JE06

Emailed the president...

136 posts in this topic

before you say "YOU ARE A MAY FILER! Relax." try to remember how long we have all been waiting to be with our loved one in general. I can't speak for everyone, but my fiancé and I have been apart for a year and a half.

WOW, and I thought I was impatient for waiting 7 months and 2 weeks at CSC!!!

:innocent: RELAX!!

Edited by WrightFamily

USCIS

05/29/2011: Married

08/12/2011: Sent I-130 packet.

08/15/2011: NOA1, Priority Date

02/22/2012: NOA2 - Approved

02/25/2012: NOA2 - Received hard copy in mail

NVC

03/06/2012: NVC received

03/07/2012: NVC Case Number, BIN & IIN Assigned

03/08/2012: DS3032 sent by email (auto response received immediately)

03/13/2012: Re-send DS3032 by email (auto response received immediately)

03/13/2012: Received (2)Email with DS-3032 Kit and AOS Bill instructions

03/14/2012: AOS bill appears as PAID

03/16/2012: Mailed AOS package (I-864)USPS EXPRESS

03/16/2012: DS-3032 Accepted Via Beneficiary Email (Took 8 DAYS from 1st Email)

03/20/2012: IV bill invoiced & paid $404.00

03/21/2012: IV bill Payment reflecting PAID / AOS checklist received

03/30/2012: IV package DS-230 sent via USPS Priority

04/02/2012: IV package Delivered @ 11:55 am w/signature

04/12/2012: Re-Sent DS-230 Part 1 W/Photocopy of receipt from Hong Kong Police Via USPS EXPRESS

04/13/2012: DS-230 Part 1 package Delivered to NVC ATTN:DR @11:52am

04/17/2012: CASE COMPLETE (41 Days @NVC)

04/22/2012: Request Expedite

04/24/2012: Expedite Approved!(2days)

04/25/2012: Case sent to U.S. Consulate General in HONG KONG

Medical / US Consulate / POE:

04/30/2012: U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong received

05/16/2012: Interview Scheduled May 22, 2012

05/22/2012: Interview APPROVED!!!!!!

05/26/2012: Visa in Hand (9 months 11 days from NOA1)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

I agree. This is race baiting. May be you should send to Austria instead of Kenya? And call Arno Schwarzenegger while at it.

Maybe if we called you Barry, you would get lost! Racism is never funny. :whistle:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The comments to the OP are much more interesting than I thought :devil:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know how you feel we are on day 168 or week 24 .All i can tell you is hang in there. It will pass by the way at the 180 day mark i will contact my senator. What website did you use for the president . I might email him as well. At worst it will do nothing.

I stayed off this website all weekend. The more I observe what is going on concerning vermont the angrier I get. And I am talking ANGRY! Ruin my weekend, want to punch someone, need a drink kind of angry. Not just one drink either.. I'm talking 3 or 4. Please, before you say "YOU ARE A MAY FILER! Relax." try to remember how long we have all been waiting to be with our loved one in general. I can't speak for everyone, but my fiancé and I have been apart for a year and a half. We have seen each other a total of 5 weeks during this time. One trip to America (harassed at POE) .... Another trip to America (denied at POE. Is it his Turkish name? I mean really.) .... and lastly my trip to Europe. Those were the best two weeks of my life, I would give anything to experience it again. Okay now I am tearing up. Here is the email I sent Mr. Obama, maybe a few others might take the same action:

Hello Mr. President. I am writing (and in tears) side note: bring on the drama! concerning the USCIS Vermont office. Vermont's processing dates claim 5 months for I-129F K1 visas, however the patiently waiting public is aware they are going far beyond that 5 month time frame to approve petitions. When inquiring on the matter, the reps explain (and have been for weeks) that they are currently processing petitions from January or early February. California USCIS is moving at a much faster rate, already approving petitions from JUNE for K1 Visas!!! Its very difficult to comprehend why some cases can't be transferred to CSC to help with Vermonts horrible workload. Myself and many others who have connected via the website visajourney.com are very concerned, upset, angry and down right miserable. The CSC filers essentially receive "expedited" service while paying the same monetary fee! It is very financially and emotionally straining waiting for our loved ones to get here, let alone get past the first step!!! I myself have had anxiety/panic attacks and depression due to not being able to see my fiancé in months. Traveling to see each other is just not possible anymore on our budget. We and thousands of others are trying to get our loved ones here the legal and right way. I respect our country and the process to bring a loved one here, however there is just no reason for the time differentials. Can anything be done? We really need your help in this matter. Thank you.

So, long story short.. I am not expecting a reply. Maybe if I called him Barry or sent the email to Kenya I might hear something.

Sorry, trying to make myself laugh. Not working.

ranting33va.gifranting33va.gif

protest6wz.gifprotest6wz.gif

Just realized this was in the wrong forum, should be in service centers.. don't know how to move it. My apologies!

When I filed for K1 in 2009, I got my NOA2 in 49 days from VSC. Many got it before me. CSC was slow then.

Now I've filed for removal of conditions from VSC and it's going to take 10+ months to get approved (last year it was <3 months). In the meantime, David has to carry around a piece of paper wherever he goes stating that he's a PR. I think we need to get it laminated.

The process is the process. Very little you can do to fight it, especially if you're still within timeframes. One gal waited for 2 years to get NOA2.

Many of your cohort will wait extra months in administrative processing and be supremely embarrassed at the US Consulates where they will treat them like dirt simply because of the country they come from.

Count your lucky stars you are from a western country in Europe.

Edited by Justine+David

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Again, why should you let the success of others cause you misery? Why shouldn't you want EVERYONE to be processed like CSC is being processed? The 2 suggestions are about as equally likely to be implemented, and yet you feel the better solution is to make everybody be as miserable as you, rather than hoping that everybody be as cheerful as CSC filers?

That was my point.

They're not equally likely to be implemented. Sharing the petitions across the offices has been done historically. Hiring more adjudicators would require additional funds. Your solution is extremely unlikely.

There is *nothing* wrong with naming reality. It's not raining on anyone's parade to say that everyone should have approximately the same wait time. It's just the truth.

M

event.png

event.png

NOA1 2/5/13 for AOS from K1

Biometrics 3/1/13

Timeline

Now I've filed for removal of conditions from VSC and it's going to take 10+ months to get approved (last year it was <3 months). In the meantime, David has to carry around a piece of paper wherever he goes stating that he's a PR. I think we need to get it laminated.

You're together during this time, right? Apples & oranges.

M

event.png

event.png

Biometrics 3/1/13

Timeline

CSC is no better than VSC,

You're kidding, right?

You can't compare a single case to a single case. But you can certainly compare averages. Right now, CSC is working on May/June. VSC is working on February. Get the facts.

M

event.png

event.png

Biometrics 3/1/13

Timeline

If you read my post, we have seen each other twice for a total of 5 weeks. Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Thanks for the drink tip!

While I thought the comment to you was really rude, and I completely sympathize with how you feel, it's true there are those of us out there who would be happy to have seen each other for a total of 5 weeks in the past 18 months. I haven't seen my fiance in the past 18 months at all. And we have a 13 month old baby. Believe me, I'm as pissed as you are right now. :(

M

event.png

event.png

Biometrics 3/1/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

whatever you hope to happen, however it happens, where ever it happens -

do pray they never arrive at TSC - it is absolutely the worst for center management.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I don't feel bad for anyone who feels the best way to get ahead themselves, is by putting down others. Why the need to constantly point out that other people at CSC are being approved faster? Why must the success of others (june filers at CSC getting approved) bring you misery? Why not focus on the real problem, which is VSC processing petitions slower than their 5 month announced timeline? Why must you rain in on the parade of others? Or worse yet, call for other CSC filers' petitions to be held up so that yours gets processed ahead of theirs?

I wish all these "petitions" and "Letters" that people are sending to whichever official figure they're sending it to would just stop sticking to this awful suggestion that the only solution to this problem is that petitions be shared across CSC and VSC, so that EVERYONE gets screwed. Here's a thought, how bout suggesting that more adjudicators be assigned to I-129F's and CR-1's, so that EVERYONE will benefit? Heck, I'd venture a guess that's more likely to be implemented than the "sharing across CSC/VSC" suggestion, and yet that's not good enough for you guys? You need to feel that everyone needs to suffer the pain that you're suffering to feel justified?

Unbelievable!

/end rant.

Yea ima say no, one center shouldnt be a 1/3 of the time as another. I can see maybe a 3 week difference but an extra 100+ days really?

You're together during this time, right? Apples & oranges.

M

Really, it's not apples and oranges.

Any part of this process that takes you outside the normal processing times causes stress. Remember that being together means a normal life. It's hard for an immigrant to have a normal life if their employer is hassling them about an expiring EAD. Or if you can't get a driver's license without a short expiry date. It keeps you up at night wondering what's wrong with your case and if they could possibly ship you back home. It can indeed cause stress in the marriage.

Start thinking about your normal life beyond the separation you are experiencing now. Your immigration journey doesn't end with being reunited. A foreign spouse doesn't adjust more quickly to their new life in the US with an immigration ax hanging over their head. You want to NOT be separated and have that normal life? One of the first steps is to see beyond where you are now. Believe me, it will give you something else to think about and keep you busy while you wait out this stage of the journey.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Awwwww, you so need a hug off your fiance,

This entire process is messed up and downright cruel.We rightly choose the legal route yet still get made to feel like criminals every step of the way,proving we're genuine having POE officers talk to us like #######(Ive been in tears many a time)and be picked to pieces emotionally and financially.

Problem is there doesn't seem a damn thing we can do about it but take it on the chin.I admire your letter to the president but sadly doubt he'll care one bit. Didn't he forgive many illegals recently(The Dream Act?) so now the service centres have those applicants to deal with before us legal folk?

You will get to look back one day and all this will just be a bad memory,but you'll at least be back with your loved one.

Maybe if the White House gets inundated with EVERYONE off visajourney sending an email they might take note?

Dream Act before legal people, good luck on us, we wont vote for free illegal immigration.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

We're at CSC and been there since June 5. No 60 day approval for us. But of course when we started, projected approval was in December, so even though others all around us are getting approved, I'm very happy we are we're we are. We have to remember this is the government running this. Not exactly efficient, but it is what it is. Maybe privatize it and pay by the application processed? Bet that wouls speed it up. It will also be just like the pendulum and vsc will speed up and CSC will slow down. If we want one month approvals (that would be awesome!) maybe we should be willing to pay 5 times the price for a service to be five times faster.

January 15, 2012 met on line

April 18, 2012 met in person in Cebu

April 20, 2012 proposed

May 28, 2012 filed K1

June 6, 2012 received email K1 accepted.

August 28, 2012 NOA2 approved!!!!!!!

September 21, 2012 went back for vist number 2

Had a wonderful time!

Interview set for November 6

Flying out November 3 to be together

Arrived November 4

November 6, 2013 interview and approved

November 14, 2013 picked up visa!

November 29, 2013 arrived in Anchorage

November 30, 2013 applied for marriage license

December 15, 2013 civil wedding

February 16, 2013 AOS filed

February 23, 2013 NOA 1 reviewed

April 4, 2013 Biometric appointment

May 9, 2013 AOS intervie

May 9, 2013 Approved ap, ead and green card

May 18, 2013 received Green Card, EAD and AP in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They're not equally likely to be implemented. Sharing the petitions across the offices has been done historically. Hiring more adjudicators would require additional funds. Your solution is extremely unlikely.

There is *nothing* wrong with naming reality. It's not raining on anyone's parade to say that everyone should have approximately the same wait time. It's just the truth.

M

Agreed.

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.