JE06

Emailed the president...

136 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Maybe you guys are not understanding my point, or maybe you're all being intentionally dense... so I'll give it one last shot, and make my point by example through numbers.

Let's say CSC is processing in 3 months. VSC is processing in 7 months. You guys are saying:

A) Unfair. How bout we share and average out at 5 months at each center.

I am saying:

B) Unfair, yes. How bout we suggest something for VSC so that it drops to 3 months as well (like: more adjudicators for I-129F and CR-1). That way CSC will stay at 3 months, and VSC will come down to 3 months too. Everybody wins!

And the response is: Burn the heretic? *shrugs*

Well, if that is your logic. While you're at it.... Why not bring each service center down to 1 month approvals.

You are using red herring logical fallacies for your position David&Goliath, namely an "appeal to ridicule" and "wishful thinking". The fact is the CSC's system (case file process, ratio of adjudicators to petitions, etc.) is working in a way that is beneficial to petitioners/applicants. The fact is also that the current system for VSC is not working to the same degree of success. Your suggestion is not to fix what is bad about the VSC's system but just to make CSC system suffer their errors and faults. What Henry&Rebecca suggested is that if one system is working in a beneficial way (the CSC), the aspects of that system should be replicated in the VSC so that all petitioners/applicants may benefit by what is demonstrably a better result in processing times. You argue, "Why not bring each service center down to 1 month approvals?" If there was a system that reasonably allowed there to be 1 month approvals, then yes, why not? However, that has not been demonstrated, while the current results of the CSC have been.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Maybe you guys are not understanding my point, or maybe you're all being intentionally dense... so I'll give it one last shot, and make my point by example through numbers.

Let's say CSC is processing in 3 months. VSC is processing in 7 months. You guys are saying:

A) Unfair. How bout we share and average out at 5 months at each center.

I am saying:

B) Unfair, yes. How bout we suggest something for VSC so that it drops to 3 months as well (like: more adjudicators for I-129F and CR-1). That way CSC will stay at 3 months, and VSC will come down to 3 months too. Everybody wins!

And the response is: Burn the heretic? *shrugs*

It is just way more realistic to assume that there is no mass hiring going on so apps can be fulfilled in 3 months. A divide an conquer approach makes way more sense.

USCIS:

06/06/2012: Sent I-130 to VSC (as LPR)

06/08/2012: NOA1 (Priority Date)

06/12/2012: Touched

08/20/2012: Mailed VSC request for Upgrade to CR1

08/23/2012: Opened Request with USCIS for Upgrade to CR1

08/27/2012: Got Email confirming upgrade to IR1/CR1

11/13/2012: NOA2

NVC:

11/16/2012: NVC Received (NVC # not ready)

11/19/2012: BOG number/IIN - Gave emails

11/19/2012: Choice of Agent email sent

11/20/2012: AOS bill invoiced

11/20/2012: AOS bill paid shows in process

11/21/2012: AOS package sent

11/21/2012: AOS bill shows PAID

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email sent (again)

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email accepted

11/23/2012: IV bill invoiced

11/23/2012: IV bill paid

11/26/2012: IV package sent

11/26/2012: IV bill shows PAID

12/07/2012: AOS accepted

12/10/2012: IV Accepted

12/10/2012: Case complete

12/13/2012: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Bogota:

01/25/2013: Lab Visit

01/28/2013: Medical

01/30/2013: Interview

02/05/2013: Email Waybill (5PM)

02/06/2013: Visa in hand

02/08/2013: POE JFK, NY

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey I got much love for my VSC peeps now.:luv: Don't hate cuz I got approved in 3 months. :hehe: (Just playin ya'll) If its any consulation my case got lost after NOA2 and I sat for 31 days before being transferred to NVC and thats after a service request. It's funny I am seeing now people approved way after me already done at NVC waiting for nterviews and here it is 8/27 and I am just getting started. There's no rhythm or rhime here. CSC was like this this time last year and VSC people were happy.

Will be interesting now CSC's performance of late not too many NOA2's coming llike it was a month ago. Buut VSC seems to be slowly coming out the logjam coma and at least approving I-129F. It really would be nice if they were adjudicated in order it was received and updates really were updates like (waiting on name check, waiting on response from interpol). Than people could really follow and know what was up.

Hey I say let just 10 real life people (filers) come in to oversee operations and give suggestions. I bet it would be turned around and efficient in minutes.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There are other petitions besides the K1 and CR1/IR1 that these service centers have to process. They also have to process AOS(I485)/ROC(I751)/N400 as well as many others. They currently don't list the processing times for I485 petitions but they say 5 months and I read of people waiting a year or more to get their initial 2 year conditional green card. I am at the 5 month mark now for my I485 petition and when you receive a I797 C stating that you have been transferred to CSC for faster processing (no interview if petition sent to CSC) it makes you wonder when Local USCIS offices where you have your interview can have these approved in 4 months or less. So everyone going through this process has to wait at some point during the process. Its not an easy process to go through but we hang in there to be with the person that we fell in love with. My K1 was processed at VSC so I know what its like to have to wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Core Values

Integrity

We shall always strive for the highest level of Integrity in our dealings

with our customers, our fellow employees, and the citizens of the United

States of America. We shall be ever mindful of the importance of the

trust the American people have placed in us to administer the nation’s

immigration system fairly, honestly, and correctly.

Respect

We will demonstrate Respect in all of our actions. We will ensure that

everyone we affect will be treated with dignity and courtesy regardless of

the outcome of the decision. We will model this principle in all of our

activities, with each other, our customers, and the public. Through our

actions, USCIS will become known as an example of respect, dignity,

and courtesy.

Ingenuity

As we meet the challenges to come, we will strive to find the most

effective means to accomplish our goals. We will use Ingenuity,

resourcefulness, creativity, and sound management principles to strive for

world-class results. We will approach every challenge with a balance of

enthusiasm and wisdom in our effort to fulfill our vision.

Vigilance

In this era of increased global threats and national security challenges,

we will remain mindful of our obligation to provide immigration service

in a manner that strengthens and fortifies the nation. We will exercise

a holistic approach to Vigilance as we perform our mission. We will

carefully administer every aspect of our immigration mission so that

new immigrants and citizens can hold in high regard the privileges and

advantages of lawful presence in the United States.

Objective 2.1: Improve timely processing of

immigration benefits

USCIS is fundamentally transforming the delivery of

immigration services while continuing to adjudicate

millions of applications and petitions each year. We strive

continuously for efficient and high quality service delivery

within an environment of unpredictable demand for USCIS

services. Increases in workload necessitate sound business

processes along with a workforce and organizational

structure that can quickly react to prevent processing delays.

Objective 2.3: Foster a customer-centered, scalable approach to service delivery

USCIS will adopt a customer-centered approach to service delivery, which will provide a clear,

consistent, and universal picture of each customer in order to guide risk assessment, adjudication

of benefits, as well as providing the basis for a more rigorous analysis of business operations. Our

customers will benefit from the government’s common understanding of his or her needs and

eligibility. USCIS will achieve this with new resources generated through the recently implemented

fee schedule, which will provide appropriate funding to address national security requirements and

customer service needs. The new fee structure will facilitate the ongoing modernization of our business

infrastructure to be more customer-centric, flexible and scalable. Under our Transformation Program,

we will convert paper-based processes to electronic-based business processes.

Both USCIS and our stakeholders will benefit as we change business processes and develop integrated

technology services that will enable us to create a holistic view of each customer, their current

application and history through a single interface. Initial steps in achieving our vision of the

future have been taken through a proof of concept based on the Inter-country adoptions process.

Furthermore, USCIS is piloting the digitization of records related to benefit applications to modernize

the way we access historically paper documents and share those same documents with our partner

agencies. As the Transformation Program progresses, we will deploy capabilities that will enable our

customers to use a common, consistent, and familiar interface to file an application, submit supporting

documents, make appointments for interviews or biometrics, track the progress of their case, and get

consistent information regardless of where they live, what they file, and which office actually processes

their case.

2008-2012

Securing America’s Promise 29

To become a model of customer-centered service that is more easily able to deal with the ebb and flow

of applications, we will:

◦◦ Continue to engage customers and stakeholders in developing strategies for improved

service delivery.

◦◦ Expand assessments of customer satisfaction with USCIS, our products and services.

◦◦ Promote, facilitate and expand the electronic filing of applications, scheduling of appointments,

and submitting changes of address.

◦◦ Simplify the submission of applications by customers regardless of form type and jurisdiction.

◦◦ Create paperless adjudications and leverage electronic data exchange to reduce the physical

transfer of paper files and evidence.

◦◦ Acquire the services of a systems architect to support the creation and implementation of an

integrated operating environment that will enable transformed business processes and technology

services to agilely and securely support the adjudication of immigration and citizenship benefits.

◦◦ Incrementally implement the transformed business and technology services, beginning with

capabilities supporting the adjudication of citizenship-related benefits.

2008 - 2012 Strategic Plan is a Failure

CSC is no better than VSC, they always look at each case individually. Maybe there is something about your case that needs more time to process. I would say that certain "low risk" countries get approved faster, it's a political game, and sadly they don't take our frustrations into consideration.

I've been waiting for 183 days without any sign of approval whatsoever. But hey what's 183 days compared to a lifetime that I'll be able to spend with my fiancé once this is over?

Yes it hurts to see some of the June or July petitions being approved, all I can really say is good for them, waiting to be with your loved one is the hardest thing to do whether you have to wait for a year or just a couple of months, it all hurts the same. I haven't seen my fiancé for over 8 months, we talk every day and help each other out the best way we can and when our time comes we will be together again. Losing my mind over this long process is no good for anyone and especially not for your rationship.

Edited by L & T

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

You are using red herring logical fallacies for your position David&Goliath, namely an "appeal to ridicule" and "wishful thinking". The fact is the CSC's system (case file process, ratio of adjudicators to petitions, etc.) is working in a way that is beneficial to petitioners/applicants. The fact is also that the current system for VSC is not working to the same degree of success. Your suggestion is not to fix what is bad about the VSC's system but just to make CSC system suffer their errors and faults. What Henry&Rebecca suggested is that if one system is working in a beneficial way (the CSC), the aspects of that system should be replicated in the VSC so that all petitioners/applicants may benefit by what is demonstrably a better result in processing times. You argue, "Why not bring each service center down to 1 month approvals?" If there was a system that reasonably allowed there to be 1 month approvals, then yes, why not? However, that has not been demonstrated, while the current results of the CSC have been.

Thank you so much for understanding my point, and putting it in much better words than I was able to.

I guess it all boils down to the fact that I don't believe this huge discrepancy between service times of CSC and VSC is simply a matter of VSC getting too many petitions and CSC less. Something is seriously wrong at VSC, and I suspect it may be because they might have pulled some adjudicators off fiance petitions given their ahead of time schedule last year. So it would stand to reason that if THAT discrepancy was pointed out, that VSC could revert whatever change they made late last year (which again, in my opinion, is very likely that they pulled adjudicators off these petitions and assigned them to others) so that VSC petitioners don't have to wait as long as they've waited.

The above is just a guess of course, but the point is still the same: That the system VSC needs to be adjusted, not just the petitions redistributed.

In essence, attack the problem at its core... don't just put a band aid over a gushing wound and call it fixed.

Edited by Henry&Rebecca

Filed: Timeline

Simply put... because we all pay the same fee, we should all get the same degree of service.

You are missing the point.

He is not saying that it is fair that VSC is taking longer.

He doesn't want CSC to get slower just so that VSC can be faster.

He wants, and like I do too, that VSC get more adjudicators, or whatnots and process as fast or even faster than CSC.

We are the US, it shouldn't take less time for Curiosity to fly to Mars than to process a petition which takes about 15 minutes in an average.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Simply put... because we all pay the same fee, we should all get the same degree of service.

:thumbs:

To sit and wait patiently or otherwise is one thing - but we all go through this stressful process, we all pay the same fees - there should be some consistency in the timeframe. It needs fixing.

Best wishes to you all for a happy outcome ... (F)

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

Actually, I have to disagree with your attitude. Why should petitions at CSC be approved in 47 days and petions at VSC must wait 5,6,7 months?

Is there anyway to refile with CSC, say from a different location etc?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are missing the point.

He is not saying that it is fair that VSC is taking longer.

He doesn't want CSC to get slower just so that VSC can be faster.

He wants, and like I do too, that VSC get more adjudicators, or whatnots and process as fast or even faster than CSC.

We are the US, it shouldn't take less time for Curiosity to fly to Mars than to process a petition which takes about 15 minutes in an average.

I read the thread in your sig, good stuff there and it helps.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi,

I totally feel your frustration, depression, desperation and everything else about how long these things are taking, whether at CSC or VSC, the five month plus process is very difficult for all parties involved. But you must've been aware of the processing time when you started the process. Were you not? You must've been aware that it wouldn't be easy, it would be time consuming, and keep you up at night, and constantly checking the computer to see if you were approved. That's what everyone is doing.

I just have to say that I can't believe you wrote to an email to the president using that tone of voice and language. It's disrespectful in my opinion and if you wanted to be taken seriously, you should've taken care to edit your writing.

I totally empathize with your situation, we're all in the same boat here and we're here to support one another so that we can one day get through this process and finally be with our loved ones. Every case is unique, you have to remember that and just keep hoping and believing that yours will be next to be approved.

event.pngevent.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

There are other petitions besides the K1 and CR1/IR1 that these service centers have to process. They also have to process AOS(I485)/ROC(I751)/N400 as well as many others. They currently don't list the processing times for I485 petitions but they say 5 months and I read of people waiting a year or more to get their initial 2 year conditional green card. I am at the 5 month mark now for my I485 petition and when you receive a I797 C stating that you have been transferred to CSC for faster processing (no interview if petition sent to CSC) it makes you wonder when Local USCIS offices where you have your interview can have these approved in 4 months or less. So everyone going through this process has to wait at some point during the process. Its not an easy process to go through but we hang in there to be with the person that we fell in love with. My K1 was processed at VSC so I know what its like to have to wait.

I have no idea if this is relevant, but I just read elsewhere that the VSC is handling the Temporary Protected Status applications for Syrian refugees.

XMY93gI.jpgXMY9m5.png

AAD1m5.pngThankYouUSA-Kosova.jpg

See my Timeline for details of our visa journey
17-Aug-2011 Our Wedding Day in Kosovo 
07-Nov-2011 Filed I-130
21-Nov-2011 NOA1
23-Aug-2012 NOA2 Approved 276 days
10-Jan-2013 Case complete via email

28-Feb-2013 Interview, result AP
11-Apr-2013 Embassy appointment - VISA APPROVED and issued in 4 hours
30-Apr-2013 POE Chicago O'Hare - He's home!

04-Sep-2014 Moved to northern California

12-Mar-2015 Filed ROC
16-Mar-2015 Documents delivered
18-Mar-2015 Check cashed
19-Mar-2015 NOA1 dated 03/16/2015 received in mail
13-Apr-2015 Biometrics completed
02-Feb-2016 Contacted USCIS about case, was told it's on hold because of security checks (email)
04-Mar-2016 Moved to Wisconsin
12-Aug-2016 New Biometrics appointment
14-Sep-2016 Contacted USCIS again about case (email said we should hear from them by Oct 6)
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 explaining the Service Request is currently being reviewed by an officer.
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 with Interview appointment for both of us for 28-Sep-2016
28-Sep-2016 Interview, both of us, separated, not hard, 10 min. each, result---said hubby will get GC in about 10 days
26-Oct-2016 *****STILL WAITING*****
02-Nov-2016 Card is being produced!!!
08-Nov-2016 Card is mailed
10-Nov-2016 Card is Delivered!!!! YAY
CITIZENSHIP: 

Biometrics appointment for 2020-03-27 has been cancelled until further notice as all field offices are closed because of COVID-19.

***NOA dated 12/10/2020 USCIS stated they are able to reuse previous Biometrics***

Interview was easy. My hubby's Oath Ceremony is scheduled for February 25th. I can't watch >sad< but happy he is getting his certificate!

25-FEB-2021 Oath Ceremony! My hubby is a Citizen!

Timeline

This is exactly the issue. We know there are ups and downs and swaps but SOMETHING is seriously imbalanced now at 200 days for VCS and less than 60 for CSC. The trends do NOT support the claims that this is normal and certainly not in the two years of data I looked at.

There was a conference where members of both service Centers attended. After this CSC sped up considerably and is still steaming along. Vermont has fallen further behind. Even further than CSC was when they were "behind".

I would be curious to see some hard data for each service center. Do they have differing "systems" or is this more of a resourcing issue?

For example, what is the staff to case ratio @ VSC versus CSC? Could it be that VSC is under a proportionally larger overall caseload due to the populous eastern seaboard states? I'm not commenting on the fairness of the situation but just curious as to why such a large discrepancy actually exists.

Jul 22, 2009: I-129F Sent

Jul 30, 2009: I-129F NOA1

Oct 09, 2009: I-129F NOA2

Oct 13, 2009: NVC received

Oct 21, 2009: NVC sent to Sydney

Oct 26, 2009: Sydney Received

Oct 27, 2009: Packet 3 email received

Nov 02, 2009: Packet 3 sent

Nov 04, 2009: Packet 4 received

Nov 24, 2009: Interview scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.