Sarah_Marcus

receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,149 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

It is very odd. What's even stranger is that the reason they gave us for my daughter's SSN not arriving was that apparently there is somebody else in the US with exactly the same name and same DOB as her, so they just decided it must be a mistake as this other person couldn't need another SSN. The idea of two people having the same details and each needing their own SSN clearly hadn't occurred to them. 🙄😂 

Omg, that is quite the story! Couldn't they figure out that your daughter being a *new* immigrant meant that she could not be the other person with the same name and DOB? I guess their system isn't that sophisticated. :D

3 minutes ago, InaneTripe said:

Omg, that is quite the story! Couldn't they figure out that your daughter being a *new* immigrant meant that she could not be the other person with the same name and DOB? I guess their system isn't that sophisticated. :D

Clearly not! Different addresses etc didn't register either. 😂 

Good luck with yours, I would think now it won't turn up before the 90 days but maybe they'll surprise us. And if you do have to wait, I hope they get it sorted quickly for you.

Edited by appleblossom

Timeline

Clearly not! Different addresses etc didn't register either. 😂 

Good luck with yours, I would think now it won't turn up before the 90 days but maybe they'll surprise us. And if you do have to wait, I hope they get it sorted quickly for you.

Thank you for your kind words!

Did you contact USCIS by phone or did you send an e-request for the missing GC?

55 minutes ago, InaneTripe said:

Thank you for your kind words!

Did you contact USCIS by phone or did you send an e-request for the missing GC?

It was the e-request form - https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDCForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=ndc

Good luck. 

Timeline

Thank you! 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Ali_ said:

Hello, similar situation here. My question is can you do both? Call and do the e-request form online?

I tried calling their 1-800 number but there appears to be no way to reach a live agent. When you say "green card not received", the voice prompts you to send an e-request. Asking for "live agent" over and over just returns the response "Your call will be disconnected"! I honestly have no idea how to actually speak to someone.

After my 90 days are up, I'll try calling again and ask for "Infopass". Perhaps that'd work?

Good luck! 

Just now, Ali_ said:

Hello, similar situation here. My question is can you do both? Call and do the e-request form online?

I guess so, but not sure why you'd need to tbh. I suspect the phone line will just direct you to fill in the form anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/9/2024 at 6:05 AM, InaneTripe said:

My foreign spouse's details are:

POE : LAX (Los Angeles)

Category : IR-1

Date of Entry : 13 December 2023

The online status still reads "Visa Fee Payment Received" and so the wait continues.

I might add that we never received her SS card although we responded "Yes" to the corresponding question in DS-260. The local SSA office in Austin doesn't accept walk-ins for new SS cards (which is not mentioned anywhere online, btw) and so we are waiting for our upcoming appointment date as well.  :cry:

USCIS responded today (March 11) with "We need additional time before replying to you with information about your case" in response to my service request dated Feb 14, 2024. They asked me to submit another SR if we don't receive the GC or more updates from them within 45 days. I am thinking this will turn out to be a new biometrics needed type situation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.