Diana B

Does Section 221(g) mean Administrative Processing? I need help please.

57 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Today my husband went to his interview appointment At the American Embassy in Islamabad and the result was really disappointing and upsetting for us both. If you don't mind, please take time to read this and help me out. I've been in tears all morning.  My husband told me they took him to a separate room and started asking him the questions.  He said the counselors were laughing at him as well and this made him feel so hurt from inside. Let me give you background information on us. I am a US citizen. I was born and raised here.  My mother is american and my father is romanian. I am 28 years old and my husband is 29 years old. He is from Karachi, Pakistan. We have known each other for four years and finally got married in May 2016. We met at the end of December of 2013 in a chatroom called parachat. That chatroom had many other rooms in it as well, and one of them was called "Bollywood Chat". I was the one who messaged him first on there. After that I moved to Skype and we both video called each other and ever since then we communicate through Skype And Facebook Messenger everyday. I have so much evidence (screenshots) of our video chats from skype and our messages on facebook that date back to January 2014 on Skype. I know this part is very important for evidence. The only thing I didn't save was our chat from that chatroom on the first day I met him. My journey with my husband hasn't been an easy one, as I'm sure many of you on here have faced situations similar to this. We have been through so much with eachother. God only knows how much I love him and how much he loves me :( The officers at the embassy felt that both me and my husband coached each other and made a story up about our relationship. He felt as if it was scripted. What confused me the most was, he said our answers matched as if we scripted it. Of course our answers matched because we both knew the answers to what they're asking us. I don't want to lie about anything. My husband and I have been honest from the start about our relationship.  Another thing he was asking was why both of us didn't have relationships before. He thought it was strange for an american girl not to have a boyfriend in the past. This really bothered me. Our lives are not scripted, this isn't a movie for us. We went through all the possible questions the officer could ask us, not because we are fake but because we wanted to be prepared and make sure everything was correct. This is the advice that is given to couples who are about to be interviewed.  My husband took an oath and answered each question honestly. This is what they want. Just be honest and do not hide anything. We have nothing to hide. Our families know this too. The officer issued a Section 221 G white slip to my husband and kept his passport. The only thing he requested was the chat history/record of that day we met on that chatroom. I do not have that. I contacted the website today and they told me I cannot obtain chat records from their website because I was just a visitor unless I own a chatroom myself.  I know that it is not uncommon to receive an AP in Pakistan but what I want to know is what can I do next? If the company/chatroom doesn't provide chat records for that day will the officer still not believe our relationship isn't legit? That's the only thing they wrote down for "general requirements".  We provided them with every important document they needed.  Nothing was missing. Is this just apart of Administrative Processing or is this something else? Our lives are not scripted. Neither are our families, and people who are close to us and know us. That's what really hurts me when he says this. I cannot be with him today if I didn't find him on this website. That website is the reason what brought us together. My heart is pounding. I am a very sensitive person. I want to be strong. I've been strong for the both of us for so long and I will continue to do so. He is my backbone.  I know that we're both from difference countries and cultures but that doesn't matter to me. I can't change my love or feelings for him. Maybe this means red flags for others but it's not for us :( Can anyone please give me advice on what to do? I will keep in touch with the embassy and explain this all to them. What I'm worried about is the chatroom history log if the website does not have that.  Please tell me what this means. I hope it can be corrected. 

Thank you for replying. I appreciate it. 

-Diana

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

If they kept his passport, that's a good sign. Try your best to get the specific chat they requested. If you can't get it, try to get an email or letter from the site explaining why they can't provide it. 

Timeline

Thank you for replying O&GForever.

I emailed the website and they said they cannot give chat records out. I took a screenshot. This is the email they gave me. Do you think this will help me out? 

PARACHAT EMAIL.png

~~moved to AP and waivers from Ir1/CR1 process and procedures~~

Yes a 221g is administrative processing.  Almost all males from Pakistan will go through AP.  To be honest you can likely blame the Pakistan government because they have no reliable national police database.  So the USA must put the the people from that country (and others like it) through higher scrutiny.   You can supply the officer with the email regarding your chatroom history and it's unavailability, but likely it won't change the speed of the AP.   I do hope it goes fast for you, best of luck. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

In my opinion, I would submit that along with a letter again explaining how you met and that you were a visitor at the time...not signed into an account where you could save the conversations. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

When did you physically meet, how many visits have you made and for how long?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

NikLR

Thank you for your reply and wishes. I appreciate it. I do understand the AP Thing for Pakistan. I was aware of it totally. My husband received the 221g white slip. At the time of the chat, our usernames were not registered as it was not  required for this chatroom. I have abundant amounts  of skype video calling screenshots and facebook messenger chat logs to back me up. I have skype calls that have lasted the duration of 6 hours long and that's all captured  on the screen shot.  I have evidence from January 2014 up to now on skype and facebook.  I know this evidence is very crucial on how we communicate with each other and I have provided all that.  I have nothing to hide. It is all there for them to see. If they wanted my passwords to my skype and fb  accounts I would have no problems giving that to them. They were laughing at my husband and saying "Good Story". They couldn't believe we sincerely love each other. The officer even asked me : What will you do once he leaves you? I can't put into words how much this hurts me. We only talked on that website for a day and then moved our communication to skype and fb. All they requested was the chat history logs for that website. Another question I wanted to ask, do I submit the email I got today from the  chatroom to the  embassy's email or at a dropbox?

Timeline

O&GForever

Yes. That is what I want to do. I am also willing to write a letter. I'd like to know where do I submit this? To the embassy's email or a dropbox? 

Timeline

Boiler, 

We physically met in Karachi, Pakistan last year in May of 2016. I left at June 8th. That was the first time we met. We decided that we wanted to get married in 2014 and I finally married him last year. That was my first visit and I want to come and see him again. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, DianaB said:

O&GForever

Yes. That is what I want to do. I am also willing to write a letter. I'd like to know where do I submit this? To the embassy's email or a dropbox? 

Did your white slip give you directions on how to return the information? I would suggestion your husband takes it to the embassy in person along with a copy of your white slip. 

Timeline

NikLR,

I was saving up money to come to my husband. That was the only reason why I came to pakistan once last year. I was facing some financial problems at the time. I couldn't afford to make so many trips back and forth. I was only given a visa for 30 days to Pakistan. Of course I wanted to stay longer and be with him and that's what we discuss right now. We documented and videotaped all our time spent together in Karachi. I don't have any problem coming to the place where my husband lives. I am welcomed by all his family there. His family is like my family. His home is like my home. All I can do now is remain hopeful and be positive. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Age is not an issue, which is one of the common issues we see, do you share the same religion?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry you're having a difficult time but as you know it's not uncommon from this embassy.  First the best thing to do is try to forget about all the emotion, feelings, reasons, etc. Just look at the facts.  One visit and got married on that first visit is likely to be the main issue. I know all your reasons but it's facts the embassies look at.

You have to be firm and confident. It's not nice what they did but they were testing your husband. It's not  going to help taking what they said or questioned all personal. It's their job.  Be confident in your relationship and your answers.  If your answers didn't match they would've still made comments the relationship was fake to shake you. It's a test.  You must be courteous confident and positive.  

So as for now I would definitely send a copy of the email with a letter explaining you are unable to obtain the original chat.  I would also add in a few extras. Some pieces of evidence you didn't give yet. Maybe an affidavit from family, pictures, something to add to it to boost their opinion.  

Edited by LionessDeon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.