Adil_Nola

I'm withdrawing my I-130 petition

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Friends-
After one year of waiting, and being only 2 weeks away from our I-130 case decision, according to USCIS website, my wife wants a divorce. Long story short this one year wait has been a major factor in ruining our marriage. The wife just couldn’t manage it. I tried my best with her. 

Now my question is, is it better to withdraw my petition before the I-130 gets approved just so it doesn’t “go in my record” with the USCIS? In other words If I don't stop this petition within the next two weeks, will it impact any future petitions I file, i.e. Petition approved vs. petition withdrawn? 

TIA. 
Edited by Adil_Nola

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

You can withdraw the I-130 at any time before the visa is issued.  Just make absolutely sure that you want to withdraw because a withdrawal is irrevocable. No impact on future petitions.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
5 hours ago, Adil_Nola said:
Now my question is, is it better to withdraw my petition before the I-130 gets approved just so it doesn’t “go in my record” with the USCIS? In other words If I don't stop this petition within the next two weeks, will it impact any future petitions I file, i.e. Petition approved vs. petition withdrawn? 

TIA. 

Because you've filed it's already on your record. Withdrawing or not won't change that record. However, don't stress too much on the record pe se as it doesn't stop you from filing future petitions. Just make sure you guys are really absolutely divorcing before you pull the plug on the I130 otherwise you'll have to start all over again. Also, there will be another opportunity at NVC stage to not move forward with case if you still need some time to think about this.

~~ Topic moved from IR1/CR1 forum to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration benefits ~~

Are you the petitioner or beneficiary?

Edited by powerpuff

Timeline

I would say to NOT WITHDRAW and wait.

The application is already on the record.

Give yourselves time to work things out; you never know. Stuff happens, and things can get worse before they get better.

Withdrawing is a drastic move. I would say do not withdraw unless you file for divorce, and not before then. You never know.

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, powerpuff said:

~~ Topic moved from IR1/CR1 forum to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration benefits ~~

Are you the petitioner or beneficiary?

This question is important

Only USC can withdraw

if no chance to make the marriage work ,  withdraw it,   as he could be approve , have a green card and divorce here leaving u stuck for the sponsorship

you can think about this and let it go to NVC and withdraw it there 

BTW  most Moroccan are honest and if he says 'he wants a divorce,  he does 

Another petition?   same country?   Why?

learn this lesson and get to know the next one better

18 hours ago, Adil_Nola said:
Friends-
After one year of waiting, and being only 2 weeks away from our I-130 case decision, according to USCIS website, my wife wants a divorce. Long story short this one year wait has been a major factor in ruining our marriage. The wife just couldn’t manage it. I tried my best with her. 

TIA. 

This sounds mysteriously like another very recent thread…..

Do you already have a potential spouse lined up to petition?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Additional posts have been split into their own thread in this forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Thank you all for your advices.

@powerpuff @JeanneAdil  I am the USC petitioner, my Moroccan wife is the beneficiary. So I should be OK with the USCIS if I let the I-130 get approved and later decide to withdraw the "petition" with the NVC? To do that, should I just write to the NVC that I intend to stop the visa process?  

@JeanneAdil @Jorgedig, I don't have anybody lined up for the time being. One at a time.. Same country? I don't think so. I'm originally Moroccan but lived in the US most of my life 28 years+, but I don't recognize women back in Morocco anymore. They're not what they used to be. Nowadays most are all about money, hidden agendas, Instagram ... I was looking for someone with similar cultural background. Screw that!

I might as well find me some nice southern belle with traditional values... 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It's OK to withdraw it at the NVC stage.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

3 minutes ago, Adil_Nola said:

There are people everywhere with whom you would and would not "click."  It is certainly easier and cheaper to date someone local.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 hours ago, Adil_Nola said:

@powerpuff @JeanneAdil  I am the USC petitioner, my Moroccan wife is the beneficiary. So I should be OK with the USCIS if I let the I-130 get approved and later decide to withdraw the "petition" with the NVC? To do that, should I just write to the NVC that I intend to stop the visa process?  

@JeanneAdil @Jorgedig, I don't have anybody lined up for the time being. One at a time.. Same country? I don't think so. I'm originally Moroccan but lived in the US most of my life 28 years+, but I don't recognize women back in Morocco anymore. They're not what they used to be. Nowadays most are all about money, hidden agendas, Instagram ... I was looking for someone with similar cultural background. Screw that!

same as adil said "u need money ,  house and car"

and u need to understand u have been 28 years in USA,  it has changed your culture too/  u may still be Moroccan but there is a lot of US in u

If u attend a mosque,  there should be good muslim women and a father that would be happy to introduce his daughter

Timeline
9 hours ago, Adil_Nola said:

There are a lot of moroccan women with values, you just need to look at the right place and be honest from day 1. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.