Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 11/2/2015 at 11:40 AM, Kat&Jon said:

If you have a problem viewing the document send me a PM with all the info regarding what you are using to view the document. I know that some phone users (primarily Apple phone users) have problems viewing the document since Android phones have a partnership with google and it views the best on an Android phone if trying to view it on the go.

If you still can't view the document via PM I will send you it a PDF/Excel sheet whichever works for you that way you can see it.

Moving forward if anyone else has this type of issue viewing the list just PM me and I will make sure to send you via email a hard copy of the file. I view the site multiple times a day and will get back to you within the same day. I know receiving an RFE is stressful so I promise not to keep anyone waiting longer than a day. (Even if on vacation because I have my ways! :) )

This discussion was a long time ago, so I doubt if you will still be here to answer me, or if anyone will see this message. We met on jwmatch transitioned to WhatsApp.  We didn't know where we were going. Conversations here disappear 3 months after. He contacted me and didn't come online again till about 3 months. When we began talking we used WhatsApp. I have sent an email to the owners of jwmatch to see if they can generate those conversations. How would I prove that this site is not a match making site if I am asked? And what can I ask from jwmatch to prove that's where we met, ( if they reply me)?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Our case was received on December 3rd but my fiancé (the petitioner) forgot to send proof of being a US citizen. He did put his social security number, will that be enough or should we be expecting a rfe
Thanks in advance 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. 🙋‍♀️

I just wanted to ask if any of you have experience with RFE's asking for passport stamps? We received our RFE in early December 2019 and it was for a lack of evidence of us meeting in person. They asked for photos and passport stamps specifically and claimed that while I provided airline receipts and hotel receipts, that only proved that I went to London and not that we actually met in person. Which doesn't make sense to me, because we also took a week long trip to Paris during my first visit and I provided our boarding passes that showed us sitting next to each other. I also mailed in pictures of us together at Disneyland Paris. They were photocopies of the pictures and not originals, I'm not sure if that made a difference or not. 

Anyway, I've already mailed off our RFE response and included a lot more evidence than they asked for. About 20 photos (not photocopies this time), text transcripts, witness statements and statements from the airlines confirming we were both present for our flights and seated next to each other. However, I'm feeling really nervous about the passport stamps. Neither of us were stamped when we visited each other. He came out here twice to Denver, CO and I went to visit him in London two times as well. Our passports were scanned electronically, but never stamped. The only stamps I ever received were when I crossed the border into France, but because Brexit had not gone through yet my Fiance's passport was only electronically scanned and not stamped. I was able to get copies of the electronic scans and included them with my RFE response, but do you guys think that will be enough? I vaguely remember a sign at Heathrow that said if I wanted to get a stamp I could jump into a separate line, but me being the idiot that I am, didn't see the need to at the time. I stupidly assumed that UCIS would have access to my passport scans. I was wrong.

Apologies for the wall of text. This process has been so long and difficult I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance that we aren't doomed over passport stamps. 😂

Our timeline so far:

I-129F Sent :2019-08-16

I-129F NOA1 :2019-08-19

I-129F RFE(s) :2019-12-03

RFE Reply(sent) :2020-02-19

Edited by KristenWelch89

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
55 minutes ago, KristenWelch89 said:

I just wanted to ask if any of you have experience with RFE's asking for passport stamps? We received our RFE in early December 2019 and it was for a lack of evidence of us meeting in person. They asked for photos and passport stamps specifically and claimed that while I provided airline receipts and hotel receipts, that only proved that I went to London and not that we actually met in person. Which doesn't make sense to me, because we also took a week long trip to Paris during my first visit and I provided our boarding passes that showed us sitting next to each other. I also mailed in pictures of us together at Disneyland Paris. They were photocopies of the pictures and not originals, I'm not sure if that made a difference or not. 

Anyway, I've already mailed off our RFE response and included a lot more evidence than they asked for. About 20 photos (not photocopies this time), text transcripts, witness statements and statements from the airlines confirming we were both present for our flights and seated next to each other. However, I'm feeling really nervous about the passport stamps. Neither of us were stamped when we visited each other. He came out here twice to Denver, CO and I went to visit him in London two times as well. Our passports were scanned electronically, but never stamped. The only stamps I ever received were when I crossed the border into France, but because Brexit had not gone through yet my Fiance's passport was only electronically scanned and not stamped. I was able to get copies of the electronic scans and included them with my RFE response, but do you guys think that will be enough? I vaguely remember a sign at Heathrow that said if I wanted to get a stamp I could jump into a separate line, but me being the idiot that I am, didn't see the need to at the time. I stupidly assumed that UCIS would have access to my passport scans. I was wrong.

Apologies for the wall of text. This process has been so long and difficult I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance that we aren't doomed over passport stamps. 😂

Our timeline so far:

They should have stamped the passport as they came into the US, however it should be on file too, the I-94 record shows admission and departure of the United States, did you include this? You can get an online copy here, I'm not sure for your trips to London though! 

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/

Hope all the info you sent was enough for them, certainly seems proof to me from photos and sitting next to each other with statements!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I photo copied my passport stamped pages and sent them in with my passport bio info/picture as well. We also sent in hotel receipts, pictures of us together in Cebu. Copies of our video chats, and messages. Also sent in pictures of me with her family members too

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 2/26/2020 at 11:00 PM, KristenWelch89 said:

Our timeline so far:

I can't* speak for the U.K. because I have never been there, but I had my passport stamped every time I visited Canada, Portugal, Greece, and France. The only time it wasn't stamped was when I traveled from Paris to Amsterdam and back. Even more strange that he didn't have his stamped when traveling here. My fiancé's was stamped each time he visited the U.S. as well. Our lawyer just submitted our I-129F package in which he did include scanned pages of both of our passports. It was sent with the original package though, no RFE (yet anyways). 

Edited by aphr0dite

mieux vaut tard que jamais 

Timeline

I sent in all original pictures (not photo copies) Also I included some pictures with me and her family together. My passport was stamped, and I sent in photo copies of that. The only thing I got an rfe for was birth certificate, intent to marry letter from both of us, proof of my divorce....did you send in pictures of FaceTime together?  I had conversation of my planed trip to see her. 

• 2 months later...
Timeline

RFE was sent on the 30th.  I was hoping it would come in Email, but I am guessing I have to wait for the paper copy.  On the case status site it says that they sent it so, I am hoping it arrives today.  

Do they normally send them in the email also?   I have not seen an email from them at all.  I also did not receive a text message.  However, I received both when they did my NOA1.  

We are very excited that there was any movement at all on our application.  I will post again when I know what the reason for the RFI is so you can add it to the master list.  

Roger

• 3 months later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had a question. Is it possible that my boyfriend  can file a k1 visa for me even we haven't meet in person yet? Prior to this pandemic happen and the closing of visiting Philippines. He planned to come and visit me but because of covid the plan has come to a halt and it is so frustrating. Is there any way that we can meet at this time. Perhaps and open country that we can met. Is there anybody here had a same situation. Please any input, advise or information that can help our process is appreciated. Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, cquino2 said:

I had a question. Is it possible that my boyfriend  can file a k1 visa for me even we haven't meet in person yet? Prior to this pandemic happen and the closing of visiting Philippines. He planned to come and visit me but because of covid the plan has come to a halt and it is so frustrating. Is there any way that we can meet at this time. Perhaps and open country that we can met. Is there anybody here had a same situation. Please any input, advise or information that can help our process is appreciated. Thank you!

No you will be rejected if you file before you can prove you have met. That is one of the requirements of the visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 8/3/2020 at 9:25 PM, MaruMaru said:

Hi! For all the K1 Visa Applicants whose case is stuck at the NVC | Embassy stage, please join this group. Make sure to answer the questions first! ❤️❤️❤️

👉🏻👉🏿👉🏽 www.facebook.com/groups/resumek1visas/

Whats wrong with staying here on visa journey? 

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

10 hours ago, cquino2 said:

Is it possible that my boyfriend  can file a k1 visa for me even we haven't meet in person yet?

No.  In-person meeting within 2 years prior to filing is a basic requirement for the petition.

10 hours ago, cquino2 said:

Is there any way that we can meet at this time. Perhaps and open country that we can met. Is there anybody here had a same situation.

Please check out the Philippines regional forum where that topic is being discussed --

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, lysagrey said:

Hm thanks for the information. I have been dating a US citizen for a few years and we have been engaged for the past few months. I have been super excited about the whole idea but when we started talking paperwork it has become an extreme headache. Since my fiance works a lot (he is a doctor and has been at the hospital for weeks now) I have been the one who talks with lawyers. I was a little worried at first but I found a green card lawyer Los Angeles seems to have so many of but mine s actually a guy with a decent list of cases under his belt. He has been extremely helpful to me and has been super polite as well. I feel very confident in his skills and am sure that my case will go smoothly. After all we have been together for quite come time and the lawyer has been really reassuring (especially with the change of administration right now). Wish me luck  

If you really want to pay a lawyer feel free, but for most K-1s it is totally unnecessary.  Not sure why you need a 'green card lawyer' though.  You will be petitioned for a visa that can lead to a green card, but that won't be until 1.5-2 years after the petition is submitted.

Also, even though your fiance is busy - as the USC he will need to be actively involved in the petition process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.