Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just have a quick question guys. I submitted my completed application with all the evidence and documents on November 17,2020. It has now been 80days and i have not heard anything. No NOA1, they haven't even cashed the check, i did fill out the G-1145, but nothing. Should i be worried or should i start calling and "trying" to get more info from USCIS? Any answers would be appreciated or any numbers for me to call would also be of help. Thanks in advance.

November 19,2020- Sent I-129F

November 20,2020- Texas lock box received I-129F

February 8, 2021- Text message received for NOA1

February 11, 2021- Account charged

February 12, 2021- NOA1 arrived in the mail.

July 8,2021- NOA2 approved via email.

August 23,2021- Called NVC and got my case number

August 24,2021- Created my CEAC profile and filled out the DS-160 

1 hour ago, love4theraza said:

I submitted my completed application with all the evidence and documents on November 17,2020. It has now been 80days and i have not heard anything. No NOA1, they haven't even cashed the check, i did fill out the G-1145, but nothing.

This thread is for RFEs.  Doesn't seem like you have one.  It's taking around 2 to 3 months now to get NOA1.  Check the thread below instead for updates from others like you who filed in Nov 2020 and still have no NOA1 --

Edited by Chancy

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi all, we have received the RFE on Feb 9th and requested us to submit more evidences about meeting in person for the past two years

we have most of the photo ready, airbnb receipts, my passport copy and stamps. however my fiance whom is a US citizen has lost his passport last year. 

his new passport did shows that he lost his passport and it is a new replace passport. 

just wondering if he only submits the copy of it, would it be ok? or is there anyway we could tracked his travel history like I-94 ? 

also if we do not have any other people's statement would above evident good enough to fulfill the RFE request? 

Thank you all for the help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If he has a photo copy of the passport he lost then send in the photo copy. Also if he has a photo copy of any stamps from that passport then send them in also. I would never send in my original passport any way because they would be hard to get back. Send in any copies of boarding passes from each flight to and from. Also a copy of the flight itinerary’s. Picture with your engagement ring on. I left an example picture of us. Send in a copy of his drivers license as well, and maybe a statement that his passport was lost if you don’t have any photo copies of his old one. Make extra copies of everything before sending them. You will need them for the future 

E45B9179-01C7-4419-8399-7E456708A3C4.jpeg

Timeline
22 hours ago, Irish42 said:

If he has a photo copy of the passport he lost then send in the photo copy. Also if he has a photo copy of any stamps from that passport then send them in also. I would never send in my original passport any way because they would be hard to get back. Send in any copies of boarding passes from each flight to and from. Also a copy of the flight itinerary’s. Picture with your engagement ring on. I left an example picture of us. Send in a copy of his drivers license as well, and maybe a statement that his passport was lost if you don’t have any photo copies of his old one. Make extra copies of everything before sending them. You will need them for the future 

E45B9179-01C7-4419-8399-7E456708A3C4.jpeg

thanks for answer however, he did not have a copy of his lost passport. he lost the passport and all stamps while applying tourist visa to China on NOv 2019, FEDEX people lost it and it was never get back so he had to apply for new passport because of it. 

we have his new passport copy ready and also the stamps from new passport but still could not replacing anything about his old stamps for our visit  during 2018-2019. 

we do have some photos together however, he has not propose officially yet therefore we also did not have a photo of us with ring on to prove that we are officially engaged. hope it would not be a big problem when submit the RFE requirements. Thank you 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi all. I received an RFE to submit evidence of the legal termination of my previous marriage. I have never been married and indicated the same on my application. I would appreciate any input on responding, as I can’t prove the dissolution of a marriage that never existed.

Timeline

Updating my last post, I found the below thread and I’m thinking to take the same approach as this poster. However, in this case, they are asking for evidence from me, the petitioner, and so will be able to provide only a notarized statement that I’ve never been married. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Has anyone here had any experience with a 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence Was Received'  taken an eerie amount of time to approve? We filed in July 2020 and received our RFE notification on 23 Feb 21 and received/returned it by mail on 27 Feb 21 and they received it on 1 Mar 21 for a question left unanswered, Did you meet through an IMB?' - which was no. The site was NOT an IMB and the response only asked for documentation if it was 'yes'. We're currently at 35 days waiting and we're starting to get a little nervous. Does anyone have any insight on why ours may be taking longer than others we've seen? Will some agents prioritize NOA1 date over returned RFE date? Do agents go on vacation/handle medical/family emergencies without passing off their case load? I've actually assisted another in returning the SAME RFE (I did advise them to double check with a lawyer) and it was returned AFTER us and approved within a week. I've seen no less than 8 cases on my various non VJ groups also have similar results, many of which with more intricate RFEs (intent to marry, clarification of law breaking incident, proof of 2 year meeting requirement). Calling/Infopass is met simply with the canned 'we have 60 days' and 'each case is different' response. 

I love statistics so I've also used the CASE TRACKER app to find the 5,000 cases before AND after us (totaling 10,000) - isolated K-1 visas who have RETURNED the RFE but waiting on the response. Out of the 135 I have listed, only 3 have a LONGER last update and 3 have the SAME last update time. 

Timeline
On 3/16/2021 at 9:32 PM, FKEdwards said:

Updating my last post, I found the below thread and I’m thinking to take the same approach as this poster. However, in this case, they are asking for evidence from me, the petitioner, and so will be able to provide only a notarized statement that I’ve never been married. 

Updating again in case anyone else encounters the same issue. I ended up just sending a notarized letter stating that I’ve never been married and reiterating my intent to marry my fiancée. It worked! We got our NOA2 today!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
6 minutes ago, FKEdwards said:

Updating again in case anyone else encounters the same issue. I ended up just sending a notarized letter stating that I’ve never been married and reiterating my intent to marry my fiancée. It worked! We got our NOA2 today!

Hey FKEdwards! I got a notification that you popped my thread into a post. I'm really glad this helped, and so so happy to hear about your NOA2 approval!! Congrats!!!!! Best wishes to you and your fiance!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi all,

I just downloaded Lawfully apps today (just got the info from one of the member in here) to chcek on our K1 visa status. Apparently USCIS has sent us RFE since 10 March but my fiancé has not received it in the mail. It mentioned that they will not take any action until they receive the evidence or until the deadline expires. What usually they do when it expires? Will they send another letter? And usually how long will expired?

Oh btw I have requested for them to send a copy at the website (today, 29 April 2021), then got a notification "Expect a reply by 21 May 2021"

Has anyone experienced the samething?

Thanks

IMG-20210429-WA0001.jpg

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Nobita24 said:

Hi all,

I just downloaded Lawfully apps today (just got the info from one of the member in here) to chcek on our K1 visa status. Apparently USCIS has sent us RFE since 10 March but my fiancé has not received it in the mail. It mentioned that they will not take any action until they receive the evidence or until the deadline expires. What usually they do when it expires? Will they send another letter? And usually how long will expired?

Oh btw I have requested for them to send a copy at the website (today, 29 April 2021), then got a notification "Expect a reply by 21 May 2021"

Has anyone experienced the samething?

Thanks

IMG-20210429-WA0001.jpg

we got RFE too, the deadline is usually 3 months. so you should still have time to receive it before it get expired. after you have submit it, it takes up to 60days for them to give you approval . some might take shorter for approval after they received the evident sent. we waited 42days after submitting the RFE request for approval. but others takes 10-14days max to received it. so good luck.hope you get your hard copy soon 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A lot of times you’ll see your status change on the USCIS webpage, and it’s always seemed it took a little longer to receive any information in the mail. Like Lin&Chou said, it will come soon. I understand how hard it is to be patient. We got an RFE as well, and thankfully we had a response in a couple of weeks after submitting everything they requested from us! 

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Lin&Chou said:

we got RFE too, the deadline is usually 3 months. so you should still have time to receive it before it get expired. after you have submit it, it takes up to 60days for them to give you approval . some might take shorter for approval after they received the evident sent. we waited 42days after submitting the RFE request for approval. but others takes 10-14days max to received it. so good luck.hope you get your hard copy soon 

Noted, thanks for the info. Hope we can get it before it gets expired

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Irish42 said:

A lot of times you’ll see your status change on the USCIS webpage, and it’s always seemed it took a little longer to receive any information in the mail. Like Lin&Chou said, it will come soon. I understand how hard it is to be patient. We got an RFE as well, and thankfully we had a response in a couple of weeks after submitting everything they requested from us! 

Ya, it is getting harder :). I just quite nervous when I checked it today that they sent it on March and we didn't get it yet. 

So happy for you already had the response. Good luck on the next process :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.