Schmone

What is my chances to get a tourist visa after 2 denials

14 posts in this topic

I am from south africa. I have applied twice before. I was denied due to my ties to my country.

Both times I didn't get the chance to tell them that I have 2 kids that can not get passports that I have sole custody off. ( I kind of messed up in the second interview when they asked what has changed since my 1st interview, I should have brought it up I know)

I am visiting my us bf who was going to sponsor my trip which I also know is a red flag to them. 

But since my last interview my situation has changed. These are my ties to my country: still my 2 kids that can't get passports at this moment. I can pay for my own trip I do not need sponsorship with this i can provide the bank statements as proof. I have a lease agreement for over a year too. And I am currently looking after my dad and his business since he got ill which I will also have medical certificates for and his statement that I am doing all of this.

With it I can provide an invitation letter and flight itinerary and everything.

Does this increase my chances

Edited by Schmone
Grammer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

With your commitments would it not be better for him to visit you?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

It was last year beginning of November. So if I would apply now the interview will only be in two months from now.

And he has visited me 4 times now. But he doesn't get so many days off from work making it around 8 months without seeing one another.

And basically he feels like the visa thing is making it impossible that he just wants to give up. So I really do need it since I won't be moving to the us any time soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

by your own words a new application would probably get denied

lease on apartment is not strong ties like owning a house/leases can be broken

have to care for father's business as he is ill but u can leave it to travel???

kids can't get a passport has no bearing

bf has no confidence in visa thing and wants to give up/getting a tourist visa won't help

Yes i can. He has other workers too.

I help manage it for him

Which I can take a week off from now and again and ask my sister to come and stay with him if its needed. 

How does the fact that I can't take my kids with have no bearing? Isn't that the biggest tie to my country then? 

Thank you for the relationship advice. Now I don't need to go as on the ldr platform

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

This forum is full of cases where children have been left behind, must admit I thought it was odd when I first came across this but apparently not.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

The bottom line is that they still deemed that you’re more at risk of staying in the US and adjusting status through your bf than returning to South Africa to the ties that you presented. It might not be true at all but that’s what they concluded. With a denial that happened very recently, I think the chances of B2 are slim. However, we’re not fortune tellers and whatever we say is not 100% set in stone; this is all personal opinions. All you can do is re-apply and hope for the best and hope that they will give you a chance to present evidence (because in a lot of cases they do not).

Edited by powerpuff

14 hours ago, Schmone said:

I am from south africa. I have applied twice before. I was denied due to my ties to my country.

Both times I didn't get the chance to tell them that I have 2 kids that can not get passports that I have sole custody off. ( I kind of messed up in the second interview when they asked what has changed since my 1st interview, I should have brought it up I know)

I am visiting my us bf who was going to sponsor my trip which I also know is a red flag to them. 

But since my last interview my situation has changed. These are my ties to my country: still my 2 kids that can't get passports at this moment. I can pay for my own trip I do not need sponsorship with this i can provide the bank statements as proof. I have a lease agreement for over a year too. And I am currently looking after my dad and his business since he got ill which I will also have medical certificates for and his statement that I am doing all of this.

With it I can provide an invitation letter and flight itinerary and everything.

Does this increase my chances

Your change to get the visa are minimal to not say zero, with an American boyfriend and tow denials.

you can try , they get their money and you will get same answer

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

My then boyfriend now my husband was denied 4 times for a tourist visa between 2016-2018.

yea we went ahead and got married and filed his green card in 2019.

Your US citz boyfriend Is a huge red flag

Edited by NullandVoid

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

For certain countries, the embassy has seen cases where the parent leaves the care of their children to relatives and travel to the US and stay to adjust status or work illegally.  Because of this patern, it is difficult convince the embassy that your children are strong ties.

Also, if I recall correctly, you would have had to enter your family details on the DS-160.  They know you have children and still denied you.

Having to take care of an ill parent is not a valid reason because your are seeking a visa to travel away and not take care of the parent, which means he does not need to be looked after or there is someone else that can look after him.  Same for his business.

A career strongly based in your country, with defined holiday/vacation time you can use to visit other countries, would be better evidence.  Other evidence is a history of travelling to other countries and abiding by the terms of those visas.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
22 hours ago, Schmone said:

Yes i can. He has other workers too.

I help manage it for him

Which I can take a week off from now and again and ask my sister to come and stay with him if its needed. 

How does the fact that I can't take my kids with have no bearing? Isn't that the biggest tie to my country then? 

Thank you for the relationship advice. Now I don't need to go as on the ldr platform

not relationship advise but thinking u may stay and adjust status in US thru a tourist visa

and too many people leave kids behind 

if someone else can take care of running dad's business and u can travel ,  u have stronger ties to the US with a US bf than to your country

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.