Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/29/2021 at 7:02 AM, Nobita24 said:

Ya, it is getting harder :). I just quite nervous when I checked it today that they sent it on March and we didn't get it yet. 

So happy for you already had the response. Good luck on the next process :)

We are already done with the whole process. My wife has her green card now, and we don’t have to worry about paperwork until she needs to get a renewal. Wishing you both the best! God Bless

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Irish42 said:

We are already done with the whole process. My wife has her green card now, and we don’t have to worry about paperwork until she needs to get a renewal. Wishing you both the best! God Bless

Congrats!! Thank you so much. We got the RFE finally on 28th May and sent the reply on the next day. We got the notification that they have received our RFE reply.

God bless 

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Posting on here after the fact.  I received an RFE notification on 27 August 2021 but never received the paper document.  After a little bit, I contacted USCIS 5 times and it was finally escalated to Tier 2.  The next morning I received the RFE for divorce papers not showing the divorce was final.  I realized the copy that was translated was in black and white.  So my fiancee might have scanned it or the translator printed it in black and white.  Either way, I reprinted everything and sent screenshots this time.  I also included a letter explaining that what I sent was a final divorce decree (not a certificate type paper because in Ukraine after July 2010, divorced spouses with children receive a decree instead of certificate and this is proof of the divorce).  I made sure everything was in color so they could see the seals better.  This should pass for it but I wanted to shed light here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don’t know much about how it is done there, but I had an RFE for divorce papers here in the US. I ended up going to the town and got a stamped and dated one from the town clerk. I think the first copy I sent was only of the page that had a stamp and not every page. I sent in every page the second time to make sure. Every country is different 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 9/24/2021 at 3:38 PM, Irish42 said:

I don’t know much about how it is done there, but I had an RFE for divorce papers here in the US. I ended up going to the town and got a stamped and dated one from the town clerk. I think the first copy I sent was only of the page that had a stamp and not every page. I sent in every page the second time to make sure. Every country is different 

I know we are a month past this, but what ended up happening was they read the translated portion of the divorce decree for my fiancee.  They stopped where it said "this will come into effect 30 days after this was written unless there is an objection."  It was stamped correctly for the post 30 days and she picked it up from the court about a month or 2 after it was stamped.  We had a long, deep conversation when I received the RFE.  I scanned over the copy she presented to me in color and she explained.  I drank a couple cups of coffee, took a walk outside, and then realized exactly what I needed to write to USCIS.  It was approved though!  I think sometimes, USCIS just wants you to explain something to them.  

Edited by Keithn85

On 10/10/2021 at 10:52 AM, Jules Joniel said:

is it possible to complete the k1 visa process without the citizenship certificate.  my fiancée does not have it for the moment because she arrived in the United States before she was 18 years old.  she got her citizenship from her father ?

A US passport proves citizenship.

Removal of Conditions (I-751)
2/17/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/20/24: I-751 packet delivered

2/22/24: Receipt Number available on USCIS Portal

2/27/24: Extension Letter Available Online, Biometric Re-use letter, "Case is being actively reviewed"

Hi😊   After 357 days of waiting for Noa2, we received an RFE, the letter says my fiance may have been married. The fact is that he has never been married. He has two children who live with him, but he was not officially married to their mother. They demanded a document confirming that he was divorced. As a result, on September 23, 2021, he sent a notarized letter stating that he had never been married. 61 days have passed, but we have not received an answer yet. How long did it take to get Noa2?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all, my case is from march 2,2021 they sent us a RFE on Jan 31,2022 but on the web still shows ‘’case was received’’ can that be a problem or can our case go on without an online update ? 
we sent evidence past sat, we tracked and they delivered on Monday (April 4) to the P.O. Box, are they sending me any notification to make sure they received it? 
btw how long are they taking after a RFE to go on? 

1F3654B4-1A14-47D7-92A9-A7282A06A965.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone I’d be happy if someone help me. I wanna sent extra documents to usic which are missing ones but I don’t know how to sent it to them.

my problem is I had divorced  two years ago while I was sending my documents I just added my single status which includes my divorce information. But I have also divorce decree  I didn’t sent it. I wanna sent this divorce decree. Have you guys ever done it before?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, shwannn said:

Hi everyone I’d be happy if someone help me. I wanna sent extra documents to usic which are missing ones but I don’t know how to sent it to them.

my problem is I had divorced  two years ago while I was sending my documents I just added my single status which includes my divorce information. But I have also divorce decree  I didn’t sent it. I wanna sent this divorce decree. Have you guys ever done it before?

I did it. 

Someone here or at reddit told me how to do it.

Worked for them. USCIS got their documents and they got the NOA2 without RFE.

I sent my last week, so I have no idea if its gonna work for me...

but anyways, here it goes:

- You have to send the document direct to your process center (the address is on your NOA1 recipt)

- Write a cover letter with the petioner and beneficiary names, the list of the contents and at the top of it the nature of submission (For example: Additional Information) and your recipt or case number.

- Also, mark the envelope with the nature of the submission

And good luck!

On 12/8/2015 at 11:13 AM, Kat&Jon said:

There were some instances in the document where the Beneficiary's Birth Certificate was requested. I can reach out to those individuals (hopefully they are still active on the forum) to see if they ever got an explanation as to why it was requested for the petition.

My best guess is that when they attempted to do the background checks they were missing some information and requested it. Or it could have been requested as proof of an original name prior to any name changes they had due to previous marriages or other legal name changes. That is just my guess based off of what I have read in the past but this particular RFE has only happened a small handful of times so I can't imagine it will be required moving forward.

I will try to get an explanation why, but keep in mind the USCIS is not accustomed to providing people with clear explanations as to why it was requested and we may never know exactly why they needed them, but I will try to get an answer.

They asked me for the "long version" of my husband's birth certificate as well as a translation since he was born in Poland. I went through the Polish Government via a Polish attorney to obtain an original,  had it translated by certified translator. They not only did not accept it but they told me it wasn't submitted.  I submitted it on 3 separate occasions; 2 via parcel post as well as I uploaded it online. They never explained why they wanted it. (My husband was the beneficiary)

On 4/30/2022 at 7:54 AM, Pandora Gadomski said:

They asked me for the "long version" of my husband's birth certificate as well as a translation since he was born in Poland. I went through the Polish Government via a Polish attorney to obtain an original,  had it translated by certified translator. They not only did not accept it but they told me it wasn't submitted.  I submitted it on 3 separate occasions; 2 via parcel post as well as I uploaded it online. They never explained why they wanted it. (My husband was the beneficiary)

Did you send the document according to the specifications at travel.state?

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Poland.html

I am aware sometimes USCIS/NVC can reject documents for seemingly nonsensical reasons. And many people don't realize they have to send copies of both sides of a document even if the reverse is blank!  

Sending the beneficiary's birth certificate is something everyone has to do. I think it is to verify their identity. Make sure the passport they use to travel on is not fake etc etc... As if you change your name you need to provide proof of name change, too. 

Birth Certificates

Available

Fees: 33 PLN (Polish złotys) for the full-form birth certificate

Document Name: Odpis zupełny aktu urodzenia (full-form birth certificate)

Issuing Authority: Civil Registry Office (Urząd Stanu Cywilnego) in Poland

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: grey, red and pink colored A4 format two-sided numerically controlled document with a red stripe and Polish seal on the left

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Kierownik Urzędu Stanu Cywilnego (Head of the Civil Registry Office) or Zastępca (z-ca) Kierownika Urzędu Stanu Cywilnego (Deputy Head of the Civil Registry Office) or an official authorized by the Head of the Civil Registry Office (z up. Kierownika Urzędu Stanu Cywilnego)

Registration Criteria: as prescribed by the Polish Journal of Law No. 2064 of December 19, 2016

Procedure for Obtaining: Applicants residing in Poland should submit an application for a birth certicate accompanied by the applicable fee to any Civil Registry office (Wniosek o wydanie odpisu zupełnego aktu urodzenia) or by mail.

Certified Copies Available: Any certificate issued by the Civil Registry Office is based on the records available in the Register.  Therefore each civil document issued by them is considered to be an original.

Alternate Documents:  an electronic birth certificate, a multilanguage abridged birth certificate, an abridged (short-form) birth certificate  

Exceptions: as prescribed by the Polish Journal of Law No. 1741 of December 8, 2014

Comments: Only the paper copy of the full-form birth certificate is acceptable by the U.S. Embassy for immigration purpose

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.