Islanderk

abused, pregnant,and left and went back home before the green was mailed.

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

why would you want to live here? you have nothing or no one and no means to get it. You have no health insurance so you would have to pay cash for the pregnacy visits and birth. You do not qualify for welfare or any help from the government. And why on EARTH would you consider leaving your daughter behind????

What would you be trying to 'win' and what would you be fighting for? As others have mentioned before me, you are better off where you are, safe with your kids. You know now whom your husband really is and you probably cannot change him. Accept that it didn't work out and move on. Rebuild your life there and focus on your kids for now; everything else should be secondary.

Consulate: South Africa
Married: 2011-06-25
I-130 Sent: 2011-07-22
I-130 NOA1: 2011-07-25
I-130 Approved: 2011-07-27
Receive I-864 Package: 2011-11-10
Return Completed I-864: 2011-11-14
Packet 3 Received: 2011-11-10
Packet 3 Sent: 2011-11-10
Packet 4 Received: 2011-11-15
Interview Date: 2011-11-30
Interview Result: Approved
Visa Received: 2011-12-06
US Entry: 2012-01-11
Port of Entry: San Francisco

ROC I-751 Filed: 2013-12-19

NOA1: 2013-12-23

Biometrics: 2014-01-16

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Morning. Thanks for all the reply. Had I myself had all the answers I wouldn't have brought my personal information onto this forum. So please no need to chew me up and spit me out for asking what direction I should take. Never in a million years I thought I'd been in a situation that I am In today. I'm highly sensitive to the situation because my life was strip away from me. And yes I'm an adult with common sense but this situation has taught me a great deal. I asked for advice because a lot of chirping in my ears and im being spun in all sorts of direction. Personally I never dreamed of a us green card or even marrying a USA citizen but guess what it happened and it was HELL on earth hence I took my ### back to where I'm from. For the people who's telling me to go back and fight they are my USA relatives who happens to be a legal attorney. I am fearful I really don't want to do it so hence I came here for advice from people who went through the process and to find out if I should do it. And for "why would you leave your child!" With your nose up in the air. How many had to leave their kids behind to get sorted out to then send for their kids? It shouldn't be something new or unheard of! Thanks for all the well though of criticism!

Timeline

Don't get back to him it will never change... Stay in your home country with your daughter and stay healthy and happy.

No one deserves to be treated bad!

i agree thank you so much. That's what I want to do but legal advice is saying otherwise but she's family so I'm not to keen on it because she might be talking about it from a hurt family stand point. Im just broken and confused.

Timeline

Why on earth do you want to go back to the USA? Go back to what? You were living in a shelter there. Is that what you want? People in your home country are telling you to go back to have the baby there so that the baby will be a US citizen (they probably don't realise that the baby will be a USC even if he or she is born out of the country because the father is a USC and they probably also think that an American baby = green card for you - a lot of people who have not gone through this process believe that).

Stay in your home country and stay safe. Nothing is worth being abused for. And that includes a green card.

my thing is I do not know anything about immigrating and baby and green card. Where Im from I see it happen but never undersood how the immigrants get sorted out my country isn't poor so I never had the desire to flee (thank God for that) and as for citizenship for the baby I do think it rightfully deserves it I know the procedure and if I rely on my husband to do it, I might as well keep the one bird in my hand because it most definitely is worth more than the 2 in the bush

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well here's is my advice: You should do what you want to do, not what others are telling you to do. And in both your first post and this post you say that you never wanted to come to the US. So you already have your answer.

We have an answer this thread can be closed.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

For the people who's telling me to go back and fight they are my USA relatives who happens to be a legal attorney.

Let me get this straight.... Your "USA relatives" are your in-laws? And they are telling you to come back and fight your case? And one of them is an attorney? Where were they when you were being beaten black and blue? Where were they when you had to go to a shelter?

I'd hang my head in shame if ANY relative or friend of mine was being abused and ended up in a shelter. I'd offer her my living room floor to sleep on before I'd watch anyone I know going to a shelter. And there are children involved too. Even more shameful that they have done nothing.

This man is lucky you haven't had him arrested. Domestic violence is a very serious matter. I cannot believe that an attorney has sat back and watched a woman who is related to him have to take herself and a young child to a shelter because she is being abused. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour.

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Maybe they want you to come back so you give birth in US and after that won't be able to leave with the baby and have to leave without?? Just saying.

As for a lawyer I cannot afford it because i lost everything when o moved and he made sure i had nothing and depended on him alone. I'm not in the USA where I can get free legal aid.

How much would your relative who is an attorney charge you?

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Join the VAWA thread part 7.You still can file VAWA living abroad if you can prove that you fled from abuse.

We had in the VAWA thread part 1/7 several cases like yours and many of them are back in the USA with GC. One of the girls that I helped with her VAWA case she left behind two children for 2 years, then she joined the U.S Army, works as a nurse and her children are here now, another one left 4 children behind for a few months and now she has a great job and all kids are here as well,both filed VAWA abroad.

Join the VAWA thread part 7.You still can file VAWA living abroad if you can prove that you fled from abuse.

We had in the VAWA thread part 1/7 several cases like yours and many of them are back in the USA with GC. One of the girls that I helped with her VAWA case she left behind two children for 2 years, then she joined the U.S Army, works as a nurse and her children are here now, another one left 4 children behind for a few months and now she has a great job and all kids are here as well,both filed VAWA abroad.

You do amazing work. Thank you for helping these ladies

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You're the only one in on this thread that seems to not be judgemental of OP's situation. May the Lord continue to bless you for all the good that you do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.