coming! 

NOA 1 - NOV 10TH (OLD SITE)/ NOV 14TH (NEW SITE)

NOA 2- 5/24 (received text, no email, case tracker app also notified me)

Wow we have exactly the same date on NOA1.. NO2 5/23 received email and update on new site only.. Cheers 👏... Guysss youll have yours soon..Keep the faith. Best of luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.