Derik-Lina

K1; NOA2 iin 3 months

44 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Derick said:

I appreciate the sad info lol Jk but why is it that someone here told me that the Moro embassy is one of the most difficult ones? any idea? 

Morocco is known for being a high fraud country unfortunately people have ruined it for those of us who have real relationships. Many men (including mine) get put on long AP and many never get their visas. Ours was sent back to US and now were doing a cr1. Those who get approved are usually either a woman from Morocco with a Muslim USC male or if the couple is similar in age and has had 3-4+ visits over a year or more. Anything outside their norm is rarely approved on K1. 

There's a k1 Facebook in Darija if your fiance has questions for others who've gone through it. Send me a message and I can send you a link. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Like others have said, Morocco is one of the more difficult consulates and even after NOA2 you still have a few months ahead of you until your fiancee arrives in the USA. My husband (also Moroccan) came on a K1 visa on July 25 and our NOA2 date was May 5th. I have studied the K1 process extensively and know exactly what my then fiancé needed to do after getting the NOA2 approval. My fiancé also lived in Rabat close to the panel physicians and living in a big city meant it only took him a few days for documents such as police clearance and singlehood proof. Sometimes gathering the documents takes much longer. We emailed the consulate as soon as our case arrived there and heard back within 2 days. I was really shocked to hear from them so fast as they can sometimes take a week or more to reply. The interview tends to be scheduled a round 1 month out from when they receive your case. Remember that after NO2, your petition will first spend about 1 month in transit to and from the NVC before arriving in Casablanca.

I hate to be negative, but I would keep your wedding date flexible if you can. I really doubt she will be here by December, unless you get your NOA2 soon (like this week, and that would be extremely lucky).

Cases often go into administrative processing in Morocco and its hard to tell if it will happen or how long it will take to process the case. Our case was approved in Casablanca within days of the interview, but because I read VisaJourney forum as we started discussing marriage, I knew multiple visits would be necessary. I made 5 total visits to Morocco and we don't have an age gap in our case, but each case and experience is different and really hard to predict especially when it comes to the Casablanca consulate. 

Good luck and I hope your NOA2 arrives soon.

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
1 hour ago, RJandHamid said:

Like others have said, Morocco is one of the more difficult consulates and even after NOA2 you still have a few months ahead of you until your fiancee arrives in the USA. My husband (also Moroccan) came on a K1 visa on July 25 and our NOA2 date was May 5th. I have studied the K1 process extensively and know exactly what my then fiancé needed to do after getting the NOA2 approval. My fiancé also lived in Rabat close to the panel physicians and living in a big city meant it only took him a few days for documents such as police clearance and singlehood proof. Sometimes gathering the documents takes much longer. We emailed the consulate as soon as our case arrived there and heard back within 2 days. I was really shocked to hear from them so fast as they can sometimes take a week or more to reply. The interview tends to be scheduled a round 1 month out from when they receive your case. Remember that after NO2, your petition will first spend about 1 month in transit to and from the NVC before arriving in Casablanca.

I hate to be negative, but I would keep your wedding date flexible if you can. I really doubt she will be here by December, unless you get your NOA2 soon (like this week, and that would be extremely lucky).

Cases often go into administrative processing in Morocco and its hard to tell if it will happen or how long it will take to process the case. Our case was approved in Casablanca within days of the interview, but because I read VisaJourney forum as we started discussing marriage, I knew multiple visits would be necessary. I made 5 total visits to Morocco and we don't have an age gap in our case, but each case and experience is different and really hard to predict especially when it comes to the Casablanca consulate. 

Good luck and I hope your NOA2 arrives soon.

Based on your experience and numbers, my fiancee should be here by December. It would be 7 months in total, from the NOA1 til her arrival nshlah. As much as I hate to do this to my family, I d have to push wedding plans to February or even March to be on the safe side. I appreciate your input and hope this process comes to a positive end soon. I have only been there with her twice, but we have communicated religiously for hours daily. Now, that you mentioned you have been with yours three times, do you recommend I go again? I do miss my fiancee terribly and I would not mind visiting her again in November or even next month. Thanks and I wish you the best of luck with your husband and plenty of healthy and happy babies ;p 

Honest-Love-Respect

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks for the well wishes. :P

She COULD be here by December if you get really lucky with your NOA2 and every thing goes perfectly smooth for you at the NVC and interview. The problem with estimating is that NOA2 is taking anywhere from 3 months to 5+ months. It's pretty much impossible to predict. And that's also not including factors like the dreaded DS-5535 form that some (seemingly random?) applicants are being asked to supply after the interview in Casablanca, adding an unknown number of weeks or months to the process. The advice anyone would give you here on VisaJourney is not to have a dead set wedding date and not to book plane tickets before the visa is in the beneficiary's hand. There is just a huge unknown timing factor when going through the visa process.

If you can visit again, I definitely recommend another trip to Morocco! You can never have too many visits. Perhaps you can plan to visit when she has her interview. You won't be able to go inside the consulate with her, but she would probably appreciate the emotional support of you being there if you can.

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi does anyone of you guys are excited for NOA2? My fiancé and I are still waiting it's been 118 days from NOA1 I hope we will get out NOA2 so soooon. 

GodBless to all of us!

People need to understand that the total estimated processing times for I-129F's is five months. Someone once told me this, when I just joined VJ and I will repeat it; Expect five, be happy with less. 

OP, please don't plan a wedding if you don't have your NOA2 yet. I even tried to book my wedding venue when I just received mine (wedding venue for july 15th 2016) and I end up having my interview on that day. Luckily they were so sweet to give the amount paid back, but it's a lesson need to be shared. 

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Summer123 said:

Hi does anyone of you guys are excited for NOA2? My fiancé and I are still waiting it's been 118 days from NOA1 I hope we will get out NOA2 so soooon. 

GodBless to all of us!

Exciting and nerve wrecking too. Over 120 days here and nothing yet and sure hope not to get an RFE.

Honest-Love-Respect

*~*~*moved from "process and procedures" to "progress reports" - question about processing times*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm in the same boat as you are .

My NOA1 is dated May 12 .

We also have plans to get married in December and I am starting to feel very discouraged about this . 

I guess the only thing we can do is wait .

Thr while immigration system is archaic and inept .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
18 hours ago, Derick said:

Hi all,

I have noticed that many February filers received their NOA2 s in May. My NOA1 is dated May 8th and I have not heard anything yet. When I look at the USCIS official site, it shows they are processing February 1st. I am so very confused and anxious to have my fiancee join me soon. We have a December wedding in the works.

Any May filers still waiting or have received their NOA2 s??? Your input is much appreciated. 

Just a word of advice and this is stated many times on this site. Do not make any wedding plans that required payment until your visa is in hands. Things can change. The government can get back logged...which is seems to be right now. Your visa can get delayed or worse denied even at no fault of your own but the country you're filing through. Believe me...my hubby's and my K1 was denied based on a picture the CO made a bad assumption on. It's fine to consider what you want for a wedding, but expect things to change and you'll have to adjust. There are not guarantees when going through this visa process. 

Morrocco is a tough embassy and one that often has long AP periods even after an approved visa. I know the site shows a 7 month K1 process, but you need to be looking at the timeline for your particular country. There are many countries that are much easier to get through and take less time. I suggest you look through the Morrocco portal and get a better understanding of what others are facing in your embassy. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kostas said:

Thr while immigration system is archaic and inept

Every case is different, and there are thousands of cases submitted monthly.  Since each and every case must be individually scrutinized by HUMAN eyes, there is no fast way to process them.  Then, some cases require extensive processing time..........I know of no easy fix available....unfortunately.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

10 minutes ago, missileman said:

Every case is different, and there are thousands of cases submitted monthly.  Since each and every case must be individually scrutinized by HUMAN eyes, there is no fast way to process them.  Then, some cases require extensive processing time..........I know of no easy fix available....unfortunately.

I guess people expect immigration to take less then two months. Sure, Jan. 

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

20 hours ago, Derick said:

Hi all,

I have noticed that many February filers received their NOA2 s in May. My NOA1 is dated May 8th and I have not heard anything yet. When I look at the USCIS official site, it shows they are processing February 1st. I am so very confused and anxious to have my fiancee join me soon. We have a December wedding in the works.

Any May filers still waiting or have received their NOA2 s??? Your input is much appreciated. 

With those dates you are likely to get NOA2 late Sept, early October.

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 9/2/2017 at 6:14 PM, geowrian said:

It's currently taking 4 months on average for a NOA2 or RFE on an I-129F. Some are taking 5 or 6+ months. You're still in normal processing times.

Edit: And just as a reminder, do NOT purchase flights or put in deposits for a wedding that you aren't able to change or aren't willing to lose.

I got my NOA1 in March and I still haven't heard from the USCIS since. If they're still processing Feb 1st that means I'm still within the processing time but this takes too long.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.