Takinit2u

Visa Denied because I am ugly???

156 posts in this topic

Wait until she feels calm. I was upset when my B-2 visa was denied and all I could do was just crying. My fiance tried to make me feel better though it came to no avail. I refused to talk about it for a while but things got better after that.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Just a thought, I have read many comments here that COs have made as "jokes", i.e. why would marry a bald man, why would you marry a man as old as your father etc.Unfortunately, given cultural differences and the gravity of situation, they made not be understood or even funny and may make the beneficiary very uncomfortable. It is entirely possible that CO may have made such a comment as joke or ice breaker (I know at our AOS interview the guy was trying to be funny and my wife did not understand at all). With the 2 week return interview there may some documents missing but she didn't understand the COs humor and may think that had something to do with it. Good luck to you.

It is my understanding that they are not joking or trying to break the ice. Their intention is to make the beneficiary uncomfortable, because if the relationship is for a visa only, maybe the beneficiary will "crack".

XMY93gI.jpgXMY9m5.png

AAD1m5.pngThankYouUSA-Kosova.jpg

See my Timeline for details of our visa journey
17-Aug-2011 Our Wedding Day in Kosovo 
07-Nov-2011 Filed I-130
21-Nov-2011 NOA1
23-Aug-2012 NOA2 Approved 276 days
10-Jan-2013 Case complete via email

28-Feb-2013 Interview, result AP
11-Apr-2013 Embassy appointment - VISA APPROVED and issued in 4 hours
30-Apr-2013 POE Chicago O'Hare - He's home!

04-Sep-2014 Moved to northern California

12-Mar-2015 Filed ROC
16-Mar-2015 Documents delivered
18-Mar-2015 Check cashed
19-Mar-2015 NOA1 dated 03/16/2015 received in mail
13-Apr-2015 Biometrics completed
02-Feb-2016 Contacted USCIS about case, was told it's on hold because of security checks (email)
04-Mar-2016 Moved to Wisconsin
12-Aug-2016 New Biometrics appointment
14-Sep-2016 Contacted USCIS again about case (email said we should hear from them by Oct 6)
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 explaining the Service Request is currently being reviewed by an officer.
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 with Interview appointment for both of us for 28-Sep-2016
28-Sep-2016 Interview, both of us, separated, not hard, 10 min. each, result---said hubby will get GC in about 10 days
26-Oct-2016 *****STILL WAITING*****
02-Nov-2016 Card is being produced!!!
08-Nov-2016 Card is mailed
10-Nov-2016 Card is Delivered!!!! YAY
CITIZENSHIP: 

Biometrics appointment for 2020-03-27 has been cancelled until further notice as all field offices are closed because of COVID-19.

***NOA dated 12/10/2020 USCIS stated they are able to reuse previous Biometrics***

Interview was easy. My hubby's Oath Ceremony is scheduled for February 25th. I can't watch >sad< but happy he is getting his certificate!

25-FEB-2021 Oath Ceremony! My hubby is a Citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It is my understanding that they are not joking or trying to break the ice. Their intention is to make the beneficiary uncomfortable, because if the relationship is for a visa only, maybe the beneficiary will "crack".

I didn't get that feeling from Kiev at all. I think that most of us who have gone through there felt the decision was already made before the interview. Even if it is a denial for further proof.

Edited by Tanya and Barry

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

At this point, I am going to halt my responses until I get better information from her. She cannot scan anything as she currently only has a phone for internet. Of course, she could go to an internet cafe, but she can also write it to me. Once I get more info, I will post an update.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just to let everyone know - I never said I was fluent. I am advanced, but sometimes 1 word can make the entire sentence different. I always translate from google, bing, and yandex to make sure I am correct. Many times the translation is horrible from those sites and I often understand the Russian better than the English translation.The moderator in here said to translate it. And I wanted to google translate it for everyone. I had a Russian woman here in my town try to translate it and she was confused also. Someone mentioned she may have been drunk when she wrote me. I did not think of that, but very possible. Sometimes, she helps her friend cleaning in a bar, but I do see her getting drunk - which i do not like. Now, I just need to find the refusal number 221,212,214 to see what I can do next. I am debating about traveling to Kiev, but I want more info before I hop on the plane.

I checked you timeline, it says 1-129f sent in may 15th 2012. Am just curious if that date is correct since is over a year now plus you said you two got engage september last year?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yes, it is correct. We planned to get married in Ukraine in March (I wanted December originally, but it is kinda cold). I was in "busy season" in Florida where I work so I wanted to gain some more money before I returned. So, why not return in April on her birthday, which I did. I needed photos from her within 30 days of filing according to the I-129 petition and I do not trust Ukraine mail system. So, once I returned, I was debating about getting a lawyer or just doing the forms myself. If I had a lawyer, it would cost a lot and most people said just do it yourself because it is only paperwork. I did fine on the USCIS side. She said she will wait 6 months and let's try so we did. I filled out the petition on May12th, but it was the weekend, so it arrived in Dallas on May 15th - right on time from the day we took the photos in Nikolaev, Ukraine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

At this point, I am going to halt my responses until I get better information from her. She cannot scan anything as she currently only has a phone for internet. Of course, she could go to an internet cafe, but she can also write it to me. Once I get more info, I will post an update.

Good idea, because any responses would be pure speculation at this point. Have you talked to her at all since yesterday? Do you even know know if she went?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes, it is correct. We planned to get married in Ukraine in March (I wanted December originally, but it is kinda cold). I was in "busy season" in Florida where I work so I wanted to gain some more money before I returned. So, why not return in April on her birthday, which I did. I needed photos from her within 30 days of filing according to the I-129 petition and I do not trust Ukraine mail system. So, once I returned, I was debating about getting a lawyer or just doing the forms myself. If I had a lawyer, it would cost a lot and most people said just do it yourself because it is only paperwork. I did fine on the USCIS side. She said she will wait 6 months and let's try so we did. I filled out the petition on May12th, but it was the weekend, so it arrived in Dallas on May 15th - right on time from the day we took the photos in Nikolaev, Ukraine.

Oh ok, that was long journey. Do you know why it took over a year to get approved, was there any RFE?

On a government website somewhere it did say something about as you say "sharks" outside the embassy. I believe this happened to her when she was trying to get a medical exam a few weeks ago. She said she received one at a local doctor, but I was very upset because I knew she went to the wrong one. She had the receipt for it, too. So, I told her where to go in Kiev and she did that last Friday so that was all ok. Thanks so much for those helping and caring as I will continue to read and post as all we can do is speculate until I get the exact reason.

She is at work right now and she works on a 24 hour schedule for a taxi service in Kiev so her replies are minimum. Today she did say that it is hard for me to explain over the phone as she can only text. I told her we really need to sit on skype and take a few hours to discuss this on camera when you are not working, but i asked her a few questions asking reason for denial and did she receive any papers. So far, she has not responded.

You know I hope I am wrong but there are so many suspicious things going on here. The medical exam at the wrong doctor? Perhaps, but is it possible that she did not take a medical exam at all? I mean in the Philippines you can buy a receipt from any agency for a few pesos. They will fill it out for you and one could easily present this to their fiance and it would appear very real, because it is a "real" receipt.

As far as scammers go, yes it's true. I was at the interview with my spouse in Manila and there were hucksters all over the place. They were scaring people into taking passport photos because they would say the ones they had brought would not be allowed.(Yes they had digital cameras and portable backgrounds, would take the photos and brought them back in about 30 minutes. They were selling passport covers saying the embassy would not accept a passport that was not in a cover. Of course I knew this to be false. In fact, if your passport was in a cover you had to remove it first.

Perhaps she did her real medical too close to her interview and the embassy had not yet received the results. I hope this is the case. I know at least in the Philippines it takes a minimum of 2-5 days for the embassy to get the results in hand from the only medical facility in all the Philippines that is allowed to do the exams.(St Lukes)

A 24 hour schedule? She drives taxi for 24 hours at a time? I hope not.

Anyway, no matter what the truth hang in there. I will be praying for you. What is happening to you is really difficult, from both sides I am sure.

Good luck and GOD speed.

Aloha Ke Akua

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I didn't get that feeling from Kiev at all. I think that most of us who have gone through there felt the decision was already made before the interview. Even if it is a denial for further proof.

For other types of non immigrant visa yes the 95% decision is made even before the interview starts but I do not think same holds for the CR1 and K1 interviews.

Consulates or Embassy are more accountable for CR1 / K1 applications compared to any other non immigrant type of visa.

Even in case where they are refusing or denying the visa they need a very good reason.

Knowing all these it would be extremely difficult for me to believe visa was refused just based on the look and no document was given at the point of refusal.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

OK - maybe order of things got twisted.

1. need KEV #? Call NVC, get it. I think you already got the KEV #.

2. want VISA INTERVIEW STATUS? Call DoS Hotline. shortcircuit the AVR, you want? Press 1, then 0.

What is the status from calling the DoS Hotline, talking to a human ?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

Just to let everyone know - I never said I was fluent. I am advanced, but sometimes 1 word can make the entire sentence different. I always translate from google, bing, and yandex to make sure I am correct. Many times the translation is horrible from those sites and I often understand the Russian better than the English translation.The moderator in here said to translate it. And I wanted to google translate it for everyone. I had a Russian woman here in my town try to translate it and she was confused also. Someone mentioned she may have been drunk when she wrote me. I did not think of that, but very possible. Sometimes, she helps her friend cleaning in a bar, but I do see her getting drunk - which i do not like. Now, I just need to find the refusal number 221,212,214 to see what I can do next. I am debating about traveling to Kiev, but I want more info before I hop on the plane.

Hmm. Im not really going to get into all the other stuff in the thread. But where exactly did you get these codes from 221, 212, 214? They are incomplete, but if you provide the complete code- the reason for denial can very easily be provided.

221g is just the general you were denied code.

212 depending on the letters/numbers attached after it can mean anything from health reasons to public charge to criminal records to missing documents

214 does not usually apply to K1s. However there have been cases where COs have denied people and checked off that box. It would mostly mean they dont believe shes eligible for the visa category she applied for. Either because the relationship is not legitimate or she is not single. Its very rare to happen because to get to the interview stage you were 'tentatively preapproved by USCIS' as being eligible.

She said she "Would wait 6 months."?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

She said she "Would wait 6 months."?

And will probably gladly wait another 6 months.

OUR K-1 JOURNEYMET ONLINE 2011MET IN BELARUS 2012SHE SAID YES!! 2012NOA1 06/22/2012WENT TO GREECE TOGETHER 08/01/2012VISITED HER IN BELARUS 11/07/2012NOA2 VIA EMAIL 12/05/2012EMBASSY INTERVIEW 02/13/2013VISA ISSUED 02/14/2013ARRIVED IN THE U.S. 02/26/2013MARRIED 03/16/2013AOS,EAD,AP FIled 04/02/2013NOA1 04/10/2013Biometrics completed 05/07/2013EAD card sent for production 06/13/2013EAD/AP card arrived in mail. 06/21/2013AOS approved 10/21/2013Green card arrived via mail 10/31/2013Removal of conditions mailed 08/04/2015 10 year card approved 06/08/2016 <p>

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Okay, obviously there is a lot going on for the OP here, so why don't you guys just cut him some slack. People say/write confusing things in this kind of situation because they can't think straight, so I think that explains that. If he filed the I-129 last year and they just got their interview appointment now, that's not the most unusual thing either. Many people who filed last summer had to wait forever for their NOA2.

Let's just calm down and see what he finds out.

Adjustment of Status:

07/09/2013 filed AOS/EAD/AP

07/15/2013 NOAs

08/07/2013 AOS RFE

08/09/2013 Biometrics

08/17/2013 RFE response received at NBC

09/11/2013 EAD/AP in production

09/19/2013 received EAD/AP

11/18/2013 potential interview waiver case notification

03/17/2014 Greencard approved and in production

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.