receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,149 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, SenoJ said:

They're still at work.

April 03 card being produced 

April 07 card was mailed 

April 08 card was picked up by USPS, and is expected to be delivered tomorrow. 

20200409_115709.jpg

Nice congrats. Do mind saying how long from POE to this time where you waiting? My old case status states that the payment was received and that's that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
18 minutes ago, SenoJ said:

They're still at work.

April 03 card being produced 

April 07 card was mailed 

April 08 card was picked up by USPS, and is expected to be delivered tomorrow. 

20200409_115709.jpg

Lucky you, mine went into production on April 2nd and still not mailed :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Green card in hand, happy to be at the end it's been a long journey.

September 2017 married 

07 June 2019 interview , case was put in administrative process

25 June 2019 second interview, stroke interview 

23 July 2019 Visa issued 

06 Oct 2019 POE JFK  delayed entry for the two years to pass

03 April 2020 card being produced after 2 inquiries 

10 April 2010, green card in hand IR1 10 years. Happy 😃😀😂😁

Adding my wife's status:

Oct 21: Paid fee

Nov 2: POE

March 2: 120 days, called and opened SR with USCIS

April 3: SR was never assigned to agent, so called again. Agent opened a higher priority SR

April 6: Case assigned to agent for response

Today (Apr 10): Still haven't heard anything. Case is still in "Immigrant Visa Fee Payment Received"... 5+ months and waiting...

3 minutes ago, can2us_ said:

Adding my wife's status:

April 3: SR was never assigned to agent, so called again. Agent opened a higher priority SR

Today (Apr 10): Still haven't heard anything. Case is still in "Immigrant Visa Fee Payment Received"... 5+ months and waiting...

What is your wife's POE?

Timeline

So I have an update, on April 10 the status changed again to card is being produced, I don't know why they "Produced" it twice, Today I finally got an update that the card was mailed to me. now I am waiting. No tracking number yet.

Edited by brendaaa

Update on my wife's status:

April 15: Received an email saying they need more time, and if we don't hear back in 90 days to call again.

So here we are approaching 6 months, and they just told us to wait 3 more months with no additional information...

Timeline

I finally received my GC today! 

Here is the timeline:

December 2Paid Fee

February 15: POE (Newark , delayed entry for 2 years to pass)   

February 24: SSN came in the mail

April 2: Card is being produced

April 10: Card is being produced (again?)

April 14: Card was mailed to me

April 15: Card was picked up by USPS (tracking number was provided)

April 16: Card arrived! :)

This nightmare is finally over!

For anyone who is thinking about changing the address before the card arrives, I changed my address on April 3rd, hoping this would make the card arrive at our new apartment, but I was okay with the card arriving at my husbands parents house, but since they live pretty far away I took a chance and changed the address knowing this might not work. I chatted the next day with a representative via Ask Emma and verified the address because I saw it was changed on my profile but the apartment number was missing, the representative said that he can see the apartment number and everything is okay.  I had a bad feeling and submitted the AR-11 form again. the next day the apartment number disappeared from my profile again. so I verified again with a representative and  they again said everything was okay.

Fast forward to today, I got a text message from USPS saying that the envelope was delivered, I went downstairs and the doorman said he can't find the envelope, it was also not in the mailbox. 

10 minutes later he called me and said he found the envelope and it had a wrong apartment number on it, it was my husbands parents apartment number (the old address) and not ours.

So if you want to change the address and you are living in an apartment, you should know that there's a glitch that they don't change the apartment number (if you see the apt number vanish from your profile this means they messed up and make sure to contact USCIS to verify) but they do change the address very fast, almost immediately, I guess it's done automatically nowadays.   

Edited by brendaaa

After 6 months of wait, status has finally changed to "Card Is Being Produced"

Here is my timeline:

Fee Paid: 16 July 2019

POE: 18 Oct 2019 (JFK)

Card Produced: 18 April 2020

Tips for people waiting for Card:

1. Create Service Request with USCIS (I created 2 tickets)

2. Call USCIS and ask to speak with tier-2 supervisor 

3. Check status with Chat representatives. (Personally, i feel these are the most helpful people in USCIS )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.