Takinit2u

Visa Denied because I am ugly???

156 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I feel there is BS somewhere, too, but I am searching for it. I have better things to do with my time than to try to make people think I am lying. I came in here for help and not to trick anyone. I wanted to send the google translation to show what she had written in skype. I just copied and pasted in here. Someone seemed confused about why I wouldn't just translate it without google. Reason" because I wanted people to see exactly what was written without me trying to explain because if you see how that can be explained, people would still think I am lying. While many in here think I am playing, this information I received or should I say lack of information is upsetting me greatly. I proposed to my fiance at a dolphin show in Odessa on September 1st last year. We originally planned to marry in Ukraine (wanted to make someone happy with semantics so no "the" with Ukraine). I returned to the United States to gain extra income in November, plus we had a big fight. In March, we discussed the possibility of moving to Florida and agreed we should try. Her birthday was in April so I returned to Ukraine in April. I wanted to stay in Ukraine, but decided it would be better for me to continue working in USA while I petition for her visa. As previously mentioned, everything in the USA went well, the American embassy in Kiev was on time, but yesterday was a heart-break for me. But now I am confused as to what the reason was/is. Once I know the reason, I can proceed. But even if the so-called "beauty" from an American government officer trying to see how she reacts still seems to me a bit on the discrimination side - if that was said. I did confront her about this and she swears to it. By the way, I am not the greatest looking person, but I am not ugly or some type of troll - not that that should matter anyway. I have been without my fiance for a long time and still not married so I am upset, confused, and searching info on visa information along with checking airline tickets. So some of you may think this is funny or a joke, but this is by no means a joke to me. I am the one in this awkward situation and my patience has run out with this visa process after the refusal or denial (i do not know which) yesterday. If she does get a 2nd interview, I will definitely be there on that one. Otherwise, it looks like my only option is to marry in Ukraine.

I feel there is BS somewhere, too, but I am searching for it. I have better things to do with my time than to try to make people think I am lying. I came in here for help and not to trick anyone. I wanted to send the google translation to show what she had written in skype. I just copied and pasted in here. Someone seemed confused about why I wouldn't just translate it without google. Reason" because I wanted people to see exactly what was written without me trying to explain because if you see how that can be explained, people would still think I am lying. While many in here think I am playing, this information I received or should I say lack of information is upsetting me greatly. I proposed to my fiance at a dolphin show in Odessa on September 1st last year. We originally planned to marry in Ukraine (wanted to make someone happy with semantics so no "the" with Ukraine). I returned to the United States to gain extra income in November, plus we had a big fight. In March, we discussed the possibility of moving to Florida and agreed we should try. Her birthday was in April so I returned to Ukraine in April. I wanted to stay in Ukraine, but decided it would be better for me to continue working in USA while I petition for her visa. As previously mentioned, everything in the USA went well, the American embassy in Kiev was on time, but yesterday was a heart-break for me. But now I am confused as to what the reason was/is. Once I know the reason, I can proceed. But even if the so-called "beauty" from an American government officer trying to see how she reacts still seems to me a bit on the discrimination side - if that was said. I did confront her about this and she swears to it. By the way, I am not the greatest looking person, but I am not ugly or some type of troll - not that that should matter anyway. I have been without my fiance for a long time and still not married so I am upset, confused, and searching info on visa information along with checking airline tickets. So some of you may think this is funny or a joke, but this is by no means a joke to me. I am the one in this awkward situation and my patience has run out with this visa process after the refusal or denial (i do not know which) yesterday. If she does get a 2nd interview, I will definitely be there on that one. Otherwise, it looks like my only option is to marry in Ukraine.

Agreed. If there is a second interview, you should be there and being a witness what is going on. Hope you will get a better luck at second chance. Keep posted. Most people are care about you and that's why we are here trying to figure out if might be something odd happens.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

It's so sad that these people let their power go to their heads and they play God with people's lives. I've heard stories like this before. "The man is much too short for his fiance". "The woman is fat. Surly her fit fiance wouldn't want her." "The woman looks too old for her fiance." "The couple aren't financially matched" etc etc etc.

I don't believe you are spinning us a yarn, I think something's up on the other end. She would have been given a paper with the reason for the denial on it. Until you can find out what the reason is, one way or the other, everyone is pretty much guessing what's up. Keep trying to find out what happened.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

OP: Don't worry about the secret "detectives" here. There are other people willing to help.

That being said, have you actually TALKED to your fiance since her interview? It seems like all you know is some text message. You need to talk with her and get her to relate the entire interview to you. Then you need to ask her exactly what she was told to do next.

As far as people outside the embassy, I have heard that in some locations there are sharks and other hustlers trying to trick people into giving them whatever, money, or information. Have her relay to you, who said what, where this person was when they said it who said it. I hope she wasn't talking advice from some random person on the street.

She seems confused and cannot relate to you what happened to her. Is she giving up? She seems not to care too much if she only texts you afterward.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Yes, the title of this post is a good attention getter, but I didn't perceive it to be that way. As you can see from her translation, that is why I wrote it. According to her, she said the consulate said she was denied or refused a visa because she was too pretty for me and I was too ugly for her. Obviously, this is strange. After reading all these messages and speaking to other Russian people, this is what I think:

She did go to the interview, but was refused or denied and scared to tell me the real reason. I am sure she wants to be married. I have met her family, friends, etc...

She may very well be bailing. It is one of those things where everyone else can probably see it and I am too stupid to see it because I don't want that to be true.

We do have communication issues, but not really from the language. My Russian friend here in Florida says to me she needs to grow up and become more responsible. I agree because she does bail on important issues.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Nothing is OBVIOUS on the interweb.

You can say that againwow.gif

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

but for those trying to help me, thank you.

I've had to contact the Embassy directly twice. Once for my wife because of the 2010 Volcano. And for my stepson about an aging out question. I received a complete answer within 24 hours on both.

Try emailing kyivniv@state.gov. Make sure you have the KEV number and her name. Don't go on about harassment and discrimination. Just ask about the disposition of the case. Be nice :-) It always helps...

Take Care,

Barry

Edited by Tanya and Barry

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

but for those trying to help me, thank you.

Sorry but it doesn't add up. There has to be more to this from her end. Is she telling you EVERYTHING? Did they give her any paperwork? There are missing pieces of the puzzle here. I'm sorry this has happened to you. Can she scan it and send you what they gave her?

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just a thought, I have read many comments here that COs have made as "jokes", i.e. why would marry a bald man, why would you marry a man as old as your father etc.Unfortunately, given cultural differences and the gravity of situation, they made not be understood or even funny and may make the beneficiary very uncomfortable. It is entirely possible that CO may have made such a comment as joke or ice breaker (I know at our AOS interview the guy was trying to be funny and my wife did not understand at all). With the 2 week return interview there may some documents missing but she didn't understand the COs humor and may think that had something to do with it. Good luck to you.

Edited by khwaidee1

Timeline

On a government website somewhere it did say something about as you say "sharks" outside the embassy. I believe this happened to her when she was trying to get a medical exam a few weeks ago. She said she received one at a local doctor, but I was very upset because I knew she went to the wrong one. She had the receipt for it, too. So, I told her where to go in Kiev and she did that last Friday so that was all ok. Thanks so much for those helping and caring as I will continue to read and post as all we can do is speculate until I get the exact reason.

She is at work right now and she works on a 24 hour schedule for a taxi service in Kiev so her replies are minimum. Today she did say that it is hard for me to explain over the phone as she can only text. I told her we really need to sit on skype and take a few hours to discuss this on camera when you are not working, but i asked her a few questions asking reason for denial and did she receive any papers. So far, she has not responded.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.