going2PH

Divorce after 2 years of marriage to Philippine wife

49 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone, I am new to this board. I seek help from people who can understand my situation. I am a mail 48 and look 38 for my age. And I have a good job and take care of my Philippine wife. We have 1 child 15 months old. The last 2 years has been hell with my wife.

I understand cultural divergence but every day or every other day my wife argues with me I have to leave the bedroom to sleep on the couch for 30 minute while she falls asleep. We even tried different birth control. The 2nd for sure helped but I have Philippine girl friends at work that say my wife doesn't love me. I think my wife loves me but is NOT in love with me if you know what I mean.

Like it is long story and more than just her sex drive with me. I do just about anything for my wife anything.'

Her family needs money for problems again! and I send it

She wants do lots of projects in philipppines like fix her moms teeth, build her mom a house, fund her brothers college, her sister college. I said yes but I want you to stay home with our daughter so she is safe and grows up with her mom. My wife wants to work nights and come home at 7 am and I said huh? you wont be able to watch our daughter you will be dead tired? She said she can do it. She said I don't make enough money to get all her project done as fast as she wants and she wants her own money.

Okay I did the allowance thing each month she got 150.00 to spend for fun. But she would shop online or shop at store and blow in all in one shopping spree. Then she would ask for more money OMGOD!

I fund her brothers college and give him allowance each month which averages 200.00 a month.

Plus here and there family issues maybe comes out to 50-75 bucks per month.

I cut her off from monthly allowance and I told her we both work at saving money. yes she can buy an occasional purse or shoes or what have you but not monthly.

I have so much more make you sick. This is our goals for 2 years.

1. save for Ph trip to see her family about 7,000.00 3 people

2. fix moms teeth with new one 1,000 or maybe 500

3. build mom a house about 5-7 K

4. help her brother in college 150.0 month

5. help her sister get college 200.00 a month

6. buy a house here in USA must have 5,000 down for fees only have va home loan no down payment

I am going to teach nite school at near by college to make extra money

but bottom line is she complains all the time...I don't get hugs and kisses upon arriving home.

I am the one at home asking if she needs anything coffee what have you. I am the one who serves her ( I don't mind as long as I get love and warmth back) but I am the loving man.

when I get home all she wants to do is fb on her phone and chat at me and then ignore me for her tv shows.

and when the baby cries and I am talking to her about something she covers her ears and says you are both so loud.

I am like what??? I was trying to tell her I need a hug and kiss when I come home not just hi!

I need a warm wife who had as soft spot for me.

I have worked very hard for my wife an child to have a good place to leave good things and such and she complains all the time,

tells me other people have houses why don't you. and that I have less than other men that she sees with her friends,

she calls me fat, she when she is sick she is very mean to me. When I am sick I don't get mean to people. She is

mean to me.

no affection

I thought Philippine woman were loving, respectful.

there is so much more, I ask her every day for 2 years when I get home can you put fb and your phone down. so we can talk or I don't have to compete with posts on fb? I mean I don't mind occoassional sharing of things on fb but it is every day and every nite at bed I compete with fb and her friends or post on fb is more important than talking to me.

she has weird things she does.

she complains all the time that I don't make enough money, I cant connect with her and when I want to talk about my needs she says I am weird and want sex to much? huh sometimes 2 days in a rowe if I happen to get luch and snuggle I get excited and she yells at me and calls me weird for getting horny?????????

I know other Philippine friends of my girls that is that are awesome and try to talk to her but she gets mad and says I don't want your friends talking to me giving me their advice? I have a friend ana who has a great marriage

and I talk to all the time she say she and her husband can she janet don't love me the way she acts and ana who is from same island has tried t talk to my wife janet but cannot and says your wife wont listen to reason or wisdom that she has..

my wife listens to no one

my wife had a father who cheated on her mother and I am afraid

I got the daughter who really hates men and only is using me she might have emotions for me but I feel she really don't love me

and I want a divorce but I am afraid..

can anyone give me advice please .. I know this is a visa forum but maybe someone hash gone through this before..

I want a new wife and this time I will look and be smarter. I took the 1st one that came along and next time I will be much smarter.

what do you think guys? can you give me some wisdom? :crying:

Edited by Penguin_ie

I want a new wife and this time I will look and be smarter.

I took the 1st one that came along and next time I will be much smarter.

What do you think guys? can you give me some wisdom?

Buddy, you already know what you need to do.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Sexual content from the Op and replies to that removed. This is a family friendly site. *******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Cut the money flow. Save for you and your child. Put your foot down. If she wants to send money to family then let it come from her earnings.
Tell her you have had enough of her spoiled brat attitude and if she won't agree to counseling then you will know what to do.

People will treat you to the degree that you allow them to.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Seriously. Are you that delusional? Unfortunately, you are providing for her and funding her life in America. Also, I am going to bet she only had a child with you so that it loos like she entered in a 'bonfide relation' to immigration. Aka.. she had a kid with you because it is THAT MUCH HARDER to remove her from America based on the fact they would be removing her from her child. I have seen this happen before. CUT HER OFF!! Figure out a way to have SOLE CUSTODY of the child and send her back to PI!

You say you thought PI women were loving and respectful? Sounds like you were seeking out a Phllipino woman based on what someone was telling you:( You keep talking about PI friends wives that you know that are amazing wives ect. A wife should be loving and respectful, regardless of their demographic.

Does a wife ask you to fund her family vacations? Does a wife ask you to fund her brothers college tuition? Does a wife not deny you sexual gratification? And work nights. WHERE does your wife work? Is she a nurse? that is the ONLY profession I can see a PI woman coming home at 7am. And if she is a nurse, she will have enough money to fund her family lifestyle back home. What does she tell you she does for work?

Unfortunately, your wife is a bar/call girl/worker. She used you, and had a child to further use you.

Protect your child an cut her off.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not to bring it up, but you have a 15 month old and you say the last 2 years of your life has been hell. Do the math! The minute your wife got pregnant she checked out of your relationship!!! She understands the game! She knows how this all works, and I am going to bet she is one step ahead of you!!!! (watch the VAWA waiver come forward!) Protect yourself, your assets and your kid.

Hello everyone, I am new to this board. I seek help from people who can understand my situation. I am a mail 48 and look 38 for my age. And I have a good job and take care of my Philippine wife. We have 1 child 15 months old. The last 2 years has been hell with my wife.

I understand cultural divergence but every day or every other day my wife argues with me I have to leave the bedroom to sleep on the couch for 30 minute while she falls asleep. We even tried different birth control. The 2nd for sure helped but I have Philippine girl friends at work that say my wife doesn't love me. I think my wife loves me but is NOT in love with me if you know what I mean.

Like it is long story and more than just her sex drive with me. I do just about anything for my wife anything.'

Her family needs money for problems again! and I send it

She wants do lots of projects in philipppines like fix her moms teeth, build her mom a house, fund her brothers college, her sister college. I said yes but I want you to stay home with our daughter so she is safe and grows up with her mom. My wife wants to work nights and come home at 7 am and I said huh? you wont be able to watch our daughter you will be dead tired? She said she can do it. She said I don't make enough money to get all her project done as fast as she wants and she wants her own money.

Okay I did the allowance thing each month she got 150.00 to spend for fun. But she would shop online or shop at store and blow in all in one shopping spree. Then she would ask for more money OMGOD!

I fund her brothers college and give him allowance each month which averages 200.00 a month.

Plus here and there family issues maybe comes out to 50-75 bucks per month.

I cut her off from monthly allowance and I told her we both work at saving money. yes she can buy an occasional purse or shoes or what have you but not monthly.

I have so much more make you sick. This is our goals for 2 years.

1. save for Ph trip to see her family about 7,000.00 3 people

2. fix moms teeth with new one 1,000 or maybe 500

3. build mom a house about 5-7 K

4. help her brother in college 150.0 month

5. help her sister get college 200.00 a month

6. buy a house here in USA must have 5,000 down for fees only have va home loan no down payment

I am going to teach nite school at near by college to make extra money

but bottom line is she complains all the time...I don't get hugs and kisses upon arriving home.

I am the one at home asking if she needs anything coffee what have you. I am the one who serves her ( I don't mind as long as I get love and warmth back) but I am the loving man.

when I get home all she wants to do is fb on her phone and chat at me and then ignore me for her tv shows.

and when the baby cries and I am talking to her about something she covers her ears and says you are both so loud.

I am like what??? I was trying to tell her I need a hug and kiss when I come home not just hi!

I need a warm wife who had as soft spot for me.

I have worked very hard for my wife an child to have a good place to leave good things and such and she complains all the time,

tells me other people have houses why don't you. and that I have less than other men that she sees with her friends,

she calls me fat, she when she is sick she is very mean to me. When I am sick I don't get mean to people. She is

mean to me.

no affection

I thought Philippine woman were loving, respectful.

there is so much more, I ask her every day for 2 years when I get home can you put fb and your phone down. so we can talk or I don't have to compete with posts on fb? I mean I don't mind occoassional sharing of things on fb but it is every day and every nite at bed I compete with fb and her friends or post on fb is more important than talking to me.

she has weird things she does.

she complains all the time that I don't make enough money, I cant connect with her and when I want to talk about my needs she says I am weird and want sex to much? huh sometimes 2 days in a rowe if I happen to get luch and snuggle I get excited and she yells at me and calls me weird for getting horny?????????

I know other Philippine friends of my girls that is that are awesome and try to talk to her but she gets mad and says I don't want your friends talking to me giving me their advice? I have a friend ana who has a great marriage

and I talk to all the time she say she and her husband can she janet don't love me the way she acts and ana who is from same island has tried t talk to my wife janet but cannot and says your wife wont listen to reason or wisdom that she has..

my wife listens to no one

my wife had a father who cheated on her mother and I am afraid

I got the daughter who really hates men and only is using me she might have emotions for me but I feel she really don't love me

and I want a divorce but I am afraid..

can anyone give me advice please .. I know this is a visa forum but maybe someone hash gone through this before..

I want a new wife and this time I will look and be smarter. I took the 1st one that came along and next time I will be much smarter.

what do you think guys? can you give me some wisdom? :crying:

Well, first of, she does really seem to have a problem however, you are trying to keep her with what she wants to do. She wanted to work, let her work but also let her share expenses in the house. that's what I would do if I am in your situation. If you want to try that at least, try to meet half-way. Try to think too, why does she no longer listen to you? Did you ever have a heart to heart with her that if we didn't work together you might not work? Obviously, she cares too much for her family in the Philippines, more than he cares for you but try to show her the importance of your existence. Easy to say but tough love will be useful but if she responded as if she doesn't care if her kid will have a broken family, then let go. Don't prolong your agony.

I don't think anything OP does is going to make this a loving, bona fide marriage. It seems the wife came over to give her and her family a better life and is doing the bare minimum to keep OP from filing divorce. It won't matter how OP tries to set up finances. It won't matter if they go to marriage counseling... none of it will matter. OP needs to divorce and get out of this mess. To me it looks like the wife wants to work nights so there's no more chance she has to have sex with her husband any more. This is really sad.

On the other hand, I'm glad OP made this thread. Maybe this will give him a wake up call to get out of this and divorce her. It's awful and it seems like OP doesn't stand up for himself very much so it'll be that much harder. I hope you find the strength OP. Please divorce this woman and take care of your daughter.

2015-03-07: Got engaged (L)

2015-03-30: Sent I-129F to Dallas lockbox

2015-04-14: NOA1 Packet received, sent to CSC

2015-05-07: NOA2 Approved!

2015-06-15: Received Packet 3 by mail

2015-06-17: Sent Packet 3 to Consulate

2015-07-14: Received Packet 4

2015-08-10: Medical in Toronto

2015-08-16: Received medical envelope

2015-08-24: Montreal interview- APPROVED!

2015-08-27: Visa arrives at Loomis location

2015-08-28: Visa in hand!

2015-09-17: Entered USA

2015-10-23: Married!

2016-01-11: Sent AOS Package I-485, I-765, I-131

2016-01-21: NOA1 Package received

2016-02-19: Biometrics

2016-04-01: AOS interview- APPROVED!

2016-04-07: 2 yr cond green card in hand

2018-03-12: sent ROC

2018-03-19: NOA date, 2018-03-24 letter rec'd

2018-05-18: Biometrics appt waived

2019-06-04 New biometrics letter received

2019-06-10 Biometrics

2019-06-18 ROC Approved
2019-06-25 10 year Green Card in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I feel for you, brother, but this story is largely one sided. You have painted a perfectly black picture of your wife while seemingly bathing yourself in light. I'm not discounting your situation, but take a step backwards and look at yourself. Where have you fallen short? What can you do differently? Have you subjected yourself to her needs (beyond finances)? Truthfully, this story is waaaaaaaay too one sided for me to buy into it.

MEETING

12 March 2012: Met Dyn at a coffee shop in Kuwait

Summer 2012: I returned home to the U.S. to prepare a way for Dyn

Fall 2014: Dyn returns home to Philippines after seven years in Kuwait

ANNULMENT

February 2014: Engaged while I visited Philippines

March 2014: Officially hired attorney and filed for Dyn's annulment in Bohol, Philippines

December 2015: Bohol District Court issues decision in our favor

December 2015: Judge sends transcript of his decision to OSG for processing

February 05 2016: OSG returned receipt and approval to district court in Bohol. CoF to be issued end of second week in February

February 09 2016: Dyn is presented with the Entry of Judgment and her Certificate of Finality via the local court.

February 15 2016: LCR issues annotated marriage certificate, and necessary documents are forwarded to the NSO / PSA visa LBC

April 19 2016: Received CENOMAR and Annotated MC from PSA via private courier. DONE! COMPLETE! FINISHED! OFFICIAL!

I-129F / K1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS

April 04 2016: I-129F sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS Priority Mail

April 12 2016: Email from USCIS acceptance confirmation

April 17 2016: Official NOA1 hard copy received

July 12 2016: NOA2 Approval hard copy received

July 14 2016: Post Decision Activity email from USCIS

THE LONG WAIT (USCIS misplaced approved petition)

September 16 2016: NVC received approved I-129F petition and assigns case number

INTERVIEW / MEDICAL PROCESS

October 04 2016: Day 1 of medical at SLEC in Manila

October 05 2016: Psychiatric evaluation off-site due to psychological incapacity annulment (10 hour eval with 800 question profile test)

October 13 2016: CFO Seminar completed successfully and certificate awarded (CFO stamp not issued until visa is presented).

October 20 2016: Return to SLEC complete psychological evaluation with resident psychologist (less than ten minutes)

October 21 2016: Vaccination day at SLEC (medical finally complete)

October 25 2016: Visa interview at USEM in Manila (APPROVED)

HOMECOMING

November 19 2016: Dyn's arrival at POE Dulles IAD in Washington DC

December 01 2016: Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.