Sarah_Marcus

receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,152 posts in this topic

My mother's timeline:

02/07/2020 - Paid the fee.

02/17/2020 - Entered the USA.

06/15/2020 - Card being produced (119 days since arrival).

06/25/2020 - Card was mailed.

06/29/2020 - Card in hand.

M.H.

17 hours ago, lady3jane said:

at this point, i think you should put a congressional inquiry through your senator or congressman. Our petition got lost after been approved for 6 months, we were given the same run around, made us lose 6 more  months in the process. As soon as  we filed with our  congressman’s office and privacy release forms , the petition reappeared in the field office in about 10 days. We also filed with ombudsman, super slow and no use. 

i am pretty sure i am in the same boat.
I am the non-USC spouse

Paid fee on March 14, 2020

POE  JFK March 19th, 2020

USCIS status never changed from “ fee received” as of today

i have a feeling it’s the Texas Processing Center. 

I am waiting for the 120 days to pass, at this point I know nothing will happen on its own and I doubt any inquiries with USCIS will yield any results other than a throbbing headache. After the first inquiry i will put just to go through the motions , i am heading straight to the congressional inquiry route. i strongly recommend you to do the same. They have to answer to the representative’s office in about 48 hours by law.  

Seems like you have exhausted all the options, bringing in your representative’s office should set things in motion.

Best luck! 

Thanks for your suggestion. I've heard of the Ombudsman process, but I don't know much about the congressman/senator path. Is there an 'official' process for this? Or how did you go about making this filing?

We received more frustrating news a few weeks ago because they told us to schedule an appointment to remake the packet, but they won't schedule one for us because they're 'emergency only' right now. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, can2us_ said:

Thanks for your suggestion. I've heard of the Ombudsman process, but I don't know much about the congressman/senator path. Is there an 'official' process for this? Or how did you go about making this filing?

We received more frustrating news a few weeks ago because they told us to schedule an appointment to remake the packet, but they won't schedule one for us because they're 'emergency only' right now. 

You find out who your reps are based on your residential address, for instance we have two senators and a congressman representing us. Since it’s NY with a high flux of immigrants, both senators’ offices were slammed so we went with our congressman, who was Republican and even not- incumbent due to some insider trading. Their political affiliation does not matter much since this is legal immigration, they usually have someone in their office to specifically help with immigration matters. So you find out who your congressman / senator is and pick one with less foot traffic, most reps have privacy release forms online , which you can fill out and explain in detail which federal agency you are having issues with, in our case it is USCIS. Once you sign and  fax / hand in these privacy release forms, the person in their office will put an official inquiry with the said agency. They usually have if i’m not mistaken 48 hours  to give your representative an actual answer. In our case, it was basically what the hell they did with our approved petition and why they did not forward it to NVC as they were supposed to in 30 days or less. 

Now in your case and mine in very near future probably, the issue is they failed to produce and mail the green card,  they dragged their feet to inform you why that is in a reasonable timeframe, now if i’m not mistaken, they say they “lost the packet” and again refuse to give you an appointment to rectify the situation and produce the said card. Now they have the Covid excuse, but believe me  this is how they operate. 

One last note, If you got your SSn card in mail and manage to get a state ID with your visa on passport and other documents such as lease, bills etc, that should sort out at least the employment aspect of your life. State Id and ssn card should be enough for your future or current employer. You don’t need to show anybody your passport or plastic green card necessarily for that purpose. International travel, border crossing might be a different issue altogether.

Keep us posted.  I am bracing myself to have this exact nightmare to play out yet again. I know exactly how this feels,  calling it Kafkaesque is an understatement.  

Edited by lady3jane

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

When Hubris calls, now you know who answers. 

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC Received Case : 10/02/2019  ( 139 DAYS 💀 )

NVC Case Number Created: 10/31/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

AOS  completed: 11/17/2019

IV  completed: 11/24/2019

DQ:  01/03/2020

Interview Date: 02/25/2020

Issued: 02/27/2020

Visa at Hand: 03/02/2020

Entered the country : 03/19/2020

NOT received GC  💀 120 day period is over -  

USCIS Status stuck at Immigration Fee Received 
First Inquiry by phone: 7/29/2020 —  30 day wait for response. 
Filed for  Change of Address form online : 8/27/20

“Receipt Received” and My “Recent Inquiry“ 9/1/20 — acknowledged the change of address and informed me the card is in production and will be sent in 30 days.
Status changed to “Card is being Produced” : 9/4/20

”Card was Mailed to Me” : 9/11/20

Received PRC on 9/16/20 in new address

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

B0E5D3F3-5AF8-403D-BFFC-B81F425178AF.jpeg

12 hours ago, lady3jane said:

You find out who your reps are based on your residential address, for instance we have two senators and a congressman representing us. Since it’s NY with a high flux of immigrants, both senators’ offices were slammed so we went with our congressman, who was Republican and even not- incumbent due to some insider trading. Their political affiliation does not matter much since this is legal immigration, they usually have someone in their office to specifically help with immigration matters. So you find out who your congressman / senator is and pick one with less foot traffic, most reps have privacy release forms online , which you can fill out and explain in detail which federal agency you are having issues with, in our case it is USCIS. Once you sign and  fax / hand in these privacy release forms, the person in their office will put an official inquiry with the said agency. They usually have if i’m not mistaken 48 hours  to give your representative an actual answer. In our case, it was basically what the hell they did with our approved petition and why they did not forward it to NVC as they were supposed to in 30 days or less. 

Now in your case and mine in very near future probably, the issue is they failed to produce and mail the green card,  they dragged their feet to inform you why that is in a reasonable timeframe, now if i’m not mistaken, they say they “lost the packet” and again refuse to give you an appointment to rectify the situation and produce the said card. Now they have the Covid excuse, but believe me  this is how they operate. 

One last note, If you got your SSn card in mail and manage to get a state ID with your visa on passport and other documents such as lease, bills etc, that should sort out at least the employment aspect of your life. State Id and ssn card should be enough for your future or current employer. You don’t need to show anybody your passport or plastic green card necessarily for that purpose. International travel, border crossing might be a different issue altogether.

Keep us posted.  I am bracing myself to have this exact nightmare to play out yet again. I know exactly how this feels,  calling it Kafkaesque is an understatement.  

Thanks so much for the detailed advice! We'll keep you updated if we go this route.

Timeline
On 6/24/2020 at 1:16 PM, gaga520 said:

POE - 3/7 SFO

still "in Process"

did not get my SSN neither my green card.....

Just got "Card is being Produced" this morning.

It took 115 days  to get into " Card is being Produced " status and it seems we have to wait longer time but eventually we will get it through.

Hi I am following this group. I have noticed many of you passed 120 days. Since they cut off so many visa applications, lottery winners etc, I hope it will not take forever for us immediate relatives. 

Paid fee - June, 18

POE - June, 20

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 6/28/2020 at 1:01 PM, ljujas2019 said:

Hi everyone! I wanted to update you on this matter. The case status on USCIS now reads "Card is being produced", so for those of you who also waited since January - this is good news for you too! It has now been about 1,5-2 weeks with this status, but the card has not been sent out/ received yet, but I am just happy it is finally being produced haha! Have a great day all of you!

New update! I just got an e-mail from USCIS that my green card has been mailed and should arrive at my address very shortly. In case I do not receive it before July 22, I have to contact USCIS, the e-mail reads.

Good luck to everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 6/30/2020 at 11:14 AM, gaga520 said:

Just got "Card is being Produced" this morning.

It took 115 days  to get into " Card is being Produced " status and it seems we have to wait longer time but eventually we will get it through.

@gaga520 @exp23 @ljujas2019 For those who got their “Card being Produced” notifications after mid-June, the amount of time it takes to get the card printed and mailed out has now increased from the prior 2-5 business days to 25-40 business days per my congressional liaison

Here’s an article also summarizing what happened- basically the USCIS let lapsed the card printing contract with their external vendor mid-June hoping to transition the external print volume to 2 internal print facilities

However with the looming $600M deficit, they could not hire print workers for the internal facilities- shutting down 1 (Corbin KY) and reducing volume significantly at the only remaining print facility

My congressional liaison confirmed this as well when I reached out to see why I have not received a PR green  card sent to production printing queue in mid-July

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/how-the-trump-administration-is-turning-legal-immigrants-into-undocumented-ones/2020/07/09/15c1cbf6-c203-11ea-9fdd-b7ac6b051dc8_story.html

Edited by ultrasoul

I-130 JOURNEY FOR 2020 Minor Child of LPR (F2A Online Application, MNL Consular Processing)

07/29/20 Online Filing for I-130, Same day Priority date 
07/31/20 Paper NOA1 mailed by USCIS, received on 08/03/20

07/31/20, 08/15/20, 09/01,20 Expedite Requests denied three times (self-submission and congressman outreach)

09/28/20: I-130 Approved by USCIS, received mailed NOA2 on 10/01/20

10/01/20: NVC electronically receives I-130 petition from USCIS, generates NVC case & invoice number, paid all NVC fees same day

10/05/19: CEAC ready for document uploads

TBD: Waiting for NBI Police Clearance to complete all upload of NVC docs

I-130 JOURNEY FOR 2019 Parent of USC (IR-5 Paper Application, MNL Consular Processing)

01/18/19 NOA1 I-130 (Priority Date)

08/02/19 Called USCIS to expedite I-130 after 196 days pending,  emailed expedite evidence 08/06/1,  expedite approved 08/09/19

08/13/19: I-130 Approved by USCIS, USCIS sent petition file to NVC 08/29/19 

09/09/19: NVC receives I-130 petition from USCISgenerates case & invoice number on 10/03/19 (paid all NVC fees same day)

10/07/19: CEAC ready for document uploads (AOS and IV documents uploaded to CEAC same day)

11/25/19: NVC Case Complete, NVC emails interview schedules interview on 12/18/19 for 01/06/20

01/06/20: IR-5 Interview in Manila Philippines embassy (MNL); forgot original signed I-864 resulted in 221GUSEM receives original signed I-864 via 2GO courier on 02/04/20
3/4/20: Immigrant Visa Issued by USEM, 2GO carrier picked up passport from USEM 3/6/20 and delivers to residence on 3/10/20

6/10/20: US POE

6/13/20: SSN card mailed date by SSA, delivered to residence on 6/18/20

7/3/20: LPR Green Card ordered, Production on 7/24/20, Mailed by USCIS on 7/27/20, delivered to residence on 7/29/20

I-130/ I-485 JOURNEY FOR 2019 Parent of USC (IR-5 Paper Application)

01/18/19: NOA1 Received I-130 (priority date, was not concurrently filed with I-485 as we were not sure if we were going to CP or AOS)

06/19/19: USPS receives I-485 package to lockbox (priority date); 06/24/19: Credit card charged ,  USCIS mails out NOA1 06/25/19 with receipt numbers (assigned to MSC National Benefits center),  Received NOA1 from USPS (07/02/19:)

07/05/19:  USCIS mailsout biometrics appointment notice with appointment date for 07/24/19, Received biometrics notice letter from USPS 07/11/19
07/12/19: Walk-in biometrics completed

07/18/19: Called USCIS to expedite EADReceived mailed USCIS instructions on where to fax expedite evidence from USPS 07/26/19 Faxed requested evidence for EAD expedite  07/27/19
07/31/19: USCIS approves EAD I-765 and Advanced Parole I-131, USCIS mails out combo EAD/ AP card 08/02/19, Received combo EAD/ AP card via USPS Priority Mail 08/07/19

08/08/19: I-485 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
08/26/19: I-130 Approved (NOA2) by USCIS

12/10/19: FO sends out I-485 interview appointment details for 01/28/20 interview date 

02/06/20: I-485 case approved and NOA2 mailed
02/05/20: Green card ordered, Production and mailed 02/10/20, delivered to residence on 
02/12/20

Timeline
20 hours ago, ultrasoul said:

@gaga520 @exp23 @ljujas2019 For those who got their “Card being Produced” notifications after mid-June, the amount of time it takes to get the card printed and mailed out has now increased from the prior 2-5 business days to 25-40 business days per my congressional liaison

Here’s an article also summarizing what happened- basically the USCIS let lapsed the card printing contract with their external vendor mid-June hoping to transition the external print volume to 2 internal print facilities

However with the looming $600M deficit, they could not hire print workers for the internal facilities- shutting down 1 (Corbin KY) and reducing volume significantly at the only remaining print facility

My congressional liaison confirmed this as well when I reached out to see why I have not received a PR green  card sent to production printing queue in mid-July

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/how-the-trump-administration-is-turning-legal-immigrants-into-undocumented-ones/2020/07/09/15c1cbf6-c203-11ea-9fdd-b7ac6b051dc8_story.html

Many Thanks for the information.

I think we have to wait more patiently and keep our fingers crossed. 

On 7/12/2020 at 1:37 PM, ultrasoul said:

How sad😩😭. I entered the country June, 20, card changed “being produced” July 10, I was so happy. I was refreshing the app every hour the entire week and now this.... we pay so much money to support them and still can’t get a smooth service 

On 7/2/2020 at 2:41 PM, Iscir said:

So today it's day 121 since POE. I did a live chat with an USCIS agent and they did an inquiry for me, and told me I should receive a reply in 15-30 days. Hopefully I receive good news 😢

I also sent an inquiry through the USCIS portal and was told the same, that it would be forwarded for review. Husband's POE date March 4, 2020. Looks like we will be waiting a while longer with the production delays, though. Arghhh... is nothing in this process smooth?

On 7/18/2020 at 7:07 AM, snowdog said:

I also sent an inquiry through the USCIS portal and was told the same, that it would be forwarded for review. Husband's POE date March 4, 2020. Looks like we will be waiting a while longer with the production delays, though. Arghhh... is nothing in this process smooth?

Hi there my POE in March 13,did a live chat on the 121st day of entry. Also did an inquiry and open a service request. I was told that my biometrics is missing so I have to redo and ASC will send a mail with my appointment. Its live rep that confirmed the status of my residence card that somehow biometrics is missing so card didn't changed status. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.