mrsbourffada

You don't know her very well...

55 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well,

Driss had his interview today and was asked questions like "what exact day did you tell her that you loved her"? "exactly how many friends does she have?" "how many miles are there between her house and her job?" They didn't ask any questions that I would have guessed. If I asked married couples that have been married for fifty years what exact date they told each other they loved one another, in most cases, they wouldn't have any idea! He was then told "well, you don't know her very well" and that she is writing her report and sending it to the NVC. I don't know what to do next, my heart is broken. They asked him about his friend, who has been going through immigration proceedings for a long time. He has been denied once for a K1 and is now going CR1 route with his wife. They asked him if they discuss immigrating a lot. I don't know if that had anything to do with his denial or not. I'm just at a loss as to what I can do next. I will head to Morocco in the next month to spend a few weeks with him.

You posted the questions, how about the answers that your husband gave to the consul?

The questions are somewhat out of this world (like in that Sandra Bullock-Ryan Reynolds movie :lol: ) but can still be answered if you think about it.

I have been with my man since 2000 and I can still remember the day he first told me he loved me. I can name 10 of his closest friends but I'd say I don't know exactly how many friends he has. I can say he travels to work by walking and riding the train which takes him 25-30 minutes (one-way).

It may not be in exact but it would prove something rather than just telling the consul "I don't know." Right?

Edited by apple21

Filed: Timeline
1355795269[/url]' post='5877119']

You don't think so, but I have driven my wife to work a bunch of times and I still guessed wrong when I put it into Google Maps. I thought 2 miles at the most. It was 5.

Also, I'm sure you don't even know how many friends you have. You would have to take time to count them by name and even then there will be people you are missing. These questions were worded inappropriately. Do they want to know how many acquaintances? How many close friends? How many friends that used to be close but now they only talk on facebook? I suppose if you start naming them off you could count them that way. But I don't know of anyone who tells their spouse how many friends they a actually have. I've been married for 3.5 years and I still don't know all of my wife's friends. I know there are some people at work she hangs out with. I know a few of their names because we hang out too. But my wife hasn't mentioned all of their names. I'm sure I'll meet them later on when I go and see her at her school if she needs me there for whatever reason.

Exactly, that's kinda how I saw it too. good.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

No please don't misunderstand me. You didn't marry on your first visit like the OP did. We all know coming from morocco, this is a huge red flag. We also know multiple visits are very important as well. You took your time, thou u got engaged, you didn't run back two months later and marry. You did what is expected, you got to know the man you were gonna marry. Five years is amazing, and your the kind of couples we love to see. However, I stand my ground, saying marrying just after meeting is almost a done deal in morocco with no visits after that.

Yes couples do make it through....but my point in all this was, get to know your partner before jumping the gun knowing you are about to go through one of the toughest consulates known here.

I agree with you on the first visit and getting married fast and I also agree that longevity is important.

But what is done is done and she can't change it and the best way to overcome it is to give them proof. So I think her going to live there with him will show great dedication to making their marriage work.

My husband and I discussed the process and we have waited this long because we knew that the more time together and proof we had the better.

I pray that the OP will find a solution and get an approval real soon!

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I don't think these questions really sound that odd. I'm so sorry about your denial OP. I think my husband and I would easily be able to answer those questions and we've known each other for a little over a year and been married 2 months. We would have been able to answer them when we were still an ocean apart. I don't think it is unreasonable to know how long your spouse's commute is or how many friends they have or when you first confessed or realized your love.

Do you not talk about those things when you chat?

I don't know how far it is in miles to his work, but I know what time he leaves, what time he starts, what time he finishes (normally), the names of his co-workers (and bosses). He's only been there about 3 months. I don't need to know how many miles and i'm betting even he doesn't know how far it is (I just asked then google mapped he didn't know "exactly" though he did tell me minute wise, just like I know).

I also do not know the EXACT day my husband (then boyfriend) told me he loved me. I have it screen shotted somewhere but he couldn't tell you that either. That day isn't really that important. Sure, it was a great day, but we've been married 3 years, known each other for over 5. A lot has happened in that time. I can tell you when he asked me out, i can tell you when and how he proposed. But professing love? Knowing that EXACT date seems like you are trying WAY too hard, or hey, maybe it was a special date.

I also couldn't tell you exactly how many friends Tony has. He has a lot of people he would call friends but I wouldn't call friends, like someone else said. You mean best friends? Maybe 3 but they asked "exactly" and you can't compare answers. He has friends from his military days, college days, high school days, work that I wouldn't think to count. The question was "EXACTLY" how many friends. If your spouse doesn't have that many, sure it's easy, but some people do.

1355797423[/url]' post='5877171']

I agree with you on the first visit and getting married fast and I also agree that longevity is important.

But what is done is done and she can't change it and the best way to overcome it is to give them proof. So I think her going to live there with him will show great dedication to making their marriage work.

My husband and I discussed the process and we have waited this long because we knew that the more time together and proof we had the better.

I pray that the OP will find a solution and get an approval real soon!

I totally agree.. If she has a co sponsor willing to help her then going there to live is agreeable.

Edited by foreverwaiting

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thats Y its important ppl become true friends B4 marriage, dont ppl talk?

U chat about every little thing schooldays, U pulled Jens hair in school, the

veggies mom forced on U that U hated, your best friend in high school, mentioning

friends co-workers name, colors U like, these R the things ppl do when dating

especially long distance, My wife have known ince she met me I dont eat melon

or pork because it comes up, and trust me I rememer when I 1st said I loved U.I

could give the yr and moment..em em :blush:

How many miles between work and home? Geez I don't know how many miles I drive for work. I can tell you it takes 45 minutes to an hour though... as for my husband HA! I couldn't tell you where it is! That's why I have a GPS.

"Exactly how many friends?" How exactly did they expect THEY would know the answers? You husband could have said "five" and been denied for lying. It's a totally bizarre interview technique.

I suggest the same as pushbrk, get him to write it all down while it's still fresh in his mind. When he has your next interview, I suggest you fly there to attend it.

I second the motion. I can't believe there are some CO's who would this so much far questions when it's all only about the relationship.

Kinda scary. :help:

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

this is a major injustice if I were you and I could afford it I would get a lawyer and sue them. they approved your petition and deny at interview based on some questions that are way out there. and no one should have to wait few years and travel back and forth in an effort to provide more evidence that is unreasonable. If you wish to marry someone from Morocco then it means waiting a few years? that is rubbish I feel. now you must visit again and spend time and maybe visit more and respond to NOID and then gather more evidence??? what a waste of time you could spend living your life. all for living in USA which is such a great privilege....just amazing.

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

this is a major injustice if I were you and I could afford it I would get a lawyer and sue them. they approved your petition and deny at interview based on some questions that are way out there. and no one should have to wait few years and travel back and forth in an effort to provide more evidence that is unreasonable. If you wish to marry someone from Morocco then it means waiting a few years? that is rubbish I feel. now you must visit again and spend time and maybe visit more and respond to NOID and then gather more evidence??? what a waste of time you could spend living your life. all for living in USA which is such a great privilege....just amazing.

please tell me the name and contact # of the attorney you vetted 'this advice' with.

I need to talk to him, asap.

Thanks in advance !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

I didnt vetted this advise with anyone. a decision has to be made wether to proceed with groveling with embassy to get a visa. she has the opportunity to consult a lawyer. if she can afford one its not waste of time. going on multiple trips and documenting all evidences and replying to NOID and getting second interview is all great but she is missing out major time with her husband bcoz the embassy chose to ask questions that are borderline irrelevant. that is BS. most of us will do anything necessary to get our spouses to USA but there comes a time when you have to draw the line. that is my personal opinion.

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Timeline

I'm sorry, you mentioned suing the Department of State. I'm asking you, directly, to give me the name and number of the attorney that you used to vette this action, prior to you giving your opinion about so doing.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

They asked a bunch if questions that even they didn't know the answer to, like the first couple you mentioned about your personal life. Looks to me like they were convinced your relationship is a fraud and were going to deny you anyways unless your husband proved otherwise

Edited by Thatgirl2

Timeline

They asked a bunch if questions that even they didn't know the answer to, like the first couple you mentioned about your personal life. Looks to me like they were convinced your relationship is a fraud and were going to deny you anyways unless your husband proved otherwise

Ya, I'm leaning towards that as well.

IMO, that decision, to 'shift the questioning that-a-way',

stems from something in the casefile, or even missing from the casefile.

1355809570[/url]' post='5877427']

Who said wait two years??? If your speaking about my posts, I said .....

With such a high fraud consulate, and a little research here on visa journey, couples can very well get a visa, but only if the couples take it slow and make multiple trips with extended stays or a few weeks each visit the first year and thereafter.

The thereafter means, should you get married on your year of meeting, you obviously have to file fr a cr1, that takes about a year, so yes, you do need to continue to prove your marriage isn't feud with another trip and if that means the second year, well that's what it means.

Edited by foreverwaiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.