4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, NICK & PAULA said:

Baby, you forgot the smileys! Lol! :D

Alright lovelies, we all support each other here. We completely understand what everyone is feeling right now especially for the people who are still waiting like me and see dates after my date getting approved. I was here since the  May thread, too so I know these things happen every dang month. It's how things work in the uscis office and I am totally fine with it because i know that they'll be back for my case. So, spread the love guys! kisses and hugs to everyone! :wub:

No i didn't and I don't care.

was in the site so not new! And now it finally hit this person that this is a problem to reveal??? And calling me selfish? 

I call that bs!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, C.&A. said:

Just called uscis and talked to tier1 then was transferred to tier2: they don't know why our case wasn't touched. we've been patient and wait but i guess, we've waited long enough, so we called and the only resolution:  FILED A SERVICE REQUEST and to wait for another 14 days. 

We got our NOA1 = August 1 btw. 

So frustrating :( can somebody tell me what's wrong? 

We're an Aug 9th, USCIS just doesn't work completely in order.. Right now it seems like they're trying to get average times down. If it helps, Aug 9th (one of the dates with the fewest filers, for what it's worth), was barely touched last week. If it's any consolation, the faster they get to months ahead of us, the faster we can submit proper inquiries :) 

Filed K1:             08.03.2017
I-129F NOA1:     08.09.2017
I-129F NOA2:     03.01.2018 

NVC Received:   03.15.2018

NVC Case ##:    03.22.2018

NVC Left:            03.23.2018

Case Ready:       03.27.2018

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Packet 4:             04.10.2018

Medical:              04.24.2018

Interview:           06.06.2018

POE:                    06.22.2018 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, kas634 said:

We're an Aug 9th, USCIS just doesn't work completely in order.. Right now it seems like they're trying to get average times down. If it helps, Aug 9th (one of the dates with the fewest filers, for what it's worth), was barely touched last week. If it's any consolation, the faster they get to months ahead of us, the faster we can submit proper inquiries :) 

@kas634
Still rooting for you fellow August 9th er!
Hoping your approval is coming in the mail soonest like mine which surprisingly showed up yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dorena27 said:

I don't know the order nor the problems but what I do know is a fact is a fact and need I say no more. Sorry that you got so defensive over me clearly stating that there has to be a better way. My intentions was never to offend anyone just clearly stating how I felt. But debating back and forth is solving nothing. It is what it is! 

"Facts Don't Matter Because not all facts are equal" - Scott Adams

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
21 minutes ago, kas634 said:

Congrats!! Surprisingly, passing 200 days has made me the calmest I've been in this whole process. Even rude Tier 2 USCIS ladies don't get to me anymore 

Yessssssssssss
U go girl! That's the spirit!
we all know USCIS be playing games with their "within processing times" blah blah blah stories

I was at 201 days when I got my reply yesterday and I was pretty calm before I checked my mailbox (though I did run up the stairs screaming like a crazy person cuz the envelope said 1/1)
Because at that point, it's only a matter of time. We waited 7 months, what's another week? Lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
6 minutes ago, PJN&MMR said:

"Facts Don't Matter Because not all facts are equal" - Scott Adams

Exactly.   Nearly every one of our cases is at least slightly different.   Some are more complicated and require more checks.  Others are simple and can be completed more quickly.

Prior Divorce Decrees, prior Arrest Records, prior K1 submissions, dependent children, and prior entries into the US are just a few of the factors that the I-129F questions the petitioner about and likely factor in the amount of time and effort required to determine if approval will be granted.  For a couple with clean police records, no prior marriages, and no children I would assume they are going to move more quickly.   Additionally, the quality of the information included with the I-129F submission will impact the amount of time and effort required by the adjudicator.  I have read about cases were required documents were incomplete or missing, or claims of 200 pages of documentation were submitted.  Every page of documentation and every photo included needs to be examined.   Additionally,  some beneficiaries are from countries with higher rates of Visa abuse.  As a necessity, they will likely be scrutinized more closely.

So, approving a K1 petition is not like purchasing a movie ticket.   Every case is different and some are much more complicated.    Think of it as a car race.   Some cars are going to move more quickly and cross the finish line first.   Someone is going to be in the slowest car and come in last.   It is just the way it works.

Here is to wishing everyone still waiting that you are in a fast car!  :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, kas634 said:

Congrats!! Surprisingly, passing 200 days has made me the calmest I've been in this whole process. Even rude Tier 2 USCIS ladies don't get to me anymore 

I'm expecting a similar wisdom... that settles in after 200.... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, kas634 said:

Awww. did you try calling uscis?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.