4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Woodrow said:

So So happy today. It seemed like forever. As everyone here knows so well the waiting takes a toll. 

NOA1:  08/15/2017

NOA2:  02/13/2018

The letter was postmarked the 15th. Just received it today in the mail. I did get advanced notice on my informed delivery email this morning but USCIS still shows received. 

Good luck to everyone. 

congrats!  THE 1/2 way mark in August!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ivory Coast
Timeline
9 hours ago, ChuAni said:

Hahahahaha! Just like @EllyNelly.

💖💖💖

Aaaah! Chineke nara ekele!🙏

Great to meet you, nwanne m nwanyi.💖💖😍

Umuada kee ka unu mere?  Nice to meet you all here. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 2/18/2018 at 9:11 PM, Naes said:

Some companies that hire you in japan has that system.

so while searching jobs (we have new graduate hires in bulk here, my company for example hires 700 every year from about 30000 applicants at least)

and the rumor says, the more you checkthe better. So people actually continuously check the website.... just to put that number high 🙄

Sorry I missed this until now!!!

Oh my gosh this doesn't surprise me at all... I speak Japanese and have been to Japan a few times, but never worked there. They have this system in a lot of online games, where you click and do meaningless stuff for special virtual items too. Maybe this is where I got the idea from initially hahaha

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F Sent: 08/15/2017

NOA1: 08/18/2017

NOA2: 02/20/2018 (186 days)

NOA2 Hardcopy Sent: 02/24/2018

USCIS sent to NVC: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/07/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/16/2018

Embassy Received: 03/19/2018

Medical Exam: 03/21/2018

Interview at Stockholm Embassy: 04/12/2018 -- Approved!!

Visa Issued: 04/16/2018

Visa Received: 04/25/2018

POE: 04/27/2018

Married: 05/1/2018

AOS + AP + EAD:
Package Sent: 05/08/2018

NOA1: 05/15/2018

Biometrics: 06/4/2018

EAD/AP Card Being Produced: 9/28/18 (143 days)
EAD/AP Received: 10/4/18

AOS Interview: 09/26/19 (499 days from NOA1) Accepted!
GC Received: 10/16/19

39 minutes ago, Naes said:

You can count from the online update date or the date written on your noa2.

congrats!!

Yes you can. You just need to write at the end a statement that"who translated when and a sentence explaining the person is capable of understanding and translating these languages"

Thanks @Naes so we will count from the date indicated in the letter which is 14th though online still no indication of when did they send out the NOA2. As per NOA 2, we can only update as per instruction on that letter that we can call NVC after 30 days if we have not receive anything yet. So that means NVC will send something again to the petitioner that the documents for visa processing is already moving? Or either way we can call them within 8-10business days from todays date instead so that there is an ample time? Thank you again for your assistance

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, ShawnJayden said:

Thanks @Naes so we will count from the date indicated in the letter which is 14th though online still no indication of when did they send out the NOA2. As per NOA 2, we can only update as per instruction on that letter that we can call NVC after 30 days if we have not receive anything yet. So that means NVC will send something again to the petitioner that the documents for visa processing is already moving? Or either way we can call them within 8-10business days from todays date instead so that there is an ample time? Thank you again for your assistance

You can call NVC after 2 weeks (not business days but calendar days). If you wait for a month they will probably send you the mail before you call them.

so basically noa2 14 can start calling about 24th to 28th

Timeline
10 minutes ago, blenheim said:

Sorry I missed this until now!!!

Oh my gosh this doesn't surprise me at all... I speak Japanese and have been to Japan a few times, but never worked there. They have this system in a lot of online games, where you click and do meaningless stuff for special virtual items too. Maybe this is where I got the idea from initially hahaha

Advice: don't work here 😂😂😂😂

The more Japanese you know the more you suffer here.

I started this "japan" journey at the age of 13... my dad asked everyone is going to west why you're trying to go to east..

i should have listened.

but for travel it is an amazing country!

Timeline
9 hours ago, JDP91 said:

Ahh! Total tangent, but I was wondering why I didn't notice any of the linguistic quirks typical of (East) Asian learners of English in your posts. Mystery solved :jest:

Yep I have this purrrfect Turkish accent instead with all the linguistic weirdness (actually it's pretty similar to Japanese in that way)

Timeline
4 hours ago, Mszitai said:

Hi everyone! 

Does anyone know what number to call and actually speak with a person at USCIS? 

I got an RFE regarding if I had a juvenile record or not long story short , I don’t. But apart of my RFE is asking for a letter that is certified and court stamped so I got the letter but after being at the juvenile services and records they kept pushing me to other departments and eventually to find out they don’t provide certified letters... 

@Naes do you have any advice? I wanted to call USCIS and let them know I can’t obtain a certified letter... or remember the details to write a statement and get it notarized. And after 5 departments checking they have nothing 

BBD970BB-F002-42EE-A797-ADCBD3C9059D.jpeg

Wow honestly no idea.

did you try asking to uscis?

Or did you find anyone with a similar situation?

Timeline
7 hours ago, Ning_15 said:

One requirement upon interview is the updated intent to marry, so we have to change dates that we have send before? Together with 129-f?

Almost same yes- either you can resign the same exact one with a re confirmation or just change the address it is directed to (because now you will give it to the embassy) and sign it with a new date.

Timeline
5 hours ago, DenisAlma said:

Yeah, thats what we were thinking too, after reading it few times, haha, looks like we got second NOA1 for no reason.They have updated date of birth two weeks ago, but we got a letter for that, so I do not really see why this was sent and it gave us mini heart attack.

Uscis 🤦🏻‍♀️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Naes said:

Wow honestly no idea.

did you try asking to uscis?

Or did you find anyone with a similar situation?

@Mszitai - I received same RFE in the mail today (sadly was not an approval but a BLUE paper with RFE request attached) - half expected so I already ordered the ppwk to respond 2ks ago (thank goodness I caught my own error in the ppwk)!!

I don't know how to solve your problem exactly but can tell you what I will do with same issue from an arrest at 18yrs old for underage party in Reno, NV.

1) I requested record from 1998 from the police department by email through the county address (look online for records request of the arresting agency). They mailed it back to me with a stamp and response that there is NO record or one could not be located.

2) I then requested the same from the local municipal court, paid $3.11 by phone, and they emailed me the same type of document called a "purging" response (as in they delete everything after 7yrs older than 2003 records in the digital age). It cannot be certified because they say "there's nothing to certify" and that's the end of that. 

3) I will attached all documents (request, receipt and court response) along with payment receipt for the $3.11 and my written statement of the arrest, location, agencies, no contest plea and $200 fine.

I will have the package (or statement) notarized tmrw and sent back immediately.

I will then call the USCIS line and request a TIER 2 agent exactly 5-business days after sending to confirm receipt and explain that I have a "unique case" where I was only able to provide a portion of the request (but hope that the balance will suffice) due to US local and/or state law that prevented them from retaining those records. They can then ask any questions, advise further or refer me for a call back if the adjudicator needs additional information. 

I hope this helps and good luck - it's a good reminder for all the kids out there to NOT BREAK THE LAW AT ANY AGE or you must pay in the weirdest ways throughout your lifetime! ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, IndiaAnnie said:

I hope this helps and good luck - it's a good reminder for all the kids out there to NOT BREAK THE LAW AT ANY AGE or you must pay in the weirdest ways throughout your lifetime! ;)

Aint that the truth! :rolleyes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.