VanessaTony

I-751 April 2012 filers

1,108 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Well guys and girls it's about that time!! Those of us with a July expiration on our card are eligible to ROC starting in April!!

I have plans to ROC in April but don't have the money at the moment (still hoping to get a new job) but I thought I should get started on my list :) I've been planning my list for a while and adding to it since AOSing in 2010 (sounds so long ago now!).

So here is my list for ROC so far:

- G-1145 – Form for E-notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

- Payment in the amount of $590.00 payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security

- I-751 Joint Petition to Remove Conditions, signed and dated ###

- Evidence of Relationship:

o Copy IRS transcripts 2009, 2010 & 2011 showing joint filing

o Copy Wells Fargo joint account

o Copy First Trust & Savings joint account

o Copy Verizon cell phone bill (showing joint names)

o Electricity bills (showing joint names)

o Health Insurance showing joint names

o Copy Car Insurance cards (showing joint names)

o Copy Drivers licenses showing same address

o Photos from wedding & various occasions

I have also been keeping a list of other things that other people could include if they have them (I don't).

o Letter from USPS showing joint names on post box (I don't think this is possible but I was going to ask)

o Wills & Powers of Attorney showing each other as beneficiaries (I did sign a POA from when we bought the house but I don't know whether I know where it is)

o Flight records showing both travelled together

o Birth certificate of any children

o Lease/Mortgage agreement (i'm not on the mortgage or the title but I DID have to sign some paperwork seeing I'm his wife - and he had to sign FOR me 'cause I was out of the country)

o Affidavits from at least two (2) people who have know both of us since obtaining LPR (we decided against these as we have enough evidence otherwise).

When it comes to bills and account info and all that there's obviously A LOT of pages and there's usually one a month. So I will be sending the first page (showing our names) and one for every 3 month period. For car insurance we have little cards so I'll try and copy those onto several sheets of paper (they are 6 months at a time). We also have the bills for that... oh joy! I won't bother getting a box from the post office till I see how much ####### I'm sending :P Going to start collating it probably this w/end!

As it was with my AOS I am hoping and aiming to not interview. Mostly because the office is THREE hours away one way.. ugh. It would mean Tony would need to take a day off work and (hopefully) me too. I don't think he's eligible for paid time off year and if I were to get a job I doubt I would be either... That's some decent money we would lose.

Anyway that's the plan. How is everyone else's prep going?

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Good luck to you. I will be interested to see how your proof is received. Less than one year for us to file ROC.

Dave

Timeline

Good luck to you. I will be interested to see how your proof is received. Less than one year for us to file ROC.

Dave

Thanks :) I just ordered the IRS transcripts for the last 3 years online. Then I need to steal my husbands computer (that the printer is connected to) and waste a WHOLE lot of paper printing phone bills and electricity bills from online. Thinking I might include some FB printouts of comments on photo of us together and our puppies and stuff.

At least I have something to keep me occupied for a while! :D

Timeline

For those that are interested I just remembered I have life insurance (thanks to someone elses post) and nominated Tony as my beneficiary. Woot!

Timeline

So the tracking sheet for when people start filing is below. I'm waiting on the IRS transcripts and then I'm hoping to file. April 2nd is my opening date and I'm hoping to have it all together by then.

I've been looking at other filers groups and according to their tracking sheets (easiest way to check):

- August, most have been approved. Some took ages some were really quick: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/322565-i-751-august-2011-filers/page__view__findpost__p__5245547

- September, looks like almost all of VSC are still waiting: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/327083-i-751-september-2011-filers/page__view__findpost__p__5245052

- October, like September group, almost all VSC are still waiting: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/331984-i-751-october-2011-filers/page__view__findpost__p__5245557

- November, people are still waiting. One approval: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/336781-i-751-november-2011-filers/page__view__findpost__p__5245357

- December, people are still waiting for interviews: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/340828-i-751-december-filers/page__view__findpost__p__5246191

- January, a couple of people had their interviews in March (but haven't updated the sheet): http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/343787-i-751-january-2012-filers/page__view__findpost__p__5213965

So it looks like CSC is moving around 3-5 months but VSC is more like 5+ months. Anyway it's useless getting upset about it because you have the GC and you can still work and travel and everything. Plus if you're still waiting and your N-400 (USC) window opens you can file that and it will speed up your ROC paperwork so they can process your N-400. It'll all work out in the end :D

--- TRACKING SHEET ---

California Service Center (## applicants)

VJName.............I-751 Sent.....NOA1 Date......Biometrics......Approved....

NAME HERE...........--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--....

Vermont Service Center (## applicants)

VJName.............I-751 Sent.....NOA1 Date......Biometrics......Approved....

NAME HERE...........--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--....

IMPORTANT!

* Make sure that your VJ Text Editor setting is set to Rich Text Editor.

* Go to the MOST RECENTLY POSTED VERSION of this list (go to the last post and scroll UP) and "Reply" to it, deleting the "quote" tags in your reply.

* Please DO NOT change the font, font size, add colors, stuff like that.

* Please PREVIEW before posting to make sure it is properly formatted.

* Please check that you have not deleted anyones NAME & DATA.

I-751 Sent = The Date you sent your application

NOA Date = The Receipt Date on your original NOA letter

Biometrics = The Date of your biometrics appointment

Approved = The Date your case was approved

* Please Capitalize your VJ Name when adding it to the list.

* When you're on this list, please come back to update your information accordingly

* If you cannot add your information yourself, please ask another VJ member to help you do so.

I think our January group timeline has always been updated. It's just that both menina and almondmilkteagirl were not approved on the spot at their respective interview date. We do hope they'll hear something great very soon and we'll all have our 10-year GC, too.

Best wishes to April filers! good.gif

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Hey I'm also preparing everything to be submitted in USCIS. I'll have mine submitted last week of April.

Does anybody know that can family/relatives be the person in the affidavits form needed for evidence?

ROC

04/27/2012 Sent ROC package to CSC

04/30/2012 Delivery Confirmed USPS

05/12/2012 NOA1 Received. Receipt Date 04/30/2012

07/05/2012 Biometrics Received

11/21/2012 ROC Approved (Thank you Lord!)

12/01/2012 Green Card Received

Timeline

Hey I'm also preparing everything to be submitted in USCIS. I'll have mine submitted last week of April.

Does anybody know that can family/relatives be the person in the affidavits form needed for evidence?

I'm sorry I'm not entirely sure I understand your question so if this doesn't relate let me know... Family/friends are who you CAN ask to write Affidavits saying that your relationship is real. I do not believe that in the event you are sponsoring more than one person that one of the people could write an affidavit for the other people/person being sponsored.

I think our January group timeline has always been updated. It's just that both menina and almondmilkteagirl were not approved on the spot at their respective interview date. We do hope they'll hear something great very soon and we'll all have our 10-year GC, too.

Best wishes to April filers! good.gif

Aww that's no good! Best of luck to them and to everyone still waiting :) thank you for letting me/us know :D

I'm sorry I'm not entirely sure I understand your question so if this doesn't relate let me know... Family/friends are who you CAN ask to write Affidavits saying that your relationship is real. I do not believe that in the event you are sponsoring more than one person that one of the people could write an affidavit for the other people/person being sponsored.

Hey Vanessa,

Sorry to be unclear. My question is about 2 affidavit Letters... Can they be from family? Or does it have to be from friends??

Edited by coco lala

ROC

Timeline

Sorry to be unclear. My question is about 2 affidavit Letters... Can they be from family? Or does it have to be from friends??

Family or friends. Whichever you want.

Family or friends. Whichever you want.

Okay thanks! I was told otherwise that is why I got confused. Thanks Vanessa! :star:

ROC

Timeline

Okay thanks! I was told otherwise that is why I got confused. Thanks Vanessa! :star:

No problem. Just to confirm (and to show whoever told you that if you like). Instructions are here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-751instr.pdf page 2. Evidence of Relationship #5. It says "relationship to you or your spouse, if any". If they weren't allowed to be related they would say "cannot be someone related to you" or something like that. So don't worry. :D

Timeline

i will be filing around april 19, i almost got everything, i will be filing to VSC (god save my soul !) i hope i can file and forget about it, looking to VSC time line is depressing !! please add me to april filers, it will be april 19

If it's okay with you I'll add you (and me :D) when we've actually filed. I WANT to file on April 2nd but knowing my luck something will come up to stop that from happening!! :D

No problem. Just to confirm (and to show whoever told you that if you like). Instructions are here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-751instr.pdf page 2. Evidence of Relationship #5. It says "relationship to you or your spouse, if any". If they weren't allowed to be related they would say "cannot be someone related to you" or something like that. So don't worry. :D

Thanks. I got worried there for a sec because I already prepared my affidavits. :blink:

So when are you sending your packet?

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.