bahamamama234

MEGATHREAD- What does a Trump Presidency mean for visas? (merged)

660 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We are about to send our package and it should be arriving there by the 10/11...

Do you guys think if Donald Trump wins, the process of removing conditions on residency will change between now and the next 4 months?

Timeline

hi

no, he can't change anything, and also, he starts in January, and the new members of Congress voted as well

Congress is the only one who can change immigration laws

so don't worry

He won't do anything unless it's about illegal immigration. Don't worry as long as you are doing it the right way.

That's a relief! Thank you so much guys we appreciate it :) <3

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

The result is the same as BREXIT, the people have spoken and the change in January will be immense.

I will continue with the process for me and my wife. :dancing:

Timeline

I came in through same-sex marriage with K1 visa. He may place a supreme court judge who could overturn that. I'm still on AOS. I hope his win doesn't affect us negatively. ?

At this point all we can do is hope for the best :/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

What a scary time for America. I just might be moving to Jamaica after all. Not sure what this means for us and our loved ones. Unfortunately I wish I could file tmrw. I can't so I will hv to watch and see what happens.

Hi guys,

So with news that Donald Trump has won the US Election, what does this mean for K1 visas? My fiance and I were thinking about filing soon, so it would already be in progress when President Trump takes office. Any idea what any of this means in the way of legal immigration?

"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." - John F. Kennedy

Does trump have the power to shut down the k1 visa? or does congress have to prevent it from happening?

I can't see the K1 visa program getting shut down, I think all that would happen (personal opinion) is that they may scrutinise them harder than they are right now

"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." - John F. Kennedy

Filed: Timeline

Hello Everyone,

The unthinkable happened and Trump will be the new president and now the panic starts to kick in.

My wife and I have recently submitted our CR1 Visa in Dubai, UAE and are worried after reading a lot about trumps immigration policy, that he's going to pause all green card applications for 1 or 2 years and also stopping the processing from "terrorist activity" countries.

Should we be worrying? Is this all talk? Or is this something congress would have to pass, and probably won't end up doing?

I'm looking for a little re-assurance it will be ok i guess haha.

Any advice or thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks.
Will

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Am I the only one worried about pending interviews from the Middle East? I hope immigration won't pull the carpet so quick since Trump plans to block entry to the US? Am I worried too soon? I'm panicking!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Okay so i'm living in egypt and i am egyptian , my birth certificate states that i am a muslim even though i am not anymore (can't change that and i don't have the intent to do so yet) , my birth certificate which has already been sent does say that i'm a muslim , my mom is a permanent resident therefore everything's legal , will me being an egyptian/muslim affect my visa papers like can they actually cancel everything because i'm from egypt? i'm actually asking this question because trump said " i call for a total and complete shutdown of muslims entering the united states until our country's representatives figure out what the hell is going on "

Edited by Felix.A

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.