Laurel0708

Did You Get The TLC Casting Call?

76 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hey,

I got a VisaJourney PM about the casting call for the 90 day marriage VISA show on TLC. I want to see if this is something they just mass sent out to all the profiles on here, or if they really did see something interesting in my profile.

Thanks!

Met: 09/14/2013

Started Dating: 02/09/2014

Began Long Distance Relationship: 02/13/2014

I moved to Costa Rica: 01/15/2015

My parents visited and he proposed: 06/29/2016

Packet Sent: 07/01/2016

NOA1: 07/05/2016

NOA2: 08/25/2016

NVC Tracking number: 09/12/2016

Medical: 09/28/2016

Interview: 10/11/2016

POE: 10/28/2016

Wedding: 1/6/17 !!!!!

AOS and EAD Packet Sent: 1/18/17

NOA1: 1/23/17

Bio Appointment: 2/27/17

Timeline

they did that to me back in 2013 they actually sent post to everyone that year. If its something you might be interested in go for it :dancing:

K1 approved 06/13/2013

AOS approved 02/12/2014
ROC approved 09/14/2016

DIVORCED 01/10/2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I'm only interested if it will pay well. With my fiance unable to work and us having to pay AOS fees and move out on our own, I am willing to do something if it compensates well. Did anyone ever find out how much?

Met: 09/14/2013

Started Dating: 02/09/2014

Began Long Distance Relationship: 02/13/2014

I moved to Costa Rica: 01/15/2015

My parents visited and he proposed: 06/29/2016

Packet Sent: 07/01/2016

NOA1: 07/05/2016

NOA2: 08/25/2016

NVC Tracking number: 09/12/2016

Medical: 09/28/2016

Interview: 10/11/2016

POE: 10/28/2016

Wedding: 1/6/17 !!!!!

AOS and EAD Packet Sent: 1/18/17

NOA1: 1/23/17

Bio Appointment: 2/27/17

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Word on the street (internet) is it pays like $5k and only after all episodes air. Hardly worth putting your life out there for producers to do whatever they want. They will twist and manipulate your image to make good TV.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Yes they pay $5,000 and write pretty much everybody in here.

You have to allow them to edit as they want to so you REALLY have to think about it as it can hurt you and your fiancé in the future because people see that show so just with future work and all that!

And since they seem to only look for "odd" couples now then I'm not sure you should hope they have found something interesting in your profile ;)

Edited by Georgia16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Yes they pay $5,000 and write pretty much everybody in here.

You have to allow them to edit as they want to so you REALLY have to think about it as it can hurt you and your fiancé in the future because people see that show so just with future work and all that!

This. Once something selectively edited is out there, there is no taking it back.

I wouldn't do it.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

They script what you say and how you act. Go back and read the reviews people who were on the show said. It is not good. Some relationships didn't last after the stress was put on them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

They aired a show of USC going to meet her financee in Morocco

The show caaused the couple not to receive K1 as she was wearing shorts and T shirt and hung onto her finacee telling his mother she loved him

all very imappropiate for Morocco and showed the man did not inform her of customs and she did not take the time to ask

u

out of respect for the man's family and the country the girl should have kept her arms and legs covered

and no hugging and kissing in front of people

they do see tourists as in bathing suits on the beach but they are not there to marry

i feel if you are not able to show real relationship as in knowing all you can on such a program, don't do it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

They aired a show of USC going to meet her financee in Morocco

The show caaused the couple not to receive K1 as she was wearing shorts and T shirt and hung onto her finacee telling his mother she loved him

all very imappropiate for Morocco and showed the man did not inform her of customs and she did not take the time to ask

u

out of respect for the man's family and the country the girl should have kept her arms and legs covered

and no hugging and kissing in front of people

they do see tourists as in bathing suits on the beach but they are not there to marry

i feel if you are not able to show real relationship as in knowing all you can on such a program, don't do it

I almost died when I saw that. LOL My fiance would have killed me behind closed doors if I ever pulled that!! I brought a sleeveless shirt with me there. He asked me where I was putting it hahaha

I also surprised that the TLC production crew members did not prep her with the Morocco local culture, after all they are filming them there.

Maybe all they care is Drama :devil:

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.