Pearlz555

Failed second interview for US Citizenship.

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Trying to find any info on our situation....My mom didn't pass second interview for US citizenship and the reason is English (she didn't pass first interview for the same reason). What can be our next step? She is 68 years old, been in US for 13 years as a Permanent Resident. About 15 years ago she had multiple surgeries back in Ukraine. During one of them she had clinical death and lost a lot of memories. Since then she has difficulties to remember a lot of information. She tried to study very hard, she was studying everything day and night for the last 6 month. She passed the history, reading and writing tests, but failed English. What can we do next? 

6 minutes ago, Pearlz555 said:

Trying to find any info on our situation....My mom didn't pass second interview for US citizenship and the reason is English (she didn't pass first interview for the same reason). What can be our next step? She is 68 years old, been in US for 13 years as a Permanent Resident. About 15 years ago she had multiple surgeries back in Ukraine. During one of them she had clinical death and lost a lot of memories. Since then she has difficulties to remember a lot of information. She tried to study very hard, she was studying everything day and night for the last 6 month. She passed the history, reading and writing tests, but failed English. What can we do next? 

Study more, their isn't really any other option. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Any reason she is no desperate? She can stay a PR as long as she lives.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yeah....I am not sure why she is pursuing citizenship now. since is a PR, she can just stay. 

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Timeline

She is disability person since Ukraine, but have no disability status in US. To get all medical papers for disability in US its thousands of dollars from my pocket that I don't have. She needs medical insurance here, since she is not getting any younger. And the only way to get insurance it's become US citizen.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

As Databit suggested, it is probably the simplest way. By merely communicating only in one language it helps the other become more fluent. By always going abck and forth between languages never really helps one become fluent in another. It may be difficult at first; but it is worth a try.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Pearlz555 said:

She is disability person since Ukraine, but have no disability status in US. To get all medical papers for disability in US its thousands of dollars from my pocket that I don't have. She needs medical insurance here, since she is not getting any younger. And the only way to get insurance it's become US citizen.  

what insurance are you referring to?  You can purchase insurance regardless of your immigration status. 

Filed: Timeline
Just now, Pearlz555 said:

How long has she been an LPR? If more than 10 years (or over 40 qualifying quarters), I don't see why she can't have government assistance without you or her sponsor being in the hole for it.

Insurance isn't dependent on citizenship status. Anyone can purchase insurance. She can get insurance with her LPR status.

You talk you teach, you listen you learn

Filed: Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

As Databit suggested, it is probably the simplest way. By merely communicating only in one language it helps the other become more fluent. By always going abck and forth between languages never really helps one become fluent in another. It may be difficult at first; but it is worth a try.

True. You only master a language when you can think in the language. 

You talk you teach, you listen you learn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Insurance should have nothing to do with her LPR status. There are only really a few things LPRs can't do that naturalized citizens can do (although all those things are rather important), but insurance shouldn't be one of them.

Study and practice English, re-apply and try again. The English test is probably one of the major reasons why many LPRs never get citizenship in the end, and just stick with being an LPR for the rest of their lives.

03-19-2021: Officially an American Citizen 🇺🇸 Entire journey from initial K-1 Visa filing to Naturalization took 5 years, 8 days.

You can see my complete timeline by clicking here.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, mcdull said:

what insurance are you referring to?  You can purchase insurance regardless of your immigration status. 

Yes, I know.... We tried... In SC the cheapest medical insurance from state $800 a month.... I cannot afford it.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ManCharsey said:

How long has she been an LPR? If more than 10 years (or over 40 qualifying quarters), I don't see why she can't have government assistance without you or her sponsor being in the hole for it.

Insurance isn't dependent on citizenship status. Anyone can purchase insurance. She can get insurance with her LPR status.

We went to apply for state insurance and were denied because i sponsored her. I was told, until she becomes a citizen, I will have to pay all her medical expenses.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.