Labyrinth

Discovered US husband is Gay

90 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

In Texas divorce, filing a divorce petition is free if you submit a pauper's oath. Do you have something similar in your state?

Good to know..........

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We are married for 9 years but it was only last april that we were able to come here in the US.

One thing to keep in mind is that 10 years is the amount of time necessary to be married to be able to collect on his social security retirement even if you subsequently divorce (and not remarry) Also, the amount of support he would owe you is also based upon length of marriage. I am not telling you what to do but you likely will not want to proceed with a divorce filing until after your tenth anniversary. You need to do what is right for your child and yourself but something to consider.

Good Luck

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Get a job and divorce him, or submit to a lifetime of sexual frustration. You won't lose your greencard if you do so.

It may seem harsh, but in all seriousness, you deserve to be happy and so does he.

Good luck!

Good day to all. I am a holder of a green card good for 10 years. I am a spouse of a US citizen. I just arrived with my two yr old son last April. So we are about 6 months in the US now. Recently i discovered my US citizen husband is gay. And hes been on dating sites and caught him lying several times. I confronted him about it but of course he denied even with overwhelming evidence. My questions:

1. What are my options right now? I dont have work and has a toddler with me. He seemed close to sorting things out. And he doesnt give any financial support though he buys everything i ask of him but lately after knowing i discovered his secret it is hard asking him for something.

2. What is the effect on my status later if i apply for citizenship if i go to another state and get help from my relatives? It is a bonafide marriage. We are married for 9 years but it was only last april that we were able to come here in the US.

Im at a loss right now and feeling helpless on the situation too. Thanks in advance for all your helpful comments.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Some people seem to forget that until very recently it was not acceptable to be gay in the US. No, cheating is never acceptable but see it from his side too. It can't be easy to have to hide who you are.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

What is it does he want? If he truly is gay, that seems counter to have a new wife and step child (to US) and/or carried on for 9 yrs?

what step cild? the child is 2 years old and they have been married for 9, it's his child

Yep. He is supposed to be able to choose to be honest and not be a deceiver and make her life a living hell. She could be happy with someone

else right now had it not been for this cheating individual.

There are enough like minded people that would fit his sexual description without dragging a wife into this and deceiving her.

Baloney.

Yes I agree, even though it must have been hard for him to hide his sexuality or be comfortable with it in public. It is not fair that the OP now is in a dilemma due to her husband's sexuality.

If he were to hide it, I feel like he should have left it that way because he has a wife and also son. If he did not want to hide it, he should have came out much earlier on. Because it isn't just about his sexuality of life anymore, he has other people emotionally and financial dependent on him and those are huge responsibilities you take when you marry someone.

Well, in the end I suggest the OP to talk to her husband and see what he says. Tell him how you feel about the situation and how you feel uncomfotable knowing what you know now and want to solve it.

Hope everything works out. :)

July 28 2011- Married :dancing:

April 1 2013- Sent I-130

April 2 2013- NOA1

Nov 14 2013-Transferred to NSC

Nov 21- File touched

Jan 10, 2014- Approved! (NOA2)

Jan 13, 2014- Shipped out to NVC

Jan 27, 2014- Received by NVC

March 6,2014- Received Case Number and requested Case Number Change

March 9, 2014 -Sent in DS-261

March 10,2014 - Paid AOS Fee

March 22, 2014 - Sent in AOS Package

March 25,2014 - Paid IV Fee

March 26, 2014 - AOS Package picked up by a B.Standish

March 28, 2014 - IV fee shown as PAid

March 31, 2014 - Send corrections to AOS Package

April 1, 2014 - Corrected Aos Package received and signed by N Visa Center

April 5, 2014 - Case number changed finally

April 11, 2014- Got checklist for AOS

April 17, 2014- Submitted DS-260

April 18, 2014- Sent in IV package and AOS checklist

May 14, 2014- IV Checklist

May 16, 2014- Sent in IV Checklist

May 23, 2014- IV Checklist received

June 25, 2014- Case Complete

July 2, 2014- Receive CC email

July 11, 2014- Interview email received

July 21, 2014- Medical Done

Aug 26, 2014- Interview

Case in AP :ranting::ranting:

Oct 23, turned in needed documents

Case Updated- July 22, 30, Aug 5, Nov 2, Nov 4, Nov 8, Nov 15+16 (2015)

Nov 16-told to go to Embassy

Update Nov 29 + 30

Nov 29 - Gave Refusal Sheet :cry:

Informed that Case is being sent back to USCIS with intent to revoke :ranting::ranting::ranting:

Jan 12-13, 216 Case Date Update on CEAC

Feb 12,2016-Update on USCIS, case under review

Oct 14, 2016 NOIR sent out, received OCT 18, 2016

Dream-dj.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

If he wants his cake and eat it too then he should have the balls to let his wife know. He knew and chose not to disclose it to her and that is never a good thing. Ever. Too many bugs out there to catch from cheaters and her child needs a healthy Mom. Coward. That is why she needs to get away from him asap.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Many many posts removed. The Op is looking for legal options not judgement of their spouse. Keep that in mind when posting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Some people seem to forget that until very recently it was not acceptable to be gay in the US. No, cheating is never acceptable but see it from his side too. It can't be easy to have to hide who you are.

So that justifies him deceiving his wife for almost 10 years? Lol logic. Wonder if you would be singing the same tune if you were in her shoes.

Edited by Project_Harajuku

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ma'am. You should consider what you want. Do you want to sleep with a man who may have sexual relations with another man? Do you want your child to grow up in the same household? Different household? Does it matter?

I suggest you speak to him directly and tell him that he cannot lie to you. Tell him what you have seen him do and that you will not judge. You want to understand him more. He might just open up. Do not give him attitude, just ask him sincerely if he likes men as well. Take care and I hope it goes well.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you so much for your kindness and patience in answering someone unknown to you like me whose at a loss. Visa journey members are truly blessed to have people around like you. More power!

One thing to consider since you are a Philippine citizen... If you initiate the divorce, you will not be able to marry again in the Philippines as you would be considered married until you go through a potentially lengthy and expensive annulment process (though I think it is easily justified), regardless if your marriage is dissolved in the US. Once annulled, you would be free to marry again.

If he files for divorce, then you can file the divorce decree and request that it be recognized in the Philippines. You would then be free to marry.

K-1 Visa

**AOS**

09/03/2014 AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131) delivered to Chicago lockbox

09/08/2014 NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP

10/01/2014 Biometrics

11/04/2014 I-485: Status changed to Testing and Interview

11/12/2014 EAD & AP Approved, combo card in production

11/22/2014 EAD/AP Combo card received

02/04/2015 AOS Interview - approved! Card in production

02/12/2015 Card received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

This actually might be a case for an annulment.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Philippine yes, I would think with a kid then it wouldn't work in USA............

Assuming she is Catholic, then if she was married in a Catholic church, this would likely qualify as an invalid marriage and be annulled through the church. Unfortunately, it is never so black and white these days...

K-1 Visa

**AOS**

09/03/2014 AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131) delivered to Chicago lockbox

09/08/2014 NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP

10/01/2014 Biometrics

11/04/2014 I-485: Status changed to Testing and Interview

11/12/2014 EAD & AP Approved, combo card in production

11/22/2014 EAD/AP Combo card received

02/04/2015 AOS Interview - approved! Card in production

02/12/2015 Card received!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.