mrsbourffada

You don't know her very well...

55 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well,

Driss had his interview today and was asked questions like "what exact day did you tell her that you loved her"? "exactly how many friends does she have?" "how many miles are there between her house and her job?" They didn't ask any questions that I would have guessed. If I asked married couples that have been married for fifty years what exact date they told each other they loved one another, in most cases, they wouldn't have any idea! He was then told "well, you don't know her very well" and that she is writing her report and sending it to the NVC. I don't know what to do next, my heart is broken. They asked him about his friend, who has been going through immigration proceedings for a long time. He has been denied once for a K1 and is now going CR1 route with his wife. They asked him if they discuss immigrating a lot. I don't know if that had anything to do with his denial or not. I'm just at a loss as to what I can do next. I will head to Morocco in the next month to spend a few weeks with him.

pAAEm7.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Well,

Driss had his interview today and was asked questions like "what exact day did you tell her that you loved her"? "exactly how many friends does she have?" "how many miles are there between her house and her job?" They didn't ask any questions that I would have guessed. If I asked married couples that have been married for fifty years what exact date they told each other they loved one another, in most cases, they wouldn't have any idea! He was then told "well, you don't know her very well" and that she is writing her report and sending it to the NVC. I don't know what to do next, my heart is broken. They asked him about his friend, who has been going through immigration proceedings for a long time. He has been denied once for a K1 and is now going CR1 route with his wife. They asked him if they discuss immigrating a lot. I don't know if that had anything to do with his denial or not. I'm just at a loss as to what I can do next. I will head to Morocco in the next month to spend a few weeks with him.

A long visit is a great next step. It's impossible to provide any additional advice without knowing the actual circumstances of your relationship.

You can start now to prepare your response to the Notice of Intent to Revoke that you'll receive in a few months from USCIS. One step in doing that is to have your spouse write a very detailed report of his interview experience from the time he entered the Embassy until he left, including all questions asked and ALL ANSWERS. Make it as close to verbatim as humanly possible.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

How many miles between work and home? Geez I don't know how many miles I drive for work. I can tell you it takes 45 minutes to an hour though... as for my husband HA! I couldn't tell you where it is! That's why I have a GPS.

"Exactly how many friends?" How exactly did they expect THEY would know the answers? You husband could have said "five" and been denied for lying. It's a totally bizarre interview technique.

I suggest the same as pushbrk, get him to write it all down while it's still fresh in his mind. When he has your next interview, I suggest you fly there to attend it.

Timeline

A long visit is a great next step. It's impossible to provide any additional advice without knowing the actual circumstances of your relationship.

You can start now to prepare your response to the Notice of Intent to Revoke that you'll receive in a few months from USCIS. One step in doing that is to have your spouse write a very detailed report of his interview experience from the time he entered the Embassy until he left, including all questions asked and ALL ANSWERS. Make it as close to verbatim as humanly possible.

Thanks for this advice. I certainly will tell him. It will be a much needed visit to cool down after this disappointment. I was there for five weeks in February when we got married. I haven't been back as I'm a student, but I am taking spring semester off to go spend time time with him.

How many miles between work and home? Geez I don't know how many miles I drive for work. I can tell you it takes 45 minutes to an hour though... as for my husband HA! I couldn't tell you where it is! That's why I have a GPS.

"Exactly how many friends?" How exactly did they expect THEY would know the answers? You husband could have said "five" and been denied for lying. It's a totally bizarre interview technique.

I suggest the same as pushbrk, get him to write it all down while it's still fresh in his mind. When he has your next interview, I suggest you fly there to attend it.

The whole thing sounded insane to me. I wish that I could have attended this one, but Casablanca does not allow the USC to be present for the interview. I would have to wait across the street at the coffee shop. That place is a joke.

pAAEm7.png

Timeline

Thanks for this advice. I certainly will tell him. It will be a much needed visit to cool down after this disappointment. I was there for five weeks in February when we got married. I haven't been back as I'm a student, but I am taking spring semester off to go spend time time with him.

The whole thing sounded insane to me. I wish that I could have attended this one, but Casablanca does not allow the USC to be present for the interview. I would have to wait across the street at the coffee shop. That place is a joke.

Sorry to hear your news ... I agree it's a hard process to go through ... I'm here with my husband spending some QT now ... it's the best advice Pushbrk gave I think ... we are going through the samething too.

Married:.................................08/02/11
I-130 Sent:.............................05/21/12

I-130 Packet Recv'd:..............05/23/12
I-130 Touched:.......................05/25/12
I-130 NOA 1:..........................06/02/12
I-130 RFE:..............................09/06/12
I-130 RFE Sent:......................09/14/12
I-130 RFE Recv'd: ..................09/18/12
I-130 Petition Denied:.............10/09/12
2nd USCIS I-130 Petition
I-130 Sent:......................................12/17/14
I-130 Packet Recv'd:.......................12/22/14
I-130 NOA 1:...................................12/24/14
I-130 NOA 2:................................... 05/19/15
I-130 NOA 2 Hardcopy Recv'd: ......05/22/15
I-130 Petition Sent to NVC:.............05/26/15
I-130 Petition Recv'd At NVC:........................06/02/15
Case No. assigned Recv'd over phone: ....... 06/16/15
NVC Welcome letter Recv'd: .........................06/19/15
Agent assigned: .............................................07/06/15
AOS fee paid: .................................................07/06/15
AOS confirmed paid: ......................................07/08/15
IV Bill Recv'd by email:....................................07/21/15
IV Bill paid online:............................................08/01/15
Submit DS-260:...............................................08/10/15
AOS & IV Packet sent:....................................08/11/15
Scanned Date:.................................................08/13/15
Case Completed:.............................................08/31/15
Medical Exam : ...............................................10/28/15
Interview Date: ................................................11/11/15
Interview Date Rescheduled By Consulate : .12/04/15
Results: Approved Admin Review / AP..........12/08/15

Case Returned to USCIS .................................05/17/16

Case Reaffirmed: ..............................................09/18/17

Case Forwarded to Consulate: ........................10/12/17

2nd Interview: ...................................................11/17/17

Case Updated By Consulate: ............................12/28/17

Case Status Changed to Issued: ......................12/29/17
Visa Ready Pick up at Aramex: .........................12/30/17
Visa In Hand: ............01/03/18

My condolences... inshallah everything works out in the end

{OUR PROCESS}

*SENT PACKAGE DECEMBER 5TH 2012*

- Dec 9, 2012: Petition received by USCIS via USPS signature confirmation delivery

- Dec 13, 2012: Cleared check & NOA1 later in day

- Dec 18, 2012: NOA1 (hard copy) received in the mail dated the 12th Dec

- February 26, 2013: Petition is being transferred to another office

-February 28, 2013: Petition was received by unspecified office and alien registration number was changed.

-March 04, 2013: Called USCIS & found out our file was transferred to California Service Center.

-June 4, 2013 NOA2

-June 6, 2013: NVC Received petition

-June 19, 2013 : Petition left NVC

-July 3, 2013: Packet 3 Received (via email)

- Aug 13 2013: Interview Date : (Rescheduled for a later date)

- September 25, 2013: New interview date, initially approved but put into AP for insufficient co-sponsor.

- Sept. 25- Nov. 20th 2013: In AP due to insufficient co-sponsor

- Nov 21, 2013: CEAC website says visa is Issued :) YAY!

- Nov 26, 2013: Visa in hand dancin5hr.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well,

lol. How many friends exactly, should have been answered, "She doesn't even know this! some of the her friends are...(name a bunch of friends until the officer tells you to stop)" And how many miles to work should have been answered, "could you Google it for me? She works at yadda yadda, and she lives at (insert her address here)." At least it shows that you know things about her without meeting the unreasonable standards of the IO.

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: Timeline

Very sorry to here your news, stay strong and make some more visits to prove your ongoing relationship.

However, I hope others will read this coming from morocco, that getting married on your first or even second visit is taken very seriously, and we all have seen the denials but no one seems to want to listen, but instead jump the gun and hope for the best. With such a high fraud consulate, and a little research here on visa journey, couples can very well get a visa, but only if the couples take it slow and make multiple trips with extended stays or a few weeks each visit the first year and thereafter. Internet dating is something they see all the time, couples feel well it's proof enough, well not for morocco it's not. Maybe five years ago, things were different and visa's were a bit easier, but in the last two years they want to see genuine couples taking the time to get to know each other before marriage.

So if your out there reading this, and are contemplating getting married in morocco on your first or second visit, be sure you are ready for the outcome in the end if you have only one or no prior visits before marriage.

I have said before, that I was one of the luckiest girls to actually be interviewed by the consular interviewing my fiancé at the time. He went on to say how impressed he was that we took our relationship slow, and all my trips to morocco during the first two years made our interview successful.

So my point above is that it's very possible to obtain a visa if you truly take your time, have a long term engagement over a year, and just get to know the person your gonna marry.

Edited by foreverwaiting

My fiancé was never asked such questions out of the ordinary nor was I during the interview. The questions were basic questions about me and my family. We had all the red flags, but was treated with sincere respect.

It seems we hear these type of odd questions with those couples who rushed into marriage or a k1 so soon after meeting on their first visit.

Edited by foreverwaiting

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

It seems we hear these type of odd questions with those couples who rushed into marriage or a k1 so soon after meeting on their first visit.

I don't think these questions really sound that odd. I'm so sorry about your denial OP. I think my husband and I would easily be able to answer those questions and we've known each other for a little over a year and been married 2 months. We would have been able to answer them when we were still an ocean apart. I don't think it is unreasonable to know how long your spouse's commute is or how many friends they have or when you first confessed or realized your love.

Do you not talk about those things when you chat?

Edited by Nola123

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

Very sorry to here your news, stay strong and make some more visits to prove your ongoing relationship.

However, I hope others will read this coming from morocco, that getting married on your first or even second visit is taken very seriously, and we all have seen the denials but no one seems to want to listen, but instead jump the gun and hope for the best. With such a high fraud consulate, and a little research here on visa journey, couples can very well get a visa, but only if the couples take it slow and make multiple trips with extended stays or a few weeks each visit the first year and thereafter. Internet dating is something they see all the time, couples feel well it's proof enough, well not for morocco it's not. Maybe five years ago, things were different and visa's were a bit easier, but in the last two years they want to see genuine couples taking the time to get to know each other before marriage.

So if your out there reading this, and are contemplating getting married in morocco on your first or second visit, be sure you are ready for the outcome in the end if you have only one or no prior visits before marriage.

I have said before, that I was one of the luckiest girls to actually be interviewed by the consular interviewing my fiancé at the time. He went on to say how impressed he was that we took our relationship slow, and all my trips to morocco during the first two years made our interview successful.

So my point above is that it's very possible to obtain a visa if you truly take your time, have a long term engagement over a year, and just get to know the person your gonna marry.

To the OP I am so sorry and all I can say is follow your heart and trust in Allah. I am praying for you!

Forever waiting, I agree with you on the longevity part but not the multiple visits in the first 2 years.

I talked to my hubby online for almost 1 year before I went to meet him in person and stayed 5 weeks and got engaged while I was there. Then I came back to Texas and 18 months later went there and we got married. I then came back and 18 months later went for a 3rd visit and 9 months after that visit filed the I130 petition. So after 5 years together you are saying because we got married on the 2nd visit it wont matter and we will be denied?

I do not agree because I think it is about quality and not quanity. What proof do you have that is quality and shows a true relationship?

There is no rhyme or reason to this process and I have seen people approved on 1 visit and I have seen people denied after 10 visits.

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

1355794763[/url]' post='5877097']

To the OP I am so sorry and all I can say is follow your heart and trust in Allah. I am praying for you!

Forever waiting, I agree with you on the longevity part but not the multiple visits in the first 2 years.

I talked to my hubby online for almost 1 year before I went to meet him in person and stayed 5 weeks and got engaged while I was there. Then I came back to Texas and 18 months later went there and we got married. I then came back and 18 months later went for a 3rd visit and 9 months after that visit filed the I130 petition. So after 5 years together you are saying because we got married on the 2nd visit it wont matter and we will be denied?

I do not agree because I think it is about quality and not quanity. What proof do you have that is quality and shows a true relationship?

There is no rhyme or reason to this process and I have seen people approved on 1 visit and I have seen people denied after 10 visits.

No please don't misunderstand me. You didn't marry on your first visit like the OP did. We all know coming from morocco, this is a huge red flag. We also know multiple visits are very important as well. You took your time, thou u got engaged, you didn't run back two months later and marry. You did what is expected, you got to know the man you were gonna marry. Five years is amazing, and your the kind of couples we love to see. However, I stand my ground, saying marrying just after meeting is almost a done deal in morocco with no visits after that.

Yes couples do make it through....but my point in all this was, get to know your partner before jumping the gun knowing you are about to go through one of the toughest consulates known here.

Edited by foreverwaiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.