Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I got a "Request for Initial Evidence" because they lost my passport picture. I guess it is a good idea to place the passport picture inside of a ziplock bag so they don't lose it like they did with mine.

• 2 weeks later...

I got an RFE and was asked to provide the following -

1. Beneficiary intent to marry - we have provided his letter of intent initially and a packet that outlined our wedding preparations but that did not seem to be enough :(. What else did everyone provide?

2. We couldn’t meet in person due to cultural and religious reasons and they want letter from our local religious authority.l to fulfill our waiver.   Have anyone done this before and can help me with details or example? 

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The (A) number is your Alien immigration number that you will get once they review your case. My wife’s we didn’t know until the interview 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I got an RFE from the California svc center on Dec 1 and responded Dec 9th. I have yet to get a response from them. This is nerve-wracking to say the least. Can anyone offer some insight on this? I mean, how long do they really make you wait?! 😫

43 minutes ago, Creolespiced said:

I got an RFE from the California svc center on Dec 1 and responded Dec 9th. I have yet to get a response from them. This is nerve-wracking to say the least. Can anyone offer some insight on this? I mean, how long do they really make you wait?! 😫

Hi - on the RFE letter I received they said they will respond within 60 days and if not to call or submit inquiry form I believe. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, Sanda2022 said:

Hi - on the RFE letter I received they said they will respond within 60 days and if not to call or submit inquiry form I believe. 

The problem with that is it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a live person on the phone. How is it possible to actually talk to a rep?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 9/14/2022 at 2:01 AM, Divs1 said:

Can someone please help me find the spreadsheet of RFE list 2022? 

There's a new one? I thought the old file stopped getting updated a while back? Can you share the link to the file you are talking about please?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 1/14/2023 at 10:41 AM, Creolespiced said:

The problem with that is it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a live person on the phone. How is it possible to actually talk to a rep?

Say INFOPASS or Live Chat Emma

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 12/11/2022 at 6:02 PM, Sanda2022 said:

I got an RFE and was asked to provide the following -

1. Beneficiary intent to marry - we have provided his letter of intent initially and a packet that outlined our wedding preparations but that did not seem to be enough :(. What else did everyone provide?

2. We couldn’t meet in person due to cultural and religious reasons and they want letter from our local religious authority.l to fulfill our waiver.   Have anyone done this before and can help me with details or example? 

Hi, I also applied June 2020 and never attached photos since I did not have them. I grew up with my fiancé, studied with him pre and elementary school. I got RFE in May 2021 (requested both families to write letters, our former schools, local people in the area submitted June 2021 and got denied in November 2021). I decided to go visit my fiancé in September 2021 to October 2021 since I was tired of waiting for uscis feedback. When I came back from my trip and received denial in November 2022, I was told to appeal if I wanted to proceed. I did alot of research on YouTube and friends, decided to reapply with photos and also found out I was pregnant, attached scan for pregnancy, 50 photos etc. It is really hard to prove a rship with no photos but every case is different. Update me incase you get any feedback and good luck. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would send another letter of intent, just in case the original was misplaced. Maybe send letters from relatives who know you both have an intent to marry. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.