JE06

Emailed the president...

136 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

I stayed off this website all weekend. The more I observe what is going on concerning vermont the angrier I get. And I am talking ANGRY! Ruin my weekend, want to punch someone, need a drink kind of angry. Not just one drink either.. I'm talking 3 or 4. Please, before you say "YOU ARE A MAY FILER! Relax." try to remember how long we have all been waiting to be with our loved one in general. I can't speak for everyone, but my fiancé and I have been apart for a year and a half. We have seen each other a total of 5 weeks during this time. One trip to America (harassed at POE) .... Another trip to America (denied at POE. Is it his Turkish name? I mean really.) .... and lastly my trip to Europe. Those were the best two weeks of my life, I would give anything to experience it again. Okay now I am tearing up. Here is the email I sent Mr. Obama, maybe a few others might take the same action:

Hello Mr. President. I am writing (and in tears) side note: bring on the drama! concerning the USCIS Vermont office. Vermont's processing dates claim 5 months for I-129F K1 visas, however the patiently waiting public is aware they are going far beyond that 5 month time frame to approve petitions. When inquiring on the matter, the reps explain (and have been for weeks) that they are currently processing petitions from January or early February. California USCIS is moving at a much faster rate, already approving petitions from JUNE for K1 Visas!!! Its very difficult to comprehend why some cases can't be transferred to CSC to help with Vermonts horrible workload. Myself and many others who have connected via the website visajourney.com are very concerned, upset, angry and down right miserable. The CSC filers essentially receive "expedited" service while paying the same monetary fee! It is very financially and emotionally straining waiting for our loved ones to get here, let alone get past the first step!!! I myself have had anxiety/panic attacks and depression due to not being able to see my fiancé in months. Traveling to see each other is just not possible anymore on our budget. We and thousands of others are trying to get our loved ones here the legal and right way. I respect our country and the process to bring a loved one here, however there is just no reason for the time differentials. Can anything be done? We really need your help in this matter. Thank you.

So, long story short.. I am not expecting a reply. Maybe if I called him Barry or sent the email to Kenya I might hear something.

Sorry, trying to make myself laugh. Not working.

ranting33va.gifranting33va.gif

protest6wz.gifprotest6wz.gif

Just realized this was in the wrong forum, should be in service centers.. don't know how to move it. My apologies!

Edited by JE06

05/02/12 - I-129F sent

5/04/12 - I-129F NOA1

11/15/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (6.5 months!!)

11/29/12 - NVC Received

12/10/12 - USEM Case Received

12/12/12 - Packet 3

12/21/12 - Packet 4

1/16/13 - Medical Exam

1/17/13 - Interview- computers crashed.... or so they claim!

1/28/13 - New interview date- Admin. Processing

2/4/13 - Denial- No waiver can apply

July 14 2013 - Moved to Vienna with my dog and 3 suitcases!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I def agree with the offloading of applications from VSC to CSC, divide and conquer to ensure that all USC's regardless of where they live receive the same treatment, specially since we are all paying the same processing fees.

If VJ as a community is willing to put out a template letter that would suggest a divide and conquer approach to ensure equality and be addressed to the white house, VSC and CSC I would def do my part and submit it. Maybe 10-20 emails can be ignored, but a few hundred or thousand would def get the ball rolling.

Cant help but think about the guy from shawshank redemption (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111161/).

B-)

USCIS:

06/06/2012: Sent I-130 to VSC (as LPR)

06/08/2012: NOA1 (Priority Date)

06/12/2012: Touched

08/20/2012: Mailed VSC request for Upgrade to CR1

08/23/2012: Opened Request with USCIS for Upgrade to CR1

08/27/2012: Got Email confirming upgrade to IR1/CR1

11/13/2012: NOA2

NVC:

11/16/2012: NVC Received (NVC # not ready)

11/19/2012: BOG number/IIN - Gave emails

11/19/2012: Choice of Agent email sent

11/20/2012: AOS bill invoiced

11/20/2012: AOS bill paid shows in process

11/21/2012: AOS package sent

11/21/2012: AOS bill shows PAID

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email sent (again)

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email accepted

11/23/2012: IV bill invoiced

11/23/2012: IV bill paid

11/26/2012: IV package sent

11/26/2012: IV bill shows PAID

12/07/2012: AOS accepted

12/10/2012: IV Accepted

12/10/2012: Case complete

12/13/2012: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Bogota:

01/25/2013: Lab Visit

01/28/2013: Medical

01/30/2013: Interview

02/05/2013: Email Waybill (5PM)

02/06/2013: Visa in hand

02/08/2013: POE JFK, NY

the majority of the us population aren't affected by legal immigration so the focus stays on illegal immigration. since i've been on vj, i've seen these sorts of topics pop up, letters written, signatures gathered. i've seen people complain about refugees from haiti getting priority, beneficiaries of the dream act, etc..

csc isn't giving expedited service, as you note in your letter. it's the way it goes - the trends with turnaround times go back and forth. once vsc gets ahead and then csc will no doubt pass them up again. and on and on...

Timeline

I def agree with the offloading of applications from VSC to CSC, divide and conquer to ensure that all USC's regardless of where they live receive the same treatment, specially since we are all paying the same processing fees.

If VJ as a community is willing to put out a template letter that would suggest a divide and conquer approach to ensure equality and be addressed to the white house, VSC and CSC I would def do my part and submit it. Maybe 10-20 emails can be ignored, but a few hundred or thousand would def get the ball rolling.

Cant help but think about the guy from shawshank redemption (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111161/).

B-)

I agree, I don't expect any results but just throwing the idea out there. whistling.gif

05/02/12 - I-129F sent

5/04/12 - I-129F NOA1

11/29/12 - NVC Received

12/12/12 - Packet 3

12/21/12 - Packet 4

1/16/13 - Medical Exam

Timeline

the majority of the us population aren't affected by legal immigration so the focus stays on illegal immigration. since i've been on vj, i've seen these sorts of topics pop up, letters written, signatures gathered. i've seen people complain about refugees from haiti getting priority, beneficiaries of the dream act, etc..

csc isn't giving expedited service, as you note in your letter. it's the way it goes - the trends with turnaround times go back and forth. once vsc gets ahead and then csc will no doubt pass them up again. and on and on...

I know they aren't actually expedited, I said "essentially" .... it's how you end up feeling when you see the unfortunate 200+ day situations, that's all.

And yes I don't expect much action, I just wish more attention was drawn to the subject. Just sharing and putting the word out there. Makes me feel better knowing I'm doing something.. whistling.gif

05/02/12 - I-129F sent

5/04/12 - I-129F NOA1

11/29/12 - NVC Received

12/12/12 - Packet 3

12/21/12 - Packet 4

1/16/13 - Medical Exam

I know they aren't actually expedited, I said "essentially" .... it's how you end up feeling when you see the unfortunate 200+ day situations, that's all.

whistling.gif

i understand, when we were at the k1 portion, vsc was slow and csc was faster, right after we got our noa2 - they flipped and vsc started moving at lightening speed..then we finally got to the interview and montreal took a full month to get us the visa. we weren't given any reason why and ended up having to contact my senator to get any information. felt like the longest month of my life. i would suggest reaching out to your local congressional and senate offices. start local. and talk to as many people as you can about the process of legal immigration - most us citizens have no idea what it entails - hell, i didn't even know such a thing as a fiance visa existed until i found myself needing to get one :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wait till it gets approved and then down closer to the wire, if there is another delay

it could be :wacko: for you. Ema had her visa approved the 16th and they've had 3 holidays in the phil in the last two weeks. It's just a sucky grind, but worth the wait. :thumbs:

May 9, 11. Met on dating site Filipinacupid

chat 2x a day since

Dec 23, 11. met in Cebu, traveled to Balamban.

Dec 25th 11 asked her fathers permission to marry her in Cebuano. Engaged.

Jan 1, 12. Came home.

Jan 18th 12, I-129f recieved at vsc

Jan 25th 12, first noa

Feb 9 12, touched

July 2, 12 approved

July 7, 12 recieved noa2

July 16th, called nvc recieved case #

Aug 1st, CFO completed

Aug 16th, Interview date and Approved

Timeline

Thanks everyone!!! Except Ron4... his drink suggestion didn't help me!! devil.gif

05/02/12 - I-129F sent

5/04/12 - I-129F NOA1

11/29/12 - NVC Received

12/12/12 - Packet 3

12/21/12 - Packet 4

1/16/13 - Medical Exam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.