JE06

Emailed the president...

136 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Just realized this was in the wrong forum, should be in service centers.. don't know how to move it. My apologies!

Moved from K1 Progress Reports to USCIS Service Centers per your stated desire in the sentence above.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

If you read my post, we have seen each other twice for a total of 5 weeks. Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Thanks for the drink tip!

I did read your post, that's how I know you have known each other half as long and seen each other 3 times as much. My fiance has not even benn able to visit here, harrased at POE or not.

We all knew what we were getting into, when I filed VSC was 6 weeks faster than CSC and I was bummed I went to CSC but I waited my time and jumped through the hoops. We are also all aware that they have no plans to change how they do things so let's all stop crying about what we cannot do and do what we can.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I am sorry you are still waiting, it really sucks.

I hope your petition is approved soon.

Try to take solace in the fact people have waited much longer and many people on here share "your pain".

When we started out K-1 VSC was faster , now it appears to have flipped.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can,

And wisdom to know the difference.

Edited by Xanax

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I just wish that the service centers would process applications in the order that they were received and process them ALL in a timely manner so that we ALL can be reunited with our loved ones as soon as possible.

3/09/2012 ..... Mailed I-129F to Dallas Lockbox

3/12/2012 ..... Received NOA1 by calling USCIS

3/16/2012 ..... USCIS deposited my check

8/13/2012 ..... NOA 2 approved!!!

8/17/2012 ..... Received case # from NVC

8/21/2012 ..... NVC sent packet to Embassy

8/30/2012 ..... Embassy received packet and sent verification email

9/20/2012 ..... K-1 Visa approved at U.S. Embassy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

IT sure is funny how everyone here keeps worrying about VSC being slow.My fiance thinks we would be approved by dec.I just cracked up when i heard him say that.He doesnt even see how serious the wait issue here is and for me ive just gotten use to the wait cos i havent waited too long.we wasted time filling the petition cos of his busy work schrdule and now we have to wait even longer.theres no time to waste on crying and sobbing for me.Am on my way to LONDON in december to take care of my nephew and niece so my sister inlaw can go back to school.when ever we get approved i will move back to ghana.But for now i dont want to waste my tears crying over vermont.Those csc people who feel no remorse about our situation should be ashamed of themselves because ive learnt here that we are one family and we should stick together and help eachother through the painfull wait times.As i said i wont waste anymore time feeling sorry.whenever our consulate recieves our application i will come back home for medicals and my interview.For my fiance who is still living in dreamland and doesnt believe in vj and the posts people write here,i just feel sorry for him cos he doesnt see how stressfull this wole thing is.Maybe cos am always happy and tired of typing I MISS YOU for the 5000th time,i just got use to it and stopped typing.VSC should just know that they are messing with peoples lifes.they should feel ashamed of themselves for ignoring peoples petitions .people are waiting just for a hug a nice warmmeal together,an afternoon picnic in the summer.A christmas filled with laughter gifts and the making of a snow man.My Fiance eats so much CHINESE that ive even began to worry that i would wake up someday and he would turn into Wun chi young (LOL) but sadly i cant do anything for him,ive taught him to cook some homemade meals on his own and he shd be good to go.THOSE WHO ARE WAITING SHOULD PLEASE HUNG IN THERE A LITTLE LONGER,and hope that things get better.IF THEY DONT MY ADVICE TO THEM IS THAT THEY MOVE TO SOMEOTHER PLACE WHERE THEY WOULD FIND A JOB THAT PAYS ALMOST THE SAME AND FILE THERE COS VSC IS A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AND EMOTIONS.THEY JUST DONT GIVE A DAMN.SIMPLE.Adious amigos everyone .muah

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Really, it's not apples and oranges.

Any part of this process that takes you outside the normal processing times causes stress. Remember that being together means a normal life. It's hard for an immigrant to have a normal life if their employer is hassling them about an expiring EAD. Or if you can't get a driver's license without a short expiry date. It keeps you up at night wondering what's wrong with your case and if they could possibly ship you back home. It can indeed cause stress in the marriage.

Start thinking about your normal life beyond the separation you are experiencing now. Your immigration journey doesn't end with being reunited. A foreign spouse doesn't adjust more quickly to their new life in the US with an immigration ax hanging over their head. You want to NOT be separated and have that normal life? One of the first steps is to see beyond where you are now. Believe me, it will give you something else to think about and keep you busy while you wait out this stage of the journey.

I didn't say it's not stressful. Of course it is. I said it's different. Being stressed and together is 1000% better than being stressed and apart.

My 13 month old baby has never met his father. Believe me, I would take an additional 10 years of stress for myself if that little boy could have his daddy home a couple months sooner.

If you don't see that being together is better than being apart I don't know what else to say.

M

event.png

event.png

NOA1 2/5/13 for AOS from K1

Biometrics 3/1/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We're at CSC and been there since June 5. No 60 day approval for us. But of course when we started, projected approval was in December, so even though others all around us are getting approved, I'm very happy we are we're we are. We have to remember this is the government running this. Not exactly efficient, but it is what it is. Maybe privatize it and pay by the application processed? Bet that wouls speed it up. It will also be just like the pendulum and vsc will speed up and CSC will slow down. If we want one month approvals (that would be awesome!) maybe we should be willing to pay 5 times the price for a service to be five times faster.

Government is pretty efficient imo and you are proposing having more rights because you can pay more? This forum is getting sadder and sadder. 8(

For those on here who see us rollin and hating, hey, we're venting we are not competing. We're not rolling over beleiving that that there is nothing we can do. We are actively searching for any way to speed up the process and really, can you blame us?

I didn't say it's not stressful. Of course it is. I said it's different. Being stressed and together is 1000% better than being stressed and apart.

My 13 month old baby has never met his father. Believe me, I would take an additional 10 years of stress for myself if that little boy could have his daddy home a couple months sooner.

If you don't see that being together is better than being apart I don't know what else to say.

M

I hope your wait is over soon. It will be a wonderful day for you when it is.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I know exactly how you feel :crying: the hardest thing in life is not having any control. The waiting is a killer but unfortunately that is all we seem to be able to do. I am willing to sign, mail, email, call whatever it takes to get this process moving. I don't think it will change anything but at least it may Help us with the waiting. MAY GOD HELP US ALL!!!!!!

I-129F

July of 2010: We met in Eritrean when I was on vacation.

August of 2010: Returned to U.S and we spoke on the phone everyday and still do (very costly).

December of 2010 to January 2011: went back to Eritrea to see him.

January 11, 2011- Engaged.

March 2, 2011: I-129F sent

March 13, 2012: Second interview. Placed on Administrative Processing.

October 16, 2012: Case sent back to USCIS

November 16, 2012 Case reaffirmed and sent back to the Department of State (according to the USCIS SITE)

November 28, 2012 Vermont Service Center received Petition back from Embassy.

March 2013- Returned K1 validity expired. Here we go again.... !

I-130

March 15, 2013 Married

April 29, 2013 Filed I-130

May 2, 2013: Received NOA1 via text/email

May 6, 2013: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail

XX- X, 2013: NVC received file

XX- X, 2013: NVC case number assigned

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

I didnt contact just for "me" I contaced about the service center as a whole. of course my email was centered around my own situation, I dont know anyone personally here or at VsC. as someone mentioned the trends just arent normal, but either way thanks everyone I really appreciate your opinions. thats the great thing about this country, we can all agree to disagree and opinions are allowed to run rampant! ;)

05/02/12 - I-129F sent

5/04/12 - I-129F NOA1

11/15/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (6.5 months!!)

11/29/12 - NVC Received

12/10/12 - USEM Case Received

12/12/12 - Packet 3

12/21/12 - Packet 4

1/16/13 - Medical Exam

1/17/13 - Interview- computers crashed.... or so they claim!

1/28/13 - New interview date- Admin. Processing

2/4/13 - Denial- No waiver can apply

July 14 2013 - Moved to Vienna with my dog and 3 suitcases!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi

First of all, can I just start by saying that you have hundreds, if not thousands of people on here sharing your pain right now. This whole process is torture and something needs to be done to at least sort out the way cases are handled, and the way applicants are communicated to.

I really do not want to be the bearer of bad news because this process is bad enough but I feel I have to let you know what may be in store for you.

We applied through the Vermont Service Centre last October, with an expected timeframe of 5 months. I had planned on it taking the full 5 months, as frustrating as it was to accept that. Fortunately, we provided more evidence than was necessary, just so that there wasn't a reason to get an RFE. This seemed to have worked and our case was processed in 3.5 months. I was pleasantly surprised by this. I had estimated the whole thing, from filling to receiving the visa to take approximately 8 months, which in normal cases is a fair estimate (3 months for the embassy/interview things to take place).

Once the embassy receives the application from Vermont, they tend to be fairly responsive in terms of processing and setting dates. Something you may experience, which will make your wait now seem like a walk in the park is the dreaded additional processing. Yes, if your fiancé has already had a problem entering the country, the chances are that they'll have to do additional security checks etc. I was put in to this and I have written a post on here to try and prepare people for it. You can find it at the link below.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/381417-ap-going-through-london/

Filed: Timeline

We're at CSC and been there since June 5. No 60 day approval for us. But of course when we started, projected approval was in December, so even though others all around us are getting approved, I'm very happy we are we're we are. We have to remember this is the government running this. Not exactly efficient, but it is what it is. Maybe privatize it and pay by the application processed? Bet that wouls speed it up. It will also be just like the pendulum and vsc will speed up and CSC will slow down. If we want one month approvals (that would be awesome!) maybe we should be willing to pay 5 times the price for a service to be five times faster.

Excellent idea. We've proposed this before.

If you care to read my linked thread in the signature even a former USCIS official said this was available.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Maybe you guys are not understanding my point, or maybe you're all being intentionally dense... so I'll give it one last shot, and make my point by example through numbers.

Let's say CSC is processing in 3 months. VSC is processing in 7 months. You guys are saying:

A) Unfair. How bout we share and average out at 5 months at each center.

I am saying:

B) Unfair, yes. How bout we suggest something for VSC so that it drops to 3 months as well (like: more adjudicators for I-129F and CR-1). That way CSC will stay at 3 months, and VSC will come down to 3 months too. Everybody wins!

And the response is: Burn the heretic? *shrugs*

While your outlook is really positive, good on you, it is very unrealistic! The government is not going to employ extra immigration officers, they can barely afford to sustain more vital things in life for everyone in this country. I think what people are trying to say is that they need to operate the best they can with what they have. That means, to be fair, spread the workload! I am sure you, in your own household, don't hire extra people to get the extra work done, but rather, divide and conquer!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.