Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hey! We have a question! We sent our rfe response March 28 so almost 2 weeks ago. Online site still doesn’t show that they receive it. Is it normal that they don’t update it? We would just like to know if they got it cause there is no other way to track the mail. Thank you:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, JasBla said:

Hey! We have a question! We sent our rfe response March 28 so almost 2 weeks ago. Online site still doesn’t show that they receive it. Is it normal that they don’t update it? We would just like to know if they got it cause there is no other way to track the mail. Thank you:)

It took about 2 weeks for me to see an update. Waiting is the hardest part of the journey

• 2 weeks later...

Someone asked me to write about my experience with cases that involves Canadian citizens. My finance it's not Canadian but we met in there as a third country. We got and RFE to demonstrate we met within 2 years. As everyone is aware Canadian don't stamp passports and I applied online on CBCS to ask about my all records about entries in Canada. I thought it will take forever to get any info. However took us 4 weeks to receive all our records. I hope will help others here. 

Hi Everyone. i'm pretty new here and  i have a question for you all  regarding my K1 finance visa processing. 
  However my documents has been reviewed my NVC and it has been sent to my embassy of interview in Lagos, Nigeria. have already booked an appointment for interview but  i  don't know the required documents that  i need to  take along for the visa interview
so i need someone to help me with checklist of documents that  i will be needing for my interview

thanks..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all. We have just received an RFE asking for evidence of us meeting in the last 2 years. We sent lots of photos and plane tickets with dates from the last two years, as well as photos of my (British) passport with stamps confirming entry. What else could we provide?

Also, how long does an RFE usually delay an application? Thanks so much for your help.

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Howins said:

Hi all. We have just received an RFE asking for evidence of us meeting in the last 2 years. We sent lots of photos and plane tickets with dates from the last two years, as well as photos of my (British) passport with stamps confirming entry. What else could we provide?

Also, how long does an RFE usually delay an application? Thanks so much for your help.

I would also send in copies of receipts from hotels you may have stayed at, and places you are at as well

Timeline
3 hours ago, Krysty gom. said:

What evidence of meeting in the past 2 years can I bring? Are Facebook WhatsApp or Google fotos screen shot OK? 

I would bring pictures of you together. Hotel receipts of places you are together. Passport stamps. Boarding pass copies

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Krysty gom. said:

What evidence of meeting in the past 2 years can I bring? Are Facebook WhatsApp or Google fotos screen shot OK? 

That doesn't prove face to face meeting 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
4 hours ago, Krysty gom. said:

Hi.  Social media chats, audio/video don't really prove the two of you meeting within 2 years of filing.  You need concrete proof such your stamped visa on your passport for the country you met your fiance, receipt of payment to the airline, your reservation which will also show your seat#.  Did you get engaged while you were visiting & can you show a receipt or anything that shows where the two of you were?  Pictures are okay, but be careful what kind they are.  Don't make it look as though you got married.  These are just a few little things to consider.  Good luck in your journey.  

2 hours ago, Howins said:

We had the same RFE. Our answer was sent on April 5 still nothing. Looks like this rfe now is in trend at USCIS cause seems like every second RFE is about this. We continue to wait but every day it's getting harder and harder. But each case is different some people got their answers within days. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Victoria85 said:

We had the same RFE. Our answer was sent on April 5 still nothing. Looks like this rfe now is in trend at USCIS cause seems like every second RFE is about this. We continue to wait but every day it's getting harder and harder. But each case is different some people got their answers within days. 

This is depressing news but thank for taking the time to respond. Guess all we can do is hope for the best. Good luck to you.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Victoria85 said:

Yup, every case is different. I got a response two weeks after I sent it back

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
14 hours ago, Howins said:

I've provided the following:

1) boarding pass

2) passport stamps

3) photos together (best if you can provide pics which are not selfies, such as pictures others took of you in the presence of his/her family and/or children)

4) engagement ring receipt

5) hotel reservation showing both of your names on it / check out hotel bill with both of your names stated and stamped/signed by hotel staff

this will be sufficient

Hi everyone!

Yesterday (4/23), I just got a RFE for my fiance to provide Intent to Marry within 90 days. We are working on drafting a signed statement letter for this. 

My issue is, I had a feeling we would get a RFE, but not for this reason. I was looking through our I-129F last weekend and found different mistakes. 

For example, I said that my fiance and I saw each other from Sept 7 - Oct 1 after he got his passport on Sept 27. That's a discrepancy, because he got his passport on June 27, and we were engaged Sept 27... I can't believe I messed it up. 

Should I add additional evidence that they didn't ask for to correct other issues?? Has anyone done that before or have any advice??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.