Takinit2u

Visa Denied because I am ugly???

156 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

In Kiev embassy Ukraine. My fiance said her visa was denied because I was ugly and she was too pretty to love me. This is quoted by an American officer - Is this not sexual harassment? Also, isn't there a law that requires a valid reason? I lived with my fiance overseas and we have been engaged for over a year. I currently am in America proving I can support her. Apparently, none of the documents mattered. I have plenty of evidence for a bona fide relationship as I was overseas working and that is how I met her. I lived with her for 3.5 months. Plenty of photos, etc. She said people outside of the embassy said she could interview again in 14 days. Has anyone ever heard of this? It looks like I will travel back to the Ukraine very soon. Any help here is appreciated.

In Kiev embassy Ukraine. My fiance said her visa was denied because I was ugly and she was too pretty to love me. This is quoted by an American officer - Is this not sexual harassment? Also, isn't there a law that requires a valid reason? I lived with my fiance overseas and we have been engaged for over a year. I currently am in America proving I can support her. Apparently, none of the documents mattered. I have plenty of evidence for a bona fide relationship as I was overseas working and that is how I met her. I lived with her for 3.5 months. Plenty of photos, etc. She said people outside of the embassy said she could interview again in 14 days. Has anyone ever heard of this? It looks like I will travel back to the Ukraine very soon. Any help here is appreciated.

Oh no way, that sounds horrible. I never had heard "someone was denied by their looks". I am sorry to hear the refusal. cray5ol.gif

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

If the K-1 was denied she cannot re-interiew in 14 days, they may have been thinking she was applying for a tourist visa.

I would suggest you return, marry, and apply for a CR-1. Gather more evidence of your relationship and submit it with your new petition.

And sorry for what some ignorant person said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

She was given some papers at the interview.

Ask her to scan all, and email to you.

Once you have these papers, redact them, post here, we can vette stuff for you.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Can I sue for discrimination?

I guess you can write a letter or file a complaint to whoever may concern this process like DoS. If you want to sued them, it might be like walk on fire since the evidence is only your fiancee's testimony about what the officer had told her.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Could be libel or slander depending whether it was written or said.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I'm still new to this whole thing (just sent the I-129F today actually,) but I had this website saved on my favorites, and I think you should read it. It provides advice to be sure the denial of the K1 does not affect your fiancee when marrying.

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

I-129F Date: September 24th 2013
I-129F delivered (via USPS update): September 27th 2013 4:40 am
Check cashed: 10/2/2013 
NOA1 email: 10/2/2013
NOA1 hardcopy arrived: 10/7/2013

Alien registration number recieved: 10/21/2013
NOA2 email: 11/7/2013  only 37 days between NOA1 and NOA2...

NOA2 hard copy recieved: 11/12/2013
USCIS shipped I-129F approved petition to NVC: 12/9/2013
NVC receives petition: 12/17/2013

NVC ships petition to London embassy: 12/19/2013
London receives petition: 12/23/2013

CEAC marked as ready: 12/23/2013
Random CEAC status updated date: 12/27/2013

Readiness of Action form submitted: 3/11/2014 (original medical date of 3/12 delayed...)
Medical in London: 4/16/2014
Packet 4 received: 4/28/2014
Interview date: 5/12/2014 APPROVED!!! 

Enter US:  August 2014

Married:  October 2014

Adjustment of status paperwork sent:  End October 2014

Biometrics:  November 2014

Letter from USCIS telling us backlog, expecting an answer in 6 months:  Feb 2015

Interview with USCIS:  August 2015.  Agent says will be approving

Receive Greencard:  Sep 2015

File for Removing of Conditions:  7/27/17

NOA1 Letter:  Dated 8/1, receive 8/5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Am sorry to hear about the denial but like somebody else said there is always 3 sides to every story. I think you should find out exactly the reason for the denial because I don't think Its possible that someone can be denied base on looks. Maybe the CO was not convinced enough that the relationship is real. Is there a huge age difference, what kind of docs did you provide to proof the relationship was real, has your fiancee ever been denied a us visa before? Have your fiancee scan and email you the denail letter and see what it says. Based on what it says , you can contact your congressman and see if it can be appealed.

Edited by godlove

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks everyone for the info. Yes, I agree there is something not right here and I am checking. I worked in Ukraine for a year and lived with her for 3.5 months. Age difference = 9 years. I have almost daily skype evidence from day 1 in Ukraine, photos in Odessa, Kiev, Nikolaev. I have airfare returning on her birthday, etc, etc...She has never been denied a visa, no criminal history. She speaks little to no English, but I do speak Russian. She is asleep right now, but I will definitely be doing some fact checking. According to her, she was just given her passport back without papers.

Thanks everyone for the info. Yes, I agree there is something not right here and I am checking. I worked in Ukraine for a year and lived with her for 3.5 months. Age difference = 9 years. I have almost daily skype evidence from day 1 in Ukraine, photos in Odessa, Kiev, Nikolaev. I have airfare returning on her birthday, etc, etc...She has never been denied a visa, no criminal history. She speaks little to no English, but I do speak Russian. She is asleep right now, but I will definitely be doing some fact checking. According to her, she was just given her passport back without papers.

Again, no expert here, but I did research a lot on reasons why it could be denied (Boy Scout Motto, always be prepared). What stands out to me could be the little to no English.

Either way, good luck.

I-129F Date: September 24th 2013
I-129F delivered (via USPS update): September 27th 2013 4:40 am
Check cashed: 10/2/2013 
NOA1 email: 10/2/2013
NOA1 hardcopy arrived: 10/7/2013

Alien registration number recieved: 10/21/2013
NOA2 email: 11/7/2013  only 37 days between NOA1 and NOA2...

NOA2 hard copy recieved: 11/12/2013
USCIS shipped I-129F approved petition to NVC: 12/9/2013
NVC receives petition: 12/17/2013

NVC ships petition to London embassy: 12/19/2013
London receives petition: 12/23/2013

CEAC marked as ready: 12/23/2013
Random CEAC status updated date: 12/27/2013

Readiness of Action form submitted: 3/11/2014 (original medical date of 3/12 delayed...)
Medical in London: 4/16/2014
Packet 4 received: 4/28/2014
Interview date: 5/12/2014 APPROVED!!! 

Enter US:  August 2014

Married:  October 2014

Adjustment of status paperwork sent:  End October 2014

Biometrics:  November 2014

Letter from USCIS telling us backlog, expecting an answer in 6 months:  Feb 2015

Interview with USCIS:  August 2015.  Agent says will be approving

Receive Greencard:  Sep 2015

File for Removing of Conditions:  7/27/17

NOA1 Letter:  Dated 8/1, receive 8/5

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.