4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mszitai said:

Thank you so much .. seriously can we be Facebook friends to keep in touch? I can use encouragement right now. 

I’m in Clark county. Las Vegas, NV

I’m also glad you mentioned calling, I was going to ask you and naes about this, when I call customer service USCIS it gives you numbers “press 1 for blah blah “ so which one do I press for a tier 2?

Again thank you 100 times!

You bet...

https://www.facebook.com/alpizarfamily

Funny, was just looking up Clark County so here's some info: Juvenile Records.   Questions regarding juvenile records can be answered by calling (702) 455-5220. The Juvenile Records Unit is located at 2980 Meade Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89102.   

You can quote/reference "NRS 62H.025, Section J" which entitles you to a copy of your records (https://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-062H.html#NRS062HSec025)

Tell them that it's urgent for an "international visa process" and you have only a few days to respond (sorry but we are in a position to fib a little and that's how I got mine by email same day vs. 2wks waiting by mail)! ;)

4 hours ago, Naes said:

You can call NVC after 2 weeks (not business days but calendar days). If you wait for a month they will probably send you the mail before you call them.

so basically noa2 14 can start calling about 24th to 28th

@Naes so they will also send notice through mail? To who? Petitoner or Beneficiary?

once forwarded to US Embassy, they are the one who will send notification also right to the Beneficiary am I right?

thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
20 minutes ago, ShawnJayden said:

@Naes so they will also send notice through mail? To who? Petitoner or Beneficiary?

once forwarded to US Embassy, they are the one who will send notification also right to the Beneficiary am I right?

thanks

Not sure about Step 9 though. It can be different in your Country. Here we have to schedule the interview online by ourselves depending on avaialble vacant dates.

CA1E2D5D-03CF-41BB-B72E-9AC70B838D49.jpeg

Edited by Azhar and Brandon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
14 minutes ago, IndiaAnnie said:

You bet...

https://www.facebook.com/alpizarfamily

Funny, was just looking up Clark County so here's some info: Juvenile Records.   Questions regarding juvenile records can be answered by calling (702) 455-5220. The Juvenile Records Unit is located at 2980 Meade Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89102.   

You can quote/reference "NRS 62H.025, Section J" which entitles you to a copy of your records (https://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-062H.html#NRS062HSec025)

Tell them that it's urgent for an "international visa process" and you have only a few days to respond (sorry but we are in a position to fib a little and that's how I got mine by email same day vs. 2wks waiting by mail)! ;)

Wow you’re so resourceful! Yes so that address on Mead is where I went today first and they gave me a organic paper that said I have no record and hand wrote my name and birthday... but it’s not enough, I need that paper certified and court stamped which they don’t do so they sent me to juvenile family services downtown to they’re record department, which sent me to juvenile intake, which sent me to get a new number to wait for the court clerk - but the guy at the desk said I do need records and I should’ve asked for a supervisor .. so a lot of back and forth .. tomorrow I am going back. 

Its funny we think the USCIS is the only department who is not reliable, I learned that was wrong today. Haha.

35 minutes ago, blenheim said:

I hope you're right! Reading the countless people on here that have been waiting 230+ days with no response, along with others breaking up in the process is a reality I have to acknowledge I guess. I tend to find more comfort in worst case scenarios than being blindly positive, but maybe I need some more positivity 😭 

I'm a dual US and EU country citizen so I can live in Norway/EU freely. I am already a registered resident in Norway and even have a bank account... I often wake up and have no idea why I'm here still waiting for this approval in the mail that may come next week, or in three months :( It's sad to read that the Swedish agency is just as bad!! I didn't expect that. Is that the process one goes through for a spousal visa there? Maybe it can be NYC for a bit, and Sweden in the future for you? I went to an immigration office in Norway a few times and was shocked by how well organized they were. Booking appointments online so I didn't have to waste extra time, there was an open question hour timeslot where if you had any questions for X amount of hours once per week you could speak to a real person.

230+ is definitely miserable. I wish that for no one. I recently calculated the average for the five or so Swedish couples that got approved in the past three months. The average was 200, so I’m expecting that. We’ll see how positive I’ll be if I pass 200.

Ah, I figured that. You are so lucky! Do you know how many times we’ve wished that my fiancé had EU citizenship? He was so close too. He’s a fourth generation immigrant, decending from a country that proceeded to join the European Union later on. The correct paperwork was never carried out however.

But, I can see how in this case your dual citizenship makes this situation more complicated as you can always ask youself why you’re staying away from each other when you don’t have to. I’m not sure what your story is, but I look at it like this: my fiancé and I are in the beginning of our careers, no kids, no mortgage, no commitments in general. The best time to be in NYC is now. The best time for stability is later, and when that time comes we may consider Sweden. Maybe you guys were thinking the same thing (but with Norway of course ;))? In that case, you have to do what you have to do.

(And yes, the process I was talking about was the spousal/fiancé one, but it’s actually the same process whether you’re spouses/fiancé(e)s or just planning to cohabitate)

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
7 hours ago, NoProblem said:

I am in this process for 4 years+ due to a few things.  I am doing a second K-1 for my fiance.  I am widowed, I have two younger kids with me, very stable income of comfy 6 fig + , multiple rental properties so its not easy for me to move  else I would have had moved.  I am thinking of moving now since this process is complete bull.  Due to my engagements and kids I cannot travel so easy to Pakistan to see my fiance nor she can travel on visa waiver.  Not before but now I can move out to Pakistan or Dubai for a few years.  If this trend continues we may see brain drain from the US.  USCIS needs to fix their mess and they need to do it soon.

I couldn't agree more about the brain drain. I'm living abroad in a cheap country with my fiance while we wait for the visa. I'm working for a U.S. company but I'm pausing grad school and not paying sales tax or contributing much to the U.S. economy. My fiance wants to start a company in the U.S. and this is all delaying that, not to mention making us feel alienated and unpatriotic. This is the argument I tried to make when I wrote to my senators and representative. But unfortunately, I haven't heard much from them.

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
57 minutes ago, turkishdelight said:

I couldn't agree more about the brain drain. I'm living abroad in a cheap country with my fiance while we wait for the visa. I'm working for a U.S. company but I'm pausing grad school and not paying sales tax or contributing much to the U.S. economy. My fiance wants to start a company in the U.S. and this is all delaying that, not to mention making us feel alienated and unpatriotic. This is the argument I tried to make when I wrote to my senators and representative. But unfortunately, I haven't heard much from them.

The brain drain is incredibly true. I'm fairly young at 22 and we already plan on moving to Canada after a while (my career has started here and it's the best financial decision for us both right now). I can't begin to express how much easier it is to move to Canada. I currently hold a BSBA in economics and plan to have my company pay for my MBA - and that productivity will not be staying here.

Filed K1:             08.03.2017
I-129F NOA1:     08.09.2017
I-129F NOA2:     03.01.2018 

NVC Received:   03.15.2018

NVC Case ##:    03.22.2018

NVC Left:            03.23.2018

Case Ready:       03.27.2018

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Packet 4:             04.10.2018

Medical:              04.24.2018

Interview:           06.06.2018

POE:                    06.22.2018 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

+1on the brain drain -> 26 year old business owner with post-grad degree. You'd think someone like me and my fiancee (also with 2 degrees and wanting to own a business) would be the type of people America would love to keep around, but instead we'll stay here long enough to get married, introduce her to my family, and then both moving back to her country ASAP. Good riddance to the USA!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
Just now, Jaquelly said:

Ah, August!

July filer popping in. I know it's frustrating! It will get to you! It sucks and everything feels like your entire life is out of your hands because of one little piece of paper.

Take it from someone who got their NOA2 after 220 days: IT WILL HAPPEN.

Until then, coffee. If you have a dog, hug it. Try not to focus on the days, focus on your lover, your family and keep yourself sane :)

Here 233 days 😂😂😂😂

On 2/16/2018 at 1:11 PM, KAF said:

Another day. 198 days. 

Don’t really like going to 200 days but whatever.

Did anybody try to talk to a tier 2 operator in the past? How can you do it?

I know they updated their processing times now to aug 1 which is good. But I don’t really want to wait till they reach September before our paper moves. 

I know wait for more days lol. I have been waiting 198 days and most of you I know have been waiting more than that. So yes. If anybody had any experience talking to tier 2, please give me some light. Thank you.

Alot of Silent NOA2s going on. Did you sign up for informed delivery ?  Keep a eye on that mailbox. You may have already been approved but dont know it yet :) 

11 minutes ago, DeepakChani said:

Alot of Silent NOA2s going on. Did you sign up for informed delivery ?  Keep a eye on that mailbox. You may have already been approved but dont know it yet :) 

How to sign for informed delivey? I didn't know that I can ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.