Takinit2u

Visa Denied because I am ugly???

156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Are we being hornswaggled (sp?)?? Could be huh?

I have no doubt.

Oh no! It's Inspector Gary Clouseau! Last time he tried this he harassed a poor abused woman and told her she was a fake. He used his "super language skills" to tell her that she couldn't speak English that well. And he never came back to say sorry when he was proved wrong, Poor woman.

crying.gif

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

In the visa interview, they can and will say things to gauge the person's reaction. So it is possible that she was asked something about your looks, or an accusation was made about it, but that was not the reason for the denial. If a comment like that was made, and her reaction did not allay that concern, in addition to other similar "failed" reactions to questions, they may have concluded she was duping you to get to the US.

So they could have mentioned your looks but that was not why she was denied. You will need to find the real reason.

He has the country name wrong (he lived there and cannot get the name right) They do not go to the Embassy. No timeline, 3 posts all in this thread.

You got sucked right in. Maybe he should be posting in the Isreal portal.

Y'all have fun.

The OP will vanish now.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Closed for review***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I know some people in my previous topic think I am making this up, but I am not. The more I read, the more I get upset because I felt the way some of you have posted. Here is the Russian translation I received from my Skype after the supposed interview.

Я просто у Наташи в баре, она попросила о помощи, она сегодня одна работает, все болеют гриппом! Я зашла по расписанию и меня принял американский офицер и задавал разные странные вопросы, я все оригиналы документов все не давала, он почему то сразу начал валить на вопросах и самое интересное, что задавал одни и те же вопросы одинаковые! Он мне отдал паспорт и сказал ' Досвилания', я спросила, культурно, мне дадут визу, он сказал что нет! Я спросила причины, он сказал, что я со своими красивыми данными не могла влюбиться в тебя! Я вышла из посольства и пообщалась с людьми и мне сказали, я сама снова могу подать заявления о новом собеседовании.... я завтра на работе, но в четверг пойду снова подам заявления на собеседования! И как мне подскащали, что у меня есть 14 дней для подачи снова документов! И я думаю что будет все ок!

Why would I be lied to about this? If my fiance found someone else, why would she not just say so? Someone mentioned I was lying because of my screen name which is takinit2u - this is because I play texas hold'em along with many competitive games, but that is beyond the point.

I need to check with the consulate in Kiev to see if she showed up, but how can I do this without the KEV number? I knew the 14-day thing was BS so either she lied about going or she definitely doesn't want to marry me which bothers me a lot from all that we have been through.

Timeline

~~~Thread back open, two posts that do not add anything constructive to the discussion flow have been removed. Post constructively or do not post. Failure to follow this directive will result in a thread ban.~~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline
Я просто у Наташи в баре, она попросила о помощи, она сегодня одна работает, все болеют гриппом! Я зашла по расписанию и меня принял американский офицер и задавал разные странные вопросы, я все оригиналы документов все не давала, он почему то сразу начал валить на вопросах и самое интересное, что задавал одни и те же вопросы одинаковые! Он мне отдал паспорт и сказал ' Досвилания', я спросила, культурно, мне дадут визу, он сказал что нет! Я спросила причины, он сказал, что я со своими красивыми данными не могла влюбиться в тебя! Я вышла из посольства и пообщалась с людьми и мне сказали, я сама снова могу подать заявления о новом собеседовании.... я завтра на работе, но в четверг пойду снова подам заявления на собеседования! И как мне подскащали, что у меня есть 14 дней для подачи снова документов! И я думаю что будет все ок!

**Are you able to provide a rough translation of this into English? Since many other members may not understand a language other than English, we usually ask that use of a language other than English be limited to the regional forums only.**

***Additionally, I merged the post this is quoted from into the existing thread.***

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you should have the KEV numberr, can get from NVC via telephone, right now.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Sorry, here is the translation.

"I just Natasha at the bar, she asked for help, it is today one works, all have flu! I went on a schedule and I took an American officer and asked all sorts of strange questions, I am all the original documents did not give, why is he at once began to bring down on the issues and the fun that asked the same questions of the same! He gave me a passport and said, 'Dosvilaniya', I asked, culturally, they give me a visa, he said no! I asked the reason, he said that I was with my beautiful data could not fall in love with you! I came out of the embassy and talked to people and they told me, I'll again I apply for a new job interview .... I'm at work tomorrow, but will go again on Thursday will file an application for the interview! And as I podskaschali that I have 14 days to file documents again! And I think that everything will be ok!"

Thanks, i will call the NVC and check and let you know what happened. I did do a timeline and it was actually right on schedule. Originally, my fiance's interview was last Tuesday but said she called the consulate to cancel it because she didn't have her medical exam done (that part was true). Anyway, I will check.

This is a joke, right? There's no way that's even close to being amissable ANYWHERE.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Ahhh....Google Translate...the exact same text I got when I pasted it in. But I don't really understand what is being said here.

XMY93gI.jpgXMY9m5.png

AAD1m5.pngThankYouUSA-Kosova.jpg

See my Timeline for details of our visa journey
17-Aug-2011 Our Wedding Day in Kosovo 
07-Nov-2011 Filed I-130
21-Nov-2011 NOA1
23-Aug-2012 NOA2 Approved 276 days
10-Jan-2013 Case complete via email

28-Feb-2013 Interview, result AP
11-Apr-2013 Embassy appointment - VISA APPROVED and issued in 4 hours
30-Apr-2013 POE Chicago O'Hare - He's home!

04-Sep-2014 Moved to northern California

12-Mar-2015 Filed ROC
16-Mar-2015 Documents delivered
18-Mar-2015 Check cashed
19-Mar-2015 NOA1 dated 03/16/2015 received in mail
13-Apr-2015 Biometrics completed
02-Feb-2016 Contacted USCIS about case, was told it's on hold because of security checks (email)
04-Mar-2016 Moved to Wisconsin
12-Aug-2016 New Biometrics appointment
14-Sep-2016 Contacted USCIS again about case (email said we should hear from them by Oct 6)
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 explaining the Service Request is currently being reviewed by an officer.
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 with Interview appointment for both of us for 28-Sep-2016
28-Sep-2016 Interview, both of us, separated, not hard, 10 min. each, result---said hubby will get GC in about 10 days
26-Oct-2016 *****STILL WAITING*****
02-Nov-2016 Card is being produced!!!
08-Nov-2016 Card is mailed
10-Nov-2016 Card is Delivered!!!! YAY
CITIZENSHIP: 

Biometrics appointment for 2020-03-27 has been cancelled until further notice as all field offices are closed because of COVID-19.

***NOA dated 12/10/2020 USCIS stated they are able to reuse previous Biometrics***

Interview was easy. My hubby's Oath Ceremony is scheduled for February 25th. I can't watch >sad< but happy he is getting his certificate!

25-FEB-2021 Oath Ceremony! My hubby is a Citizen!

Sorry, here is the translation.

"I just Natasha at the bar, she asked for help, it is today one works, all have flu! I went on a schedule and I took an American officer and asked all sorts of strange questions, I am all the original documents did not give, why is he at once began to bring down on the issues and the fun that asked the same questions of the same! He gave me a passport and said, 'Dosvilaniya', I asked, culturally, they give me a visa, he said no! I asked the reason, he said that I was with my beautiful data could not fall in love with you! I came out of the embassy and talked to people and they told me, I'll again I apply for a new job interview .... I'm at work tomorrow, but will go again on Thursday will file an application for the interview! And as I podskaschali that I have 14 days to file documents again! And I think that everything will be ok!"

Thanks, i will call the NVC and check and let you know what happened. I did do a timeline and it was actually right on schedule. Originally, my fiance's interview was last Tuesday but said she called the consulate to cancel it because she didn't have her medical exam done (that part was true). Anyway, I will check.

You said can speak Russian, she is not very good in English. The translation is exactly same what Google Translate did for me.Hmmmm, I wondering now.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

Yes, it is a google translation as I said I got it from Skype. I do speak Russian, but I do not have a Russian keyboard. Of course, I could use it in the translation, but it would take me forever. I am in the US right now. I was confused at first and asked her - so you were denied because you did not have your documents. She said no, she had all her necessary documents, but the guy didn't take them. He asked the same question over and over but in a different way. Then she said she spoke to people outside and they said she can be interviewed again in 14 days. This is where I knew something wasn't right. I have read many things in here on my journey, but wanted to wait to post anything because I was so stressed out in getting all these documents to her and now I am being lied to about something. I just don't know what. I posted this soon after I saw the translation just to see if anyone has ever heard such nonsense. As people have said:

1. It isn't the reason. I have never been given what I would feel be a proper reason.

2. is this a total lie or a lot of exaggeration? I ask about exaggeration because she may be scared to tell me something. I spent a lot of time with her and I am surprised a lie would just burst out.

3. She said she didn't receive any papers and just her passport. Does everyone receive papers?

I worked on this process for a very long time to make sure all the paperwork was complete and accurate. I had no issue with the USCIS and no request for evidence.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Stranger and stranger.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

I'm sorry this is happening to you. Yes the CO can ask the same questions in different ways. My husband was grilled in this manner because they suspected fraud because of our age difference. As far as I know, a paper is always given.

XMY93gI.jpgXMY9m5.png

AAD1m5.pngThankYouUSA-Kosova.jpg

See my Timeline for details of our visa journey
17-Aug-2011 Our Wedding Day in Kosovo 
07-Nov-2011 Filed I-130
21-Nov-2011 NOA1
23-Aug-2012 NOA2 Approved 276 days
10-Jan-2013 Case complete via email

28-Feb-2013 Interview, result AP
11-Apr-2013 Embassy appointment - VISA APPROVED and issued in 4 hours
30-Apr-2013 POE Chicago O'Hare - He's home!

04-Sep-2014 Moved to northern California

12-Mar-2015 Filed ROC
16-Mar-2015 Documents delivered
18-Mar-2015 Check cashed
19-Mar-2015 NOA1 dated 03/16/2015 received in mail
13-Apr-2015 Biometrics completed
02-Feb-2016 Contacted USCIS about case, was told it's on hold because of security checks (email)
04-Mar-2016 Moved to Wisconsin
12-Aug-2016 New Biometrics appointment
14-Sep-2016 Contacted USCIS again about case (email said we should hear from them by Oct 6)
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 explaining the Service Request is currently being reviewed by an officer.
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 with Interview appointment for both of us for 28-Sep-2016
28-Sep-2016 Interview, both of us, separated, not hard, 10 min. each, result---said hubby will get GC in about 10 days
26-Oct-2016 *****STILL WAITING*****
02-Nov-2016 Card is being produced!!!
08-Nov-2016 Card is mailed
10-Nov-2016 Card is Delivered!!!! YAY
CITIZENSHIP: 

Biometrics appointment for 2020-03-27 has been cancelled until further notice as all field offices are closed because of COVID-19.

***NOA dated 12/10/2020 USCIS stated they are able to reuse previous Biometrics***

Interview was easy. My hubby's Oath Ceremony is scheduled for February 25th. I can't watch >sad< but happy he is getting his certificate!

25-FEB-2021 Oath Ceremony! My hubby is a Citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

so, here's what ya do.

1. get the KEV # from NVC, use a telephone when they are open.

2. call the DoS Hotline, inquire for casefile status, giving over the KEV #, when they are open .

That's it...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.