mrsbourffada

You don't know her very well...

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sometimes there is a confidence factor that you need to be aware of. It's not just the answer. For example,when my now wife went for her interview the CO told her that they have evidence that I was still living with my ex. Her response was a definite "no way". She lives in New Jersey and I live in New York. He lives alone with his dog Tasha. That was enough to get her visa.

For you. " how many friends does she have"? I don't know. But her closest friends are Mary and Jane.

" how many miles does she travel to work"? I don't know. But she has to get up at 6AM, take a train, and needs to be at work at 9AM.

"what day did you tell her you loved her". Don't not really remember the day, but we were in the park and we sat down on a bench and there was something magical in her eyes and...." ( basically recalling the event )

Understand? It may not be the exact answer but it shows that both of you have been communicating and beginning to know each others life and have shared many things. That is their main concern. Just my 2 cents.

I agree with this 100%. I attended the interview with my husband and the CO questioned me as well. The CO asked me many many questions about my ex husband, asked if my ex stll got mail at my house, even asked if his belongings were still here. When I answered I was very confident and said "he occasionally will receive mail as we were married for 20 years and some of his business contacts etc have no idea he no longer lives here". And when asked if he still has belongings here I said "absolutely not". I told the truth.

I will also say that I married my current husband on the first visit, we have a big age difference(I am older), we met on the internet, and we are different religions...HUGE red flags. We were able to overcome all of the flags because we were both very prepared, 100% honest and confident, and the most important part is that I made 4 long return trips after we were married and we spent a substantial amount of time together. My husband is also from a high fraud MENA country. He has been in the US for a little more than 2 months and he is adjusting well. He finally received his green card and SS# 2 weeks ago and is now searching for employment. You need to see things through the eyes of the CO, he sees 2 people who have met only once and spent very little time together, in even the most easy of consulates this is a recipe for disaster, and we all know Morocco is one of the most difficult. I suggest you make a take a long term trip to see your husband and spend some much needed time with him. For your benefit, and for the benefit of the future of your case. Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Just out of curiosity today, I asked the questions from this interview to all the people I was with today. Only one person could answer the distance to work question because she used to work there, too. She had no clue from the house he lived in before they were married. Only one man could tell where they were the first time "I love you." was said--after their first sex encounter. He had only a vague idea of the date.

I asked these questions of each person about their current spouses AND their past spouses. Nobody had a single clue about the friends question. My favorite response was, "What? You've got to be kidding! I'm not an abusive husband keeping her as a slave so that I know where she is and who she is with every single moment!"

It angers me that these questions weren't at all "interview" questions but more like unanswerable for the average bear. It is an embarrassment that this person wasn't questioned to look for potential fraud but instead, as is correctly thought by several here, to indicate that the decision was made before the questions were posed.

<Heavy sigh.> This kind of abusiveness by people who apparently don't have oversight on this kind of ####### makes me more nervous than ever about our impending AOS interview.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

No please don't misunderstand me. You didn't marry on your first visit like the OP did. We all know coming from morocco, this is a huge red flag. We also know multiple visits are very important as well. You took your time, thou u got engaged, you didn't run back two months later and marry. You did what is expected, you got to know the man you were gonna marry. Five years is amazing, and your the kind of couples we love to see. However, I stand my ground, saying marrying just after meeting is almost a done deal in morocco with no visits after that.

Yes couples do make it through....but my point in all this was, get to know your partner before jumping the gun knowing you are about to go through one of the toughest consulates known here.

[/quote

]

its true not only in morocco but everywhere fake marriages are very common now so taking your time is the one of the option to guarantee success though you can also think of other ways like having a baby together that is if you guyz are for real or owning joint property.but the least you can do is knowing basics about your patner. all the best to you good people

Edited by lucyda

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

For you. " how many friends does she have"? I don't know. But her closest friends are Mary and Jane.

" how many miles does she travel to work"? I don't know. But she has to get up at 6AM, take a train, and needs to be at work at 9AM.

"what day did you tell her you loved her". Don't not really remember the day, but we were in the park and we sat down on a bench and there was something magical in her eyes and...." ( basically recalling the event )

Understand? It may not be the exact answer but it shows that both of you have been communicating and beginning to know each others life and have shared many things. That is their main concern. Just my 2 cents.

OP, sorry for the bad news you got from CASA. I hope u and your SO will be strong and get through this.

Giving that I do not know how OP's husband answered or his grasp of English...I still really feel this snippet of advice should be noted!!!! CO needs to know do they have a relationship....

IMO Asking how many friends is a simple question not a trick. I am sure it was not a number that was needed. It was conversation to see how much this beneficiary knows.

Name the closest friends AND... tell a little more info like..." My wife has many others through her work that I cant recall their names but are very support to her in her office" Or " Those are the few she considers real friends then there are many just associates. or " My wife has one good friend Mary but she always tell s me I am her best friend"

It is not in MENA men to express themselves or share personal info (especially about their wives)...but

this would be the time to do so.

I explained to my husband that he needs to speak. He is normally a VERY private person and was never accustom to sharing his personal life even with his own respected parents, That was not happening at the interview.

In addition...If it was answered with a yes or no there was going to be a further explanation.

One question was about my daughters favorite subject in school...he did not know which was her FAVORITE, to be fair I dont think she has one... so he answered soccer which he knows she plays (in school and competitive) and then was asked an additional retort question what is her number? He chose a number....I dont know her number this year either. Unfair questions? Maybe. Sue the CO? Not.

You have to know each other. You have to make the best of the long distance relationship. If a couple has daily communication, then I would think the SO does know the estimated distance of the work from home. "I dont know the miles (kilometers) but she makes it in a half our by car right after we skype in the morning."

I copy and paste this from your post ENIGMA11561 and let you know your 2 cents went a long way...good advice to OP if....

both of you have been communicating and beginning to know each others life and have shared many things

it should come through in the interview.

As Pushbark noted write everything down that was asked and what/how he answered and start to work on your next step.

Good Luck

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

OP, sorry for the bad news you got from CASA. I hope u and your SO will be strong and get through this.

Giving that I do not know how OP's husband answered or his grasp of English...I still really feel this snippet of advice should be noted!!!! CO needs to know do they have a relationship....

IMO Asking how many friends is a simple question not a trick. I am sure it was not a number that was needed. It was conversation to see how much this beneficiary knows.

Name the closest friends AND... tell a little more info like..." My wife has many others through her work that I cant recall their names but are very support to her in her office" Or " Those are the few she considers real friends then there are many just associates. or " My wife has one good friend Mary but she always tell s me I am her best friend"

It is not in MENA men to express themselves or share personal info (especially about their wives)...but

this would be the time to do so.

I explained to my husband that he needs to speak. He is normally a VERY private person and was never accustom to sharing his personal life even with his own respected parents, That was not happening at the interview.

In addition...If it was answered with a yes or no there was going to be a further explanation.

One question was about my daughters favorite subject in school...he did not know which was her FAVORITE, to be fair I dont think she has one... so he answered soccer which he knows she plays (in school and competitive) and then was asked an additional retort question what is her number? He chose a number....I dont know her number this year either. Unfair questions? Maybe. Sue the CO? Not.

You have to know each other. You have to make the best of the long distance relationship. If a couple has daily communication, then I would think the SO does know the estimated distance of the work from home. "I dont know the miles (kilometers) but she makes it in a half our by car right after we skype in the morning."

I copy and paste this from your post ENIGMA11561 and let you know your 2 cents went a long way...good advice to OP if....

both of you have been communicating and beginning to know each others life and have shared many things

it should come through in the interview.

As Pushbark noted write everything down that was asked and what/how he answered and start to work on your next step.

Good Luck

:thumbs: I agree 100%

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

They asked him about his friend, who has been going through immigration proceedings for a long time. He has been denied once for a K1 and is now going CR1 route with his wife. They asked him if they discuss immigrating a lot. I don't know if that had anything to do with his denial or not.

Dunno what to make of this part.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Dunno what to make of this part.

How did the CO know he had a friend going through the process as well? Did I miss an explanation as to how that knowledge came about? Doesn't solve anything , just curiosity on my part as to if

he volunteered that information or they found it out ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Well,

Driss had his interview today and was asked questions like "what exact day did you tell her that you loved her"? "exactly how many friends does she have?" "how many miles are there between her house and her job?" They didn't ask any questions that I would have guessed. If I asked married couples that have been married for fifty years what exact date they told each other they loved one another, in most cases, they wouldn't have any idea! He was then told "well, you don't know her very well" and that she is writing her report and sending it to the NVC. I don't know what to do next, my heart is broken. They asked him about his friend, who has been going through immigration proceedings for a long time. He has been denied once for a K1 and is now going CR1 route with his wife. They asked him if they discuss immigrating a lot. I don't know if that had anything to do with his denial or not. I'm just at a loss as to what I can do next. I will head to Morocco in the next month to spend a few weeks with him.

Did you make time since first posting,

to go over the interview with your spouse,

verbatim ?

If so, please post the details. TIA !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Very sorry to here your news, stay strong and make some more visits to prove your ongoing relationship.

However, I hope others will read this coming from morocco, that getting married on your first or even second visit is taken very seriously, and we all have seen the denials but no one seems to want to listen, but instead jump the gun and hope for the best. With such a high fraud consulate, and a little research here on visa journey, couples can very well get a visa, but only if the couples take it slow and make multiple trips with extended stays or a few weeks each visit the first year and thereafter. Internet dating is something they see all the time, couples feel well it's proof enough, well not for morocco it's not. Maybe five years ago, things were different and visa's were a bit easier, but in the last two years they want to see genuine couples taking the time to get to know each other before marriage.

So if your out there reading this, and are contemplating getting married in morocco on your first or second visit, be sure you are ready for the outcome in the end if you have only one or no prior visits before marriage.

I have said before, that I was one of the luckiest girls to actually be interviewed by the consular interviewing my fiancé at the time. He went on to say how impressed he was that we took our relationship slow, and all my trips to morocco during the first two years made our interview successful.

So my point above is that it's very possible to obtain a visa if you truly take your time, have a long term engagement over a year, and just get to know the person your gonna marry.

I agree with you the best go trought this journey is try visit your husband or fiancee many time but not all have that chance some have no jobs but have money and time of course do many trip but others have jobs and money but no time do many trips seriosuly its crazy ask some or everyone do many trips each one has their own case .So they should Know that at first if visit your spouse just once a year can be Red Flag .GOod Lucky Everyone On Hzre that really sucks

event.png

mohammed-iii-sultan-of-morocco-and-georg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I wouldn't focus so much on what the exact questions were that they asked him. They weren't looking for him to actually know the answers to such specific, left-field questions. They were looking to see how he'd respond. It sounds to me like there might be some serious red flags in your case, and the CO was trying to see if they're just coincidence or if he's looking for a greencard and might trip himself up. my thoughts to you is to prepare your counter-argument evidence to submit so that maybe they'll give him another interview. Then when the interview comes, he must be completely honest, never stop talking, and substitute information he does know about you when they ask him a question he doesn't know the answer to (i.e. "I don't know how many miles she drives to work, but I know it takes her 45 minutes because she sometimes tells me how irritated she is about the traffic" or "I don't know the exact date we first said 'I love you' but it was in the summer in 2008 and I remember it was raining that day because I tripped on the wet pavement right before I talked to her, and she cheered me up..." just as examples. Good luck

Our K-1 Visa Timeline

• Jan 20th, 2012 - Mailed I-129F Package to VSC
  • Jan 31st, 2012 - NOA1 Received
  • Jul 11th, 2012 - NOA2 Received
  • Jul 17th, 2012 - Received at NVC/Case Number Assigned
  • Jul 19th, 2012 - Petition Sent to Casablanca Consulate
  • Jul 23rd, 2012 - Petition Received at Casablanca
  • Jul 27th, 2012 - Packet 3 Received
  • Sept 5th, 2012 - Interview (approved)
  • Sept. 7th, 2012 - Visa Received
  • November 16th, 2012 - POE: Atlanta, GA
  • December 1st, 2012 - Married
  • March 21st, 2013 - AOS Filed
  • March 29th, 2013 - I-485 NOA Received
  • June 19th, 2013 - Biometrics Appointment
  • July 11th, 2013 - EAD and AP Combined Card Received
  • September 20th, 2013 - NOID issued for missing immunization records
  • September 26th - 27th, 2013 - Obtained updated immunization, physical, sealed records from Civil Surgeon
  • October 3rd, 2013 - Immunization records mailed to USCIS Charlotte Office
  • October 8th, 2013 - Immunization records received at USCIS
  • October 29th, 2013 - I-485 Application to adjust status to Marriage Visa approved (no interview)
  • November 7th, 2013 - Restricted Green Card arrived
  • July 31st, 2015 - I-751 Removal of Conditions filed
  • August 3rd, 2015 - Received ROC NOA1
  • August 25th, 2015 - Biometrics appointment completed
  • July 14th, 2016 - Application for 10-year visa approved; new card in production
  • July 22nd, 2016 - 10-year visa received
  • September 6th, 2016 - Filed N-400 petition for naturalization
  • September 9th, 2016 - N-400 petition for naturalization received by USCIS - Texas Lockbox (September 9th priority date)
  • September 16th, 2016 - NOA received for N-400
  • October 7th, 2016 - Biometrics appointment
  • October 25th, 2016 - placed in line to receive naturalization interview date
  • February 27th, 2017 - interview scheduled
  • March 3rd, 2017 - NOA received for interview date
  • April 3rd, 2017 - naturalization interview - PASSED!
  • April 21st, 2017 Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.